Indy Mad Max Run?

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Indy Mad Max Run?

Post by Skkot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Not sure if this is the right topic as it isn't a UTMC event, but I became aware of this from the fookbace, which I recently, reluctantly relented my opposition to existing in that medium. If I knew how to post a link I would. Indianapolis, April 29th, 2017. Anyone else from the East Coast interested in going?

2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: Indy Mad Max Run?

Post by red » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:22 am

I hope you can make it in 2017! It's a blast, rain or shine!

Rench and I approve!
FB_IMG_1462236568781.jpg
FB_IMG_1462201871890.jpg
We've ridding in the last two and it's always a good time. The people are cool and it's always fun freaking out the squares.
I'll be riding in the Ural w/Rench since I'm sans bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:34 am

What he said. :Mrgreen:

Actually, Red, since I'm at the work convention all week, you should take the bars, I'll play bagpipes in the seat!!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

red

Post by red » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 am

Rench wrote:What he said. :Mrgreen:

Actually, Red, since I'm at the work convention all week, you should take the bars, I'll play bagpipes in the seat!!

-Rench
Sounds good! As long as I can get familiar with the hack before the ride.

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 pm

What time of day does it start? 10hrs from here according to Google. I"ve got no time off, so I'd have to travel overnight after working all day.

This could possibly be a convergence for a UnDoom "Spring Thing" if others get interested...

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 am

I may actually be able to swing this, my wife has been teasing me with the prospect of letting me take a road trip since she is going to Germany this summer with our daughter. And I got PTO to burn before May 31st. What's the weather like in Indy that time of year?
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

red

Post by red » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 am

Bigshankhank wrote:I may actually be able to swing this, my wife has been teasing me with the prospect of letting me take a road trip since she is going to Germany this summer with our daughter. And I got PTO to burn before May 31st. What's the weather like in Indy that time of year?
The weather can be beautiful or wet with flurries, sometimes in the same day! Generally though, it's nice and sunny with mild temps. You should totally come!

red

Post by red » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 am

problemaddict wrote:What time of day does it start? 10hrs from here according to Google. I"ve got no time off, so I'd have to travel overnight after working all day.

This could possibly be a convergence for a UnDoom "Spring Thing" if others get interested...
Just to cross post from FB, the ride meet up starts at 9am and lasts pretty much all day. The ride ends at a local venue with music and prizes. There are multiple stops along the route that would make good intercept points for those arriving late. I will do my best to get an early route and share it with you all.

I hope all of you heathens can make it. It gets lonely being the only Ootmik here.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 am

hmm... right at 1000 miles for me, excuse for an iron butt ride?

I'll have to check my calendar.
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:51 am

red wrote:
Just to cross post from FB, the ride meet up starts at 9am and lasts pretty much all day. The ride ends at a local venue with music and prizes. There are multiple stops along the route that would make good intercept points for those arriving late. I will do my best to get an early route and share it with you all.
I'm showing a shade over 1000 miles IF I were to slab it, which I am not likely to do. So figure 1400-1500 miles on state and county roads so 3 solid days riding which means I am leaving Wednesday. Its doable.
red wrote: I hope all of you heathens can make it. It gets lonely being the only Ootmik here.
I would say I am in the same boat, but I have seen three separate Oots in the last few months (one of them twice), and another is threatening to come down here in March, I guess if you are going to be a lonely loner, it pays to live somewhere warm during the winter so people will come visit.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Skkot

Post by Skkot » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:39 pm

My plan was to leave early Friday and arrive in Indy Friday night. Slab straight out. Take scenic route back. Plans always subject to change.
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red

Post by red » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 am

Skkot wrote:My plan was to leave early Friday and arrive in Indy Friday night. Slab straight out. Take scenic route back. Plans always subject to change.
U.s. 50 East is a really awesome ride once you get into Eastern Ohio and WV.

Skkot

Post by Skkot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I was looking at that route, 50 to 35 by Dayton or 50 through Cincinatti to I-74. If I do that, I might overnight @ Parkersburg WV.

red

Post by red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Skkot wrote:I was looking at that route, 50 to 35 by Dayton or 50 through Cincinatti to I-74. If I do that, I might overnight @ Parkersburg WV.
We took 50 to Parkersburg, to I74 to 465. If you have time, check out OH555 aka the triple nickel. Rumored to be pretty cool.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:02 am

Skkot wrote:... I might overnight @ Parkersburg WV.
Eeeeew. I lived in P-burg for a year. The only really redeeming spot in the whole city was Tans Allegheny Books, the old Carnegie Library that had been converted into a used book shop. It was spectacular.

