DOOM! 2015

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: DOOM! 2015

Post by red » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:29 am

calamari kid wrote:Well fuck, I'm out.

Funds prohibit at the moment. Spousal employment outlook is looking good though, perhaps next year.
If it helps get you to DOOM, you're welcome to floor space in my room. You might have to cuddle with Aggroton.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:08 am

red wrote:
calamari kid wrote:Well fuck, I'm out.

Funds prohibit at the moment. Spousal employment outlook is looking good though, perhaps next year.
If it helps get you to DOOM, you're welcome to floor space in my room. You might have to cuddle with Aggroton.
That is a seriously tempting offer, Aggrotron's always been my favorite. Unfortunately the shortfall is more plane ticket sized.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

red

Post by red » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

Anyone close to US50 and want to meet up on the way in on Friday? US50 looks like it's going to be a beautiful and fun ride!

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 am

red wrote:Anyone close to US50 and want to meet up on the way in on Friday? US50 looks like it's going to be a beautiful and fun ride!
If you're starting in Clarksburg, WV and coming across it's lovely, just be sure you do it in the daylight -- and without ice. Last time I was out that way I thought I was a deadman... and I was in a cage. :shock:

It turns to shit at some point once you're coming into VA. Once you hit Winchester, VA, I strongly advise you pick up I-81 (or something) to Hagerstown and then figure out how to get to Gettysburg from there. Once you're past Winchester it's increasingly DC Metro, which is shit riding.

Alternately, you could take U.S. 50 East -> VA 7 East -> U.S. 340 North and go through Harpers Ferry. That'll take you all the way into Frederick (and Priest's shop). It's a fairly easy ride from there.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 am

Sent route via pm.

red

Post by red » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:32 am

Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:Anyone close to US50 and want to meet up on the way in on Friday? US50 looks like it's going to be a beautiful and fun ride!
If you're starting in Clarksburg, WV and coming across it's lovely, just be sure you do it in the daylight -- and without ice. Last time I was out that way I thought I was a deadman... and I was in a cage. :shock:

It turns to shit at some point once you're coming into VA. Once you hit Winchester, VA, I strongly advise you pick up I-81 (or something) to Hagerstown and then figure out how to get to Gettysburg from there. Once you're past Winchester it's increasingly DC Metro, which is shit riding.

Alternately, you could take U.S. 50 East -> VA 7 East -> U.S. 340 North and go through Harpers Ferry. That'll take you all the way into Frederick (and Priest's shop). It's a fairly easy ride from there.

--Jaeger
I found out a coworker rode US 50 back from the DC area a few weeks ago. He said the traffic was minimal, the roads were in good shape and to watch out for cows. We'll take the northern route via US 30 to DOOM and take US50 back.

T-Minus 48 days until I hit the road.

Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Post by Skkot » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

If your route ends up going through Harpers Ferry, that is a very pretty area and is also where I live. I'll probably be departing from there, but not till later in the day Friday. Cooking times may vary. If you want to stop en route to DOOM, you won't leave hungry.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red

Post by red » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:49 pm

We will be arriving via US 30 and leaving via 50. The guy that's riding with me is a newer rider and wants to get some miles under his tires before tackling 50.

I appreciate the offer of food!

red

Post by red » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

Skkot wrote:If your route ends up going through Harpers Ferry, that is a very pretty area and is also where I live. I'll probably be departing from there, but not till later in the day Friday. Cooking times may vary. If you want to stop en route to DOOM, you won't leave hungry.
We'll probably roll with you towards home on Sunday. I tried to Streetview Harpers Ferry, I guess they don't let the Google Cars in town.

Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Post by Skkot » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Historic Harper's Ferry is more walky than drivey. Maybe Google Earth will be more illustrative. You all would be more than welcome to spend the rest of Sunday there doing the historical tourism, hike up the cliff trail, stay at my place & get a fresh start Monday, if you have time.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red

Post by red » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 am

Skkot wrote:Historic Harper's Ferry is more walky than drivey. Maybe Google Earth will be more illustrative. You all would be more than welcome to spend the rest of Sunday there doing the historical tourism, hike up the cliff trail, stay at my place & get a fresh start Monday, if you have time.
We should have time to scout around for a bit but we're trying to be back home by Monday w/o taking the slab.

