2013 Isle of Vashon T.T.

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

2013 Isle of Vashon T.T.

Post by Pintgudge » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 pm

So, how many of you out there are Enthusiasts of the Vintage Motorcycle variety?

VME is a very cool group, with lots of rides, events, happenings, and so forth. They even put out a little magazine with stories, info, and a section called Pacific Northwest History in which there are articles submitted from the Pacific Northwest Museum of Motorcycling archives. This month from the Seattle times, may 25 1919,

"Indian Owners Have a Fine Trip"

"Thirty nine men and women ride to Canyada Lodge by way of Orting."

"A feature of the trip was Mrs. Schaeffer driving her Indian sidecar outfit the entire distance of 134 miles. Friend husband could not go, so she invited a neighbor woman and went on her own. It was a feat of wich many a man might be proud."

This article goes for 1 and 1/2pages, and there are two more articles of antique news stories.

Anyway, well worth $30 bucks a year, especially when you , and other enthusiasts, are the sole recipients of the announcement, (drum roll!) that the date for this years T.T. is. . . .

September the eighth!

My nephew chose that date to be married on, so I won't be there, but I hope many of you will have a great time!

If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak