PNW: Lovitt V

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

PNW: Lovitt V

Post by Whiskeywrist » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Lovitt run number FIVE will occur over the weekend of August 17-19th!

Details will evolve over the summer, but mark your calendar if THIS is finally the year some of you fence-sitters rally for the charge!

Camping details and routing are yet to be determined, but the basic plan is the same as last year:

-Leave en mass Saturday AM, ride all over the general eastern side of Washington state, tent camp at a park somewhere.

-Continue riding Sunday, with our destination Lovitt restaurant, Colville WA.

Per a delightful new tradition, I expect we'll be converting the lawn of the restaurant into a tent city that night, of overfed, drunk, roadweary, and utterly blissed out Ootmiks.

-Return home Monday via North Cascades/Highway 20

Riders should be prepared for 300 mile days in what is often /very/ hot weather in some occasionally remote (and thoroughly gorgeous) country.

We typically stop for fuel about every 100 miles.

Bring enough gear to overnight comfortably, and make any preparations you feel prudent to ensure you and your bike can make the trip, up to and including roadside assistance/towing insurance.

Our team has a lot of well prepared veterans that are happy to help, a handful of new riders, and a good variety of skill/eagerness to cover ground represented- everyone is welcome and will almost certainly find a comfortable/thrilling place in the ride.

Typically the group breaks into two to four pods that regroup periodically with the entire group, while keeping track of their own riders/buddies. These are chaotic and organic structures, that often fracture and merge as the day progresses- everyone is encouraged to mix it up and ride with new folks, especially as their confidence, stamina, and sightseeing impulses ebb and flow.

Besides the riding, bring swim gear and comfortable camp and lounging stuff (even fancy dresses have been reported!), as well as enough cash to pay for the gourmet, family style meal Sunday night ($30 + drinks should be a good budget) and to help with beer/camp fees/firewood, etc. (another $15-20?)

We'd really love to share this trip with some of you out of state folks, and have ample accommodations for guests that need a couch to crash on before or after the main ride.

Any questions, suggestions, etc. can be left in this thread, with final planning coming together mid summer.

================================
2014 Aprilia Tuono

cjp
Western WA. Wandering Dervish

Re: PNW: Lovitt V

Post by cjp » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

I still dream of this beef

goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

GeekGrl
Magnum Jihad

Post by GeekGrl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 am

W00t! Have contacted Podling-minder and looks like the dates will work out ... so I should be IN. May decide to do it as a 2-day again this year, though, but we'll see how things are going with Podling and Wayward closer to the date.

Can't FECKING WAIT!
"This is what I do, darlin'. This is what I do." -- Mal Reynolds

'09 Triumph Bonneville
'02 Suzuki GZ250 (sold, may it have new journeys)

Tales from a solo ride: http://www.waywardrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 pm

As noted elsewhere on the inter-tubes, I'm hoping to catch up with y'all on the eastside on my way back from Bonneville.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

cjp

Post by cjp » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Thumbs up on both accounts!
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

JunoUno
Pin Puller

Post by JunoUno » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 pm

IN! This time with more vroom and less *oh shit*. CAN'T WAIT.

GeekGrl
Magnum Jihad

Post by GeekGrl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 am

** bump **

Who all is planning to join the PNW Cell for Lovitt this year? Its a fabulous 3 days of riding and fun with Ootmiks and ZKers ...
"This is what I do, darlin'. This is what I do." -- Mal Reynolds

'09 Triumph Bonneville
'02 Suzuki GZ250 (sold, may it have new journeys)

Tales from a solo ride: http://www.waywardrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cjp

Post by cjp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Less than a month away. PM me if you want details, I'm putting together the pre-ride mailing list.
Duae Rotae Optimae