T-Minus 30 days 1 hr and 18 minutes until launch.

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 am

Alas I must work a Mandatory day the Saturday of DOOM.
Curse the Gods.

I will be there Friday night. Be to work by 9. Should be back to DOOM by 7pm.
thats a sweet bike.

red

Post by red » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:06 am

Aggroton wrote:Alas I must work a Mandatory day the Saturday of DOOM.
Curse the Gods.

I will be there Friday night. Be to work by 9. Should be back to DOOM by 7pm.
At least now I won't feel bad when I wake you up at 7am, stumbling around the hotel room because I'm on toddler time. Can we come test ride some American Thunder?

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:57 am

I've actually already put DOOM16 on my calendar. I'm honestly trying to distract myself from it. It's like temporal phantom limb pain. I know I should be psyched about something right now, but it's missing... :cry:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

red

Post by red » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:09 am

Rench wrote:I've actually already put DOOM16 on my calendar. I'm honestly trying to distract myself from it. It's like temporal phantom limb pain. I know I should be psyched about something right now, but it's missing... :cry:

-Rench

Next year, put down an extra day for the return trip and take the southern route home w/me. Should be plenty fun.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah, I was looking over US 50. Nice find!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

red

Post by red » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:07 am

Should be damn fun, except the last leg into Indiana, gets a bit straight and boring but it's better than the slab.

The twisty part of US50 would be a good time on the B-Last.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:04 am

I'm still pipe dreaming an XB5R by then, but we'll see. Need to stop hemmhoraging funds first. Home ownership doth sucketh.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Just found out that they have opened up October for vacations now. So definitely not this year, but hopefully in 16 provided I have a bike I want to ride halfway across the country.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:47 am

I may put in an appearance depending on stuff and things.

fake edit: Doom is Columbus day weekend still, right?
666(k) Retirement Plan of the Beast. Only offered by Dis Annuities.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.

red

Post by red » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:11 am

MoraleHazard wrote:I may put in an appearance depending on stuff and things.

fake edit: Doom is Columbus day weekend still, right?
Correct. I'll be getting in Friday and a few others should be showing up that night as well.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:54 pm

We are going Friday morning. MH, want to ride with us? We invited Pattio and MATPOC to spend Thursday night here and ride with us, they have not decided yet.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

rc26
The Devil's Banana

Post by rc26 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm heading up Friday at some point. If planned right, I hope to be checked in and waiting for the bar to open.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Stole it.

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:48 am

Friday probably around 8. Maybe a little later.
Might bring friends with...
Superfast Dave says he wont make it this year but sends his love from Alabama.
thats a sweet bike.

red

Post by red » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 am

Getting down to the wire and I'm still getting things buttoned up. Had 3 hours of garage time set aside on Sunday but a massive outage at work took that away. Got my heated grips rewired last night and the new speedo installed. Need to wire the warning lights and hook up my 12v outlet.

Tick tock tick tock.
T-Minus 8 days and 21 hours.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:06 am

I'm dying a little inside, but good luck!! Heated grips are a must, but don't forget your basics. Clutch cable, drive belt/chain, water-proofedness of your headlight setup all come to mind... :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

red

Post by red » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:05 am

These sound like they come from personal experience.

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:31 am

Anyone got an open bed? Friday & Saturday?

rolly
Tim Horton hears a Who?

Post by rolly » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:28 am

I just got a room for Saturday, may have an extra bed but I won't know until I get there. There are still a few rooms open, though.

rc26
The Devil's Banana

Post by rc26 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:37 am

Posted on the bookface, but thought I'd follow up here. Gostaz, Mook and I are going to be heading up from the DC area. Maybe take a route west from Harpers Ferry, then to the Gettysburg area from there? Not sure of a time yet, we're hoping to meet up around noon, maybe earlier depending on the route we decide on.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Stole it.