Alas, as with all good things... it closed a few years back when the owner died. :(

If nothing else, the ride between Clarksburg and Parkersburg is gorgeous. Once you're west of there it's kind've shitty, at least until you get to Athens. After that I don't really know. That's as far as I went.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am

OMG that is glorious! But closed? How awful.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 am

So who could spot me a bike if'n I were to fly up there? I may or may not be able or interested in dedicating 7/8 of my vacation days to being in the saddle. I could fly in to just about any major airport in or around Indy (Detroit, Chi, points east, etc) and make a day ride with a fellow Oot or two. Call me a soft-ass but I realy don't relish the notion of spending six days on the little Duke. I know it can be done, but as I said I would rather have a few of those days back and do Indy for a couple days followed by a road trip down to the Keys or something local.
Any takers?
-Davros

red

Post by red » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:30 am

Bigshankhank wrote:So who could spot me a bike if'n I were to fly up there? I may or may not be able or interested in dedicating 7/8 of my vacation days to being in the saddle. I could fly in to just about any major airport in or around Indy (Detroit, Chi, points east, etc) and make a day ride with a fellow Oot or two. Call me a soft-ass but I realy don't relish the notion of spending six days on the little Duke. I know it can be done, but as I said I would rather have a few of those days back and do Indy for a couple days followed by a road trip down to the Keys or something local.
Any takers?
Paging rench to the white courtesy phone.

Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.
Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!

Post by Mk3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Gotcha BSH, you're spotted. Haven't decided which I'm riding down yet, but you can take the other one.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."

red

Post by red » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Mk3 wrote:Gotcha BSH, you're spotted. Haven't decided which I'm riding down yet, but you can take the other one.
Jangleplatz! I didn't know you were coming down too! Ootmik invasion 2017

Skkot

Post by Skkot » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Back to plan A. Ride out 70 and meet up at Kuma's Corner sometime between 1 and 4 on Friday 4/28. Taking scenic route back

red

Post by red » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 am

Skkot wrote:Back to plan A. Ride out 70 and meet up at Kuma's Corner sometime between 1 and 4 on Friday 4/28. Taking scenic route back

Nice! I sent you an invite to the pre-party on 4/28. Doubt I can make it but I'll try.

problemaddict

Post by problemaddict » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

What accommodations will be available/recommended?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 am

problemaddict wrote:What accommodations will be available/recommended?
That's a really good question. I am planning on flying in to Chicago and crashing with either Rench (if he's around) or MK3 Thursday night. I assume ride in Friday and would need overnight accommodations Friday night, do the Mad Max thing Saturday and what, ride back to Chi? I need some logistical plans assembled stat. Talk to the Russians if you have to.
-Davros

red

Post by red » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 am

Total of 4 inbound? Skkot, BSH, problemaddict and Mk3, right? I know rench will be down town playing with his hose, so he has lodging. I would offer my place but I'll have to run it past the Mrs. There are a few hotels near me and since I'll have rench's Ural and my local buddies will be coming, might be best to use my place as a launch pad.

I should have my garage set up by then in case any repairs or mods are needed.

Did the IMMR just become spring DOOM?

red

Post by red » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:44 pm

My wife said it's OK if you all come over to play and spend the night. Bring a sleeping bag. We have two couches and I have a couple of spare camp mats.

But you have get your rest, we have a big day of marauding on Saturday.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:38 pm

[quote="red"]My wife said it's OK if you all come over to play and spend the night. quote]

I can vouch that BSH plays well with others. Just make sure you have a litterbox set up close by. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 am

Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:My wife said it's OK if you all come over to play and spend the night.
I can vouch that BSH plays well with others. Just make sure you have a litterbox set up close by. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
He can use the boxes but the cats might not like it. Does he walk well on a leash? I can just let him out w/the dog in the morning.

We have 2 cats and a dog, just in case anyone has allergies. We also have a toddler and a baby so things are generally crazy. If any of these conditions are not acceptable, let me know and I can point you towards some hotels.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Jaeger wrote:

--Jaeger
Thanks buddy, you'll be pleased to hear that I've even gotten my accuracy in to the double digits. Between now and Indy I hope to get some more practice..l
-Davros

problemaddict

Post by problemaddict » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:02 am

I'll just need Sat o into Sun, and I'm down with cats, dogs, and most human children.