DOOM! 2015

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

DOOM! 2015

Post by red » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:03 am

It's usually Rench's job to post about the upcoming DOOM gathering but since he said won't be attending this year, I'll pick up his slack.

With Rag being this year and all, I wanted to see what the turnout for DOOM would be. I have the days off (10/8-13) but I won't know for sure until summer time if I can make it.
How many of you plan on going?

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: DOOM! 2015

Post by Jaeger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:23 am

I actually can't make it this year (again). At least I know in advance this time. There's a conference I gotta attend.

I might be able to run up in the evening at some point just to see folks but I won't be spending too much time in the bar. :P

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 am

Jaeger wrote:I actually can't make it this year (again). At least I know in advance this time. There's a conference I gotta attend.

I might be able to run up in the evening at some point just to see folks but I won't be spending too much time in the bar. :P

--Jaeger

I think your auto-correct changed "will" to "might".

If the stars align properly and I get to go, I'm heading to the X-Keys, even if I'll be the lone Ootmick.

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Ill be there.
thats a sweet bike.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:23 pm

So I can't make Rag, and there's a bunch of you east coast folks I haven't gotten a chance to meet. What's the best place to fly in for this, Harrisburg?
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:13 pm

calamari kid wrote:So I can't make Rag, and there's a bunch of you east coast folks I haven't gotten a chance to meet. What's the best place to fly in for this, Harrisburg?
Philly or Baltimore, most likely.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Given my absenteeism the last few years, I'm not going to say one way or another at this point.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

red

Post by red » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:31 am

guitargeek wrote:Given my absenteeism the last few years, I'm not going to say one way or another at this point.
I understand!

If you do plan on attending, let me know in advance and we can meet up either at my place or somewhere along the way.

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 am

Harrisburg would be the closest airport.
But there is only 2 of us here.
The only loaner I have currently is a 50cc.
That will probably change by October though.
thats a sweet bike.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:44 am

For a noobie, what is Doom? I've seen it mentioned several times, but never with any details besides a name...
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 pm

http://www.utmc-forum.org/pub///viewtop ... 83#p180562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 pm

And more recently...

http://www.utmc-forum.org/pub/viewtopic ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once upon a time there was a link in the "Gallery" section, but that went away with the transition to the new site. DG, you know whatever happened to those pix?

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red

Post by red » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:01 am

Rumor has it SomeMook and piccini9 will be attending too.

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:49 am

Well shit, this may be the year I go to DOOM. Have to leave it as a maybe.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Not likely to make DOOM nor Rag, but I still have my memories of 2012 (or 13? Shit I cannot remember).
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Doom is penciled in; no way I can make rag.
666(k) Retirement Plan of the Beast. Only offered by Dis Annuities.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Mon May 04, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm still planning to make it to DOOM, though my new boss is a bit irked that I saved up 2 years of vacation days before he was hired, and I'm using them all now when he has big plans that require a lot of work.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Post by Skkot » Mon May 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Doom is a go for me. BWI is the best airport in my opinion, and I can assist with transportation due to my proximity.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red

Post by red » Tue May 05, 2015 3:15 am

Ever since I've found this place and heard about the DOOM! meet up, I've wanted to go but something always came up. Money but no bike, bike but no money and etc. My wife said she won't let me miss this year's DOOM!.

See you heathens there.

mikestorck33
Asshat Spambot

Post by mikestorck33 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 pm

I have shows in NC that week so I probably won't be able to make it.
"the television will not be revolutionized!!!"

red

Post by red » Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 am

Are there any motorcycle or scooter events nearby DOOM this year?

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Wed May 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Is DOOM! not enough?
thats a sweet bike.

red

Post by red » Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Aggroton wrote:Is DOOM! not enough?
Not sure, I've never been! I only ask because whenever I read over the old DOOM threads, there always seems to be a scooter rally or vintage bike show going on too.

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed May 27, 2015 7:37 pm

the AMCA event is always the week after the AMA hillclimb, and that usually means its the weekend prior to DOOM! (including this year).
only once have the stars aligned and the AMCA event was the same weekend as DOOM!.

on the other hand, the Not Summit Point scooter rally has been on the Columbus Day holiday weekend for a number of years now. i can't find anything on NSP this year, but that may be just because its too early (or it may be because i'm not on the facebook, and thats where all the cool kids hang out these days...all the old scooter boards and calendars are dead).
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

rubber buccaneer
Magnum Jihad

Post by rubber buccaneer » Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 am

Greetings.
I'm ~ 40min from Harrisburg, if you decide to fly to HIA you have transportation, possible floor space and delicious foods & beverages. No spare wheels to lend unfortunately. I'm good for pickup at Balt. / DC if needed.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am

And batteries, he always has AA batteries handy.

red

Post by red » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 am

Is everyone arriving on Saturday?

I might be getting to the Cross Keys Friday afternoon or early evening depending on detours. I'm planning on taking the scenic route along US 30 instead of just slabbing it.

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Ill be there Friday.
I like to try and get there early. But Im not sure if Ill be able to get out early that day yet.
But ill be there worst case by 9pm.
thats a sweet bike.

red

Post by red » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 am

Room has been booked for Friday and Saturday!

If my buddy backs out, I'll post here and on FB in case anyone needs a bed.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

So, I sincerely offered in the more public Facebook venue my sidehack if Xkeys resident and paraplegic John wanted to ride with the UTMC during our annual visit. While the sincerity was there, I assumed no reaction would be gained, so I wasn't thinking logistics.

Well, looks like there's a beginning of traction. :mrgreen:

So I guess what I'm throwing out here, is if Xkeys can confirm his interest, can I convince anyone to fly out here and drive it back there for the use?

I can point you along the best routes, likely set you up with company via Red, and then we can either setup a return or store it somewhere there until spring.

Thoughts?

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni