DOOM 2018

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: DOOM 2018

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am

jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:I wish I could be there.

:-/

Next year? You can join the fly-over caravan!
Depends on what happens, medically, between now and then.

Understood. If you can make it, that would awesome. Shit, if I can make it, that would be jangleplatz!
Actually, we seem to have reached the limit
Hey, if I could make it, that would have no bearing on any of this conversation.
It is never too early to plan DOOOOOM!

You're welcome to tag along , but you're gonna have to BYOBike!
So now I wanna know if there's a limit to the quote tags terrible powers.
Oooh, exciting! Let's find out!

By the way, BSH, I may actually have a loaner. I might scoop up the CBR that is living in my garage. It may get to DooM and back in one piece.
Didn't realize you were fostering a CBR, I thought it was just the GS-from-Hell? What kind of CBR, inquiring minds want to know!

The GS is gone as of about 2 hours ago, I hauled it off to the owners garage. The CBR is owned by my cousin's boyfriend. He bought it dirt cheap, it's trashed, no plastics and the forks are in rough shape. Victim of some small town squid. However, he doesn't have the time, knowledge or money to really get it on the road and has been talking about getting a running bike. So, I told him I'd give him what he paid for it. It wouldn't be my only bike but rather something to tinker on and let other people ride when needed.

Don't laugh at my filthy garage.
199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG
I mean, if that isn't just positively SCREAMING Indy Mad Max Run bike, then I don't what else would.
Frankly the CBR600F2 is a hell of a bike, well worth sorting out. Forks should be easy to come by, looks like a stainless header, replace that shitty cannister, tune the carbs, should be a decent bike. I'd be willing to bet a set of plastics (mismatched but worthy of a coat of matching black spray paint) could be had relatively cheaply, as well.

Yeah, it's perfect for that ride! I told him that exhaust is gonna be deafening. It's a Delkevic system, which I had on my XJ and that 4 into 2 sounded great. Plastics are pretty cheap, as well as replacement forks. I need to revisit my offer and see what he says. One thing I definitely like is that it has down-draft carbs, so easy to remove! A set of bar risers and MX bars would fix half of the posture problem, can't do anything about the folded knees though.
I'd be surprised if someone hasn't come up with a set of rear-sets that bring the pegs lower and forward a bit.
Looks like they may exist! BSH, it's your turn to add to the quote rabbit hole.
From my research, people seem to be building brackets to shift the OEM rearsets around as there is very little aftermarket available except maybe Woodcraft. So break out the die grinder/Dremel and get to hacking.
Grinders and sparks? I'm not making a cafe racer! :lol:

Looks like good ol' Uly pegs will fit with a little encouragement.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-tos-81/h ... op-103329/
Its like Erik Buell is speaking to you from the grave. Except, he's not dead which makes it about a million times creepier.
I do miss my Uly but my desire to not have debt wrapped up in a motorcycle outweighs that nostalgia. Have you seen the spy shots of the KTM 390 Adventure? Looks pretty snazzy for you orange kool-aid drinkers. Wouldn't that be Tang?
Seen 'em, but TBH I am still holding my breath waiting to get my butt on a 790 Duke. Not that I am in a position to spend anything over $2k on a bike right now anyway while we are renovating our house, but still a man can dream. And that new Suzuki Kay-Tannah looks pretty sweet as well while I am dreaming.

I'm keeping my sights low. Single cylinder dual sport, 400cc to 650cc, preferably air cooled. Cheap cheap cheap. Or the rat CBR, although the thought of riding more than an hour on that bike makes my knee hurt.
I dreamt about something along these lines:
1P4120018-XL.jpg
Absolutely ridiculous and completely awesome. I know PA would agree.
That's some interesting frame bracing, but its a cool looking bike.
Getting there!
Not long now!
Does the board implode at some point?

--Jaeger
I do love a little anarchy, let’s find out together.
My scroll-wheel finger is going to get tired at some point...

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Man, we really let this quote vortex stall out. Let's get back to it.
Don't give up now!
Oh, right, I'd forgotten about this. It's the sort of thing that falls by the wayside if others don't pitch in. :P

--Jaeger
Is it too early to plan 2019?
Was it too early when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

:lol:

If we finally hit the quote threshold, I'm gonna have stickers or patches made for us. Like a military medal for some special mission, whatever those are called.
Challenge coins! We need challenge coins! :D

--Jaeger
I say we need some kind of forearm chevron patch to go on our jackets.
The names don't fit right no more! I've been waiting for this, we're almost there!
2019-02-08 13_57_42-UTMC • View topic - DOOM 2018.png
Almost where? Are we going somewhere? Spiraling into a digital quote vortex?

--Jaeger
Hooray! Let's all hold hands and as we jump into the Void™!

weeeeeee

:lol: come on! into oblivion!

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg
It's like some sort of weird psychedelic pyramid of moto-gearheads, misfit riders, and rat bike enthusiasts. :P
This endeavor will almost certainly end in tears. :shock:

--Jaeger
I'm just glad the board and DB aren't my problem. We're probably coming up on some sort of code limit.
Actually, we seem to have reached that limit a few quotes ago.
The initial quote in the vortex was
This is no longer even displayed as a column of single letters.

Justin's handle disappeared in Jaeger's first debauchery on page four of this thread, and the content of that quote was gone in brother red's post immediately after that.
We've done it! We've outquoted the board! :mrgreen:
Nope, I can still see it!

Onward and downward! Into the abyss!

--Jaeger
Confound it, you're right! When I zoom out, it all reappears!
Regardless when I scroll down the page its makes for a trippy visual experience. I say keep going!

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!
I can still see GG's initial post in the middle if I stretch the window across two screens. :D

--Jaeger
Ha, that hadn't even occurred to me. And it does work without zooming out, how about that!

I'm getting the uncomfortable feeling that this here board may be unoutquoteable.
But we must not be disheartened! We must carry on! WE SHALL OVERCOME!

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

:shock:

--Jaeger

I don't think this ends. The quotes go on for eternity.
I have to extend the window across two monitors to get this so it'll render and scroll around -- otherwise it just pukes on your last post. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

My poor shitty machine here is still unhappy. It sure as hell isn't a bandwidth issue (I have >100MBPS).

--Jaeger
All that bandwidth and you still can't keep your battery charged? Sad.
No, my machine is apparently a piece of shit with Windows 10. Goddamn thing has been twitchy ever since I was forced to upgrade. (This thread can't be helping.)

--Jaeger

This is the quote thread that never ends!!!
I quote your quote for other quotes!
I'm wondering whether it'll break or we'll get bored first.

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.
with the amount of scrolling I'm having to do just to quote the last post, me too
I'm just hanging on till we hit a new page.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 pm

jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

Understood. If you can make it, that would awesome. Shit, if I can make it, that would be jangleplatz!
Hey, if I could make it, that would have no bearing on any of this conversation.

By the way, BSH, I may actually have a loaner. I might scoop up the CBR that is living in my garage. It may get to DooM and back in one piece.
Didn't realize you were fostering a CBR, I thought it was just the GS-from-Hell? What kind of CBR, inquiring minds want to know!

The GS is gone as of about 2 hours ago, I hauled it off to the owners garage. The CBR is owned by my cousin's boyfriend. He bought it dirt cheap, it's trashed, no plastics and the forks are in rough shape. Victim of some small town squid. However, he doesn't have the time, knowledge or money to really get it on the road and has been talking about getting a running bike. So, I told him I'd give him what he paid for it. It wouldn't be my only bike but rather something to tinker on and let other people ride when needed.

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG
I mean, if that isn't just positively SCREAMING Indy Mad Max Run bike, then I don't what else would.
Frankly the CBR600F2 is a hell of a bike, well worth sorting out. Forks should be easy to come by, looks like a stainless header, replace that shitty cannister, tune the carbs, should be a decent bike. I'd be willing to bet a set of plastics (mismatched but worthy of a coat of matching black spray paint) could be had relatively cheaply, as well.

Yeah, it's perfect for that ride! I told him that exhaust is gonna be deafening. It's a Delkevic system, which I had on my XJ and that 4 into 2 sounded great. Plastics are pretty cheap, as well as replacement forks. I need to revisit my offer and see what he says. One thing I definitely like is that it has down-draft carbs, so easy to remove! A set of bar risers and MX bars would fix half of the posture problem, can't do anything about the folded knees though.
I'd be surprised if someone hasn't come up with a set of rear-sets that bring the pegs lower and forward a bit.
From my research, people seem to be building brackets to shift the OEM rearsets around as there is very little aftermarket available except maybe Woodcraft. So break out the die grinder/Dremel and get to hacking.

Its like Erik Buell is speaking to you from the grave. Except, he's not dead which makes it about a million times creepier.
I do miss my Uly but my desire to not have debt wrapped up in a motorcycle outweighs that nostalgia. Have you seen the spy shots of the KTM 390 Adventure? Looks pretty snazzy for you orange kool-aid drinkers. Wouldn't that be Tang?
Seen 'em, but TBH I am still holding my breath waiting to get my butt on a 790 Duke. Not that I am in a position to spend anything over $2k on a bike right now anyway while we are renovating our house, but still a man can dream. And that new Suzuki Kay-Tannah looks pretty sweet as well while I am dreaming.

I'm keeping my sights low. Single cylinder dual sport, 400cc to 650cc, preferably air cooled. Cheap cheap cheap. Or the rat CBR, although the thought of riding more than an hour on that bike makes my knee hurt.
1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!
Oh, right, I'd forgotten about this. It's the sort of thing that falls by the wayside if others don't pitch in. :P

--Jaeger

If we finally hit the quote threshold, I'm gonna have stickers or patches made for us. Like a military medal for some special mission, whatever those are called.

--Jaeger
The names don't fit right no more! I've been waiting for this, we're almost there!

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg
It's like some sort of weird psychedelic pyramid of moto-gearheads, misfit riders, and rat bike enthusiasts. :P

--Jaeger
I'm just glad the board and DB aren't my problem. We're probably coming up on some sort of code limit.

Justin's handle disappeared in Jaeger's first debauchery on page four of this thread, and the content of that quote was gone in brother red's post immediately after that.

--Jaeger
Regardless when I scroll down the page its makes for a trippy visual experience. I say keep going!

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!
I can still see GG's initial post in the middle if I stretch the window across two screens. :D

--Jaeger
Ha, that hadn't even occurred to me. And it does work without zooming out, how about that!

I'm getting the uncomfortable feeling that this here board may be unoutquoteable.

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

I have to extend the window across two monitors to get this so it'll render and scroll around -- otherwise it just pukes on your last post. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

My poor shitty machine here is still unhappy. It sure as hell isn't a bandwidth issue (I have >100MBPS).

--Jaeger
No, my machine is apparently a piece of shit with Windows 10. Goddamn thing has been twitchy ever since I was forced to upgrade. (This thread can't be helping.)

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.
with the amount of scrolling I'm having to do just to quote the last post, me too
Now it's just like picking at a scab.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 am

Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG

1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!

--Jaeger

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.

--Jaeger
Ah, but gentlemen! This is the 21st century - there's an app for that!

Or, rather, an addon. For Firefox and Waterfox, there is "Top and Bottom scroll button" (clicky).
2019-03-16 17_19_56-UTMC • View topic - DOOM 2018.png
It does what it says. Just one click, and I'm at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can just "grab" (click and hold down) the slider of the old scroll bar and pull it to the bottom.

The tedious scrolling for me comes when I want to hit "Quote", since I must find the top of the previous post (no, I'm not gonna move that button to the bottom, that would be cheating).
However, this can be overcome by just scrolling out. Presently, when I zoom out to 50%, I can still make out the button to click on it, but the rest of the post gets small enough to avoid excessive scrolling.

We can do this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG

1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!

--Jaeger

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.

--Jaeger

Or, rather, an addon. For Firefox and Waterfox, there is "Top and Bottom scroll button" (clicky).
Alternatively, you can just "grab" (click and hold down) the slider of the old scroll bar and pull it to the bottom.

The tedious scrolling for me comes when I want to hit "Quote", since I must find the top of the previous post (no, I'm not gonna move that button to the bottom, that would be cheating).
However, this can be overcome by just scrolling out. Presently, when I zoom out to 50%, I can still make out the button to click on it, but the rest of the post gets small enough to avoid excessive scrolling.

We can do this!

Quotes on quotes on quotes!
quotes.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm

red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG

1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!

--Jaeger

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.

--Jaeger

We can do this!

quotes.PNG
By golly, I think we might have done it. Or am I to be proven wrong again?
I zoom out as far as the browser lets me, to 33%.
And I spread the browser-window over the entire height and width of my two screens.

While the level of unzoom makes it damn near impossible to read anything there, it's obvious that the quote-box at the center is quoting red.
This Quotapalooza had started with red quoting guitargeek. That central box should be captioned with "guitargeek wrote". Yet it isn't, is it.
2019-03-18 21_30_13-UTMC • View topic - DOOM 2018.png
Can anyone confirm/unfirm?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:46 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG

1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!

--Jaeger

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.

--Jaeger

We can do this!

quotes.PNG
And I spread the browser-window over the entire height and width of my two screens.

While the level of unzoom makes it damn near impossible to read anything there, it's obvious that the quote-box at the center is quoting red.
This Quotapalooza had started with red quoting guitargeek. That central box should be captioned with "guitargeek wrote". Yet it isn't, is it.

Confirmed, I think, though I think we might need to move this conversation elsewhere lest we further break our experiment.

So The last quote I can see right now -- with the window dragged across two large screens -- is DG's

"So now I wanna know if there's a limit to the quote tags terrible powers."

... to which Red responded:

"Oooh, exciting! Let's find out!

By the way, BSH, I may actually have a loaner. I might scoop up the CBR that is living in my garage. It may get to DooM and back in one piece."

In the very middle there appears[/] to be nothing. I was going to copy/paste those two quotes to relay what I could see, so I clicked the bottom of Red's "Ooh, exciting" post and dragged up to where it (currently) says "DerGolgo."

Instead, I discovered all the missing stuff all the way down to:

"

guitargeek wrote:
I wish I could be there.

"

...and all the stuff in between.

I suspect when I make this post, DG's "So now I wanna know" post will become permanently hidden. If so we have discovered the limit of what it'll render.

I think this post will be #71 based on the following list:

1. red wrote:
2. DerGolgo wrote:
3. Jaeger wrote:
4. jae wrote:
5. red wrote:
6. Jaeger wrote:
7. red wrote:
8. DerGolgo wrote:
9. red wrote:
10. Jaeger wrote:
11. Bigshankhank wrote:
12. Jaeger wrote:
13. red wrote:
14. Jaeger wrote:
15. red wrote:
16. DerGolgo wrote:
17. Jaeger wrote:
18. red wrote:
19. Bigshankhank wrote:
20. DerGolgo wrote:
21. Jaeger wrote:
22. DerGolgo wrote:
23. 0l4fderstout wrote:
24. Jaeger wrote:
25. 0l4fderstout wrote:
26. red wrote:
27. Bigshankhank wrote:
28. red wrote:
29. jae wrote:
30. red wrote:
31. Jaeger wrote:
32. DerGolgo wrote:
33. Bigshankhank wrote:
34. Jaeger wrote:
35. red wrote:
36. DerGolgo wrote:
37. Bigshankhank wrote:
38. 0l4fderstout wrote:
39. Jaeger wrote:
40. DerGolgo wrote:
41. red wrote:
42. Jaeger wrote:
43. Jaeger wrote:
44. Bigshankhank wrote:
45. Jaeger wrote:
46. DerGolgo wrote:
47. DerGolgo wrote:
48. Bigshankhank wrote:
49. red wrote:
50. red wrote:
51. Bigshankhank wrote:
52. red wrote:
53. Bigshankhank wrote:
54. red wrote:
55. red wrote:
56. Bigshankhank wrote:
57. red wrote:
58. Bigshankhank wrote:
59. red wrote:
60. Bigshankhank wrote:
61. red wrote:
62. Bigshankhank wrote:
63. red wrote:
64. DerGolgo wrote:
65. red wrote:
66. Bigshankhank wrote:
67. red wrote:
68. guitargeek wrote:
69. red wrote:
70. guitargeek

What I can't do right now is count up from GG to the break point. Thus, I'm passing the above data to y'all. (And my name should now appear at the top of the previous list as #1)

--Jaeger

P.S. -- I just previewed my post and I'm right! :D

(we can stop this now!)
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
jae wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
0l4fderstout wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:

199(2?) CBR600 F2
KIMG2435.JPG

1P4120018-XL.jpg
Getting there!
Not long now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
...but fuggit.

--Jaeger

Don't give up now!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

weeeeeee

51V7NS3ZBHL._SY355_.jpg

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

Weeeeeheeeeeee!!!!!!!

--Jaeger

evil_dead_03.0.jpg
SALLY FORTH!

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger

--Jaeger
My money is on boredom.

--Jaeger

We can do this!

quotes.PNG

Confirmed, I think, though I think we might need to move this conversation elsewhere lest we further break our experiment.

So The last quote I can see right now -- with the window dragged across two large screens -- is DG's

"So now I wanna know if there's a limit to the quote tags terrible powers."

... to which Red responded:

"Oooh, exciting! Let's find out!

By the way, BSH, I may actually have a loaner. I might scoop up the CBR that is living in my garage. It may get to DooM and back in one piece."

In the very middle there appears[/] to be nothing. I was going to copy/paste those two quotes to relay what I could see, so I clicked the bottom of Red's "Ooh, exciting" post and dragged up to where it (currently) says "DerGolgo."

Instead, I discovered all the missing stuff all the way down to:

"

guitargeek wrote:
I wish I could be there.

"

...and all the stuff in between.

I suspect when I make this post, DG's "So now I wanna know" post will become permanently hidden. If so we have discovered the limit of what it'll render.

I think this post will be #71 based on the following list:

1. red wrote:
2. DerGolgo wrote:
3. Jaeger wrote:
4. jae wrote:
5. red wrote:
6. Jaeger wrote:
7. red wrote:
8. DerGolgo wrote:
9. red wrote:
10. Jaeger wrote:
11. Bigshankhank wrote:
12. Jaeger wrote:
13. red wrote:
14. Jaeger wrote:
15. red wrote:
16. DerGolgo wrote:
17. Jaeger wrote:
18. red wrote:
19. Bigshankhank wrote:
20. DerGolgo wrote:
21. Jaeger wrote:
22. DerGolgo wrote:
23. 0l4fderstout wrote:
24. Jaeger wrote:
25. 0l4fderstout wrote:
26. red wrote:
27. Bigshankhank wrote:
28. red wrote:
29. jae wrote:
30. red wrote:
31. Jaeger wrote:
32. DerGolgo wrote:
33. Bigshankhank wrote:
34. Jaeger wrote:
35. red wrote:
36. DerGolgo wrote:
37. Bigshankhank wrote:
38. 0l4fderstout wrote:
39. Jaeger wrote:
40. DerGolgo wrote:
41. red wrote:
42. Jaeger wrote:
43. Jaeger wrote:
44. Bigshankhank wrote:
45. Jaeger wrote:
46. DerGolgo wrote:
47. DerGolgo wrote:
48. Bigshankhank wrote:
49. red wrote:
50. red wrote:
51. Bigshankhank wrote:
52. red wrote:
53. Bigshankhank wrote:
54. red wrote:
55. red wrote:
56. Bigshankhank wrote:
57. red wrote:
58. Bigshankhank wrote:
59. red wrote:
60. Bigshankhank wrote:
61. red wrote:
62. Bigshankhank wrote:
63. red wrote:
64. DerGolgo wrote:
65. red wrote:
66. Bigshankhank wrote:
67. red wrote:
68. guitargeek wrote:
69. red wrote:
70. guitargeek

What I can't do right now is count up from GG to the break point. Thus, I'm passing the above data to y'all. (And my name should now appear at the top of the previous list as #1)

--Jaeger

P.S. -- I just previewed my post and I'm right! :D

(we can stop this now!)

Indeed, we can.
But do we wanna? :mrgreen:

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

DerGolgo wrote:Indeed, we can.
FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER IS HOLY, YES.

Yes, because my poor little hunk-of-shit machine sounds like it's going to take off every time I open this goddamn thread.

Besides, I think we've learned all we can learn from this exercise, other than calculating where precisely the breaking point is. I think it's somewhere around 65, though you'd think it'd be 56, right?

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:55 am

Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:Indeed, we can.
FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER IS HOLY, YES.

Yes, because my poor little hunk-of-shit machine sounds like it's going to take off every time I open this goddamn thread.

Besides, I think we've learned all we can learn from this exercise, other than calculating where precisely the breaking point is. I think it's somewhere around 65, though you'd think it'd be 56, right?

--Jaeger
What good is an experiment without validation? Should we do it again to be sure?

No, I have actually come to dread this thread.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:52 am

Bigshankhank wrote: No, I have actually come to dread this thread.
Well, yeah, me too since every time I open it my machine grinds to a halt trying to render the vortex of quotes. :mrgreen:

My only wonder at this point is figuring out precisely where the breaking point is, but I haven't the time or patience right now. Still, it's going to be somewhere in the 60-ish range, I think. (I'm guessing 56.)

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red

Post by red » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 am

Holy shit! We did it! Now, let's brainstorm a patch idea so I can get them spun up! Elite Thread Killer Squadron !

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 am

Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote: No, I have actually come to dread this thread.
Well, yeah, me too since every time I open it my machine grinds to a halt trying to render the vortex of quotes. :mrgreen:

My only wonder at this point is figuring out precisely where the breaking point is, but I haven't the time or patience right now. Still, it's going to be somewhere in the 60-ish range, I think. (I'm guessing 56.)

--Jaeger
Near as I can tell, everything worked fine up to and including 69 nested quotes.
Kinda obvious spot for the breaking down, but there it is.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:48 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Near as I can tell, everything worked fine up to and including 69 nested quotes.
Nice.
-Davros

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Hang on there, Herr Golgo. It's a question of what's showing vs. what's actually there. Thus (and I'm amusing the shit out of myself by figuring out how to do this without it taking hours)

WHAT I CAN SEE

Bigshankhank wrote:
*******************************<VORTEX> *******************************

WHAT’S HIDDEN IN VORTEX:

Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
red wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
red wrote:
guitargeek wrote:
red wrote:
”guitargeek” wrote: I wish I could be there.
HOW MANY FROM TOP:

1. Jaeger wrote:
2. DerGolgo wrote:
3. red wrote:
4. DerGolgo wrote:
5. Jaeger wrote:
6. jae wrote:
7. red wrote:
8. Jaeger wrote:
9. red wrote:
10. DerGolgo wrote:
11. red wrote:
12. Jaeger wrote:
13. Bigshankhank wrote:
14. Jaeger wrote:
15. red wrote:
16. Jaeger wrote:
17. red wrote:
18. DerGolgo wrote:
19. Jaeger wrote:
20. red wrote:
21. Bigshankhank wrote:
22. DerGolgo wrote:
23. Jaeger wrote:
24. DerGolgo wrote:
25. 0l4fderstout wrote:
26. Jaeger wrote:
27. 0l4fderstout wrote:
28. red wrote:
29. Bigshankhank wrote:
30. red wrote:
31. jae wrote:
32. red wrote:
33. Jaeger wrote:
34. DerGolgo wrote:
35. Bigshankhank wrote:
36. Jaeger wrote:
37. red wrote:
38. DerGolgo wrote:
39. Bigshankhank wrote:
40. 0l4fderstout wrote:
41. Jaeger wrote:
42. DerGolgo wrote:
43. red wrote:
44. Jaeger wrote:
45. Jaeger wrote:
46. Bigshankhank wrote:
47. Jaeger wrote:
48. DerGolgo wrote:
49. DerGolgo wrote:
50. Bigshankhank wrote:
51. red wrote:
52. red wrote:
53. Bigshankhank wrote:
54. red wrote:
55. Bigshankhank wrote:
56. red wrote:
57. red wrote:
58. Bigshankhank wrote:
59. red wrote:
60. Bigshankhank wrote:
61. red wrote:
62. Bigshankhank wrote:
63. red wrote:
64. Bigshankhank wrote
*******************************<VORTEX> *******************************
65. red wrote:
66. DerGolgo wrote:
67. red wrote:
68. Bigshankhank wrote:
69. red wrote:
70. guitargeek wrote:
71. red wrote:
72. guitargeek wrote:

I wish I could be there.

----------

… so if I did all this right, it’ll only show 64 comments.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 am

Jaeger wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Hang on there, Herr Golgo. It's a question of what's showing vs. what's actually there. Thus (and I'm amusing the shit out of myself by figuring out how to do this without it taking hours)
… so if I did all this right, it’ll only show 64 comments.

--Jaeger
And hang on to you, too, Mister Jäger.

Let's peer review that.

Further studying that screenshot that I took there, at that time, the final order was (from the inside):

red
DerGolgo
red
Bigshankhank
red
Bigshankhank
red
Bigshankhank
red
Bigshankhank
red
red
Bigshankhank
red

So when I took that screenshot, red's comment that's at the top of my list here was shown.
This is a bit like dendro-chronology, comparing tree-rings to identify a specific year.
Comparing what I see in that screenshot I had taken to the first list that you provided, the last comment displayed is number 65. So indeed, 64 nested quotes can be displayed, with #65 being indicated as the quotation-frame, but not shown.

Peer review, results duplicated, hypothesis confirmed.

I'm slightly bummed, though. I had hoped the board would go all the way to 69. :cry: :mrgreen:

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 am

DerGolgo wrote: I had hoped the board would go all the way to 69. :cry: :mrgreen:
Nice.
-Davros

red

Post by red » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 am

DerGolgo wrote: I'm slightly bummed, though. I had hoped the board would go all the way to 69. :cry: :mrgreen:
Did you try asking nicely? It really is a fair deal, everyone gets something out of it. :wink:

I'm serious about the patches though. If you guys help me come up with a design, I'll get a small run made for us.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 am

red wrote:
DerGolgo wrote: I'm slightly bummed, though. I had hoped the board would go all the way to 69. :cry: :mrgreen:
Did you try asking nicely? It really is a fair deal, everyone gets something out of it. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
red wrote:I'm serious about the patches though. If you guys help me come up with a design, I'll get a small run made for us.
Something about a hole in the universe?

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 am

I dig the artwork.

Can we call it Thread Hole 69?
-Davros

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 am

Bigshankhank wrote:I dig the artwork.

So the patch is more about aspiration than the reality of Thread Hole 64?

red

Post by red » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:01 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:I dig the artwork.

So the patch is more about aspiration than the reality of Thread Hole 64?
It really should be whatever quote number broke the thread. BSH just has 69 on the brain. Not that I blame him.

Think of it as a merit badge for those of us that pushed the threshold until we fell over the edge into the void.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am

red wrote:...Think of it as a merit badge for those of us that pushed the threshold until we fell over the edge into the void.
Alternatively, it could be read as "Y'all got too much free time." ;)

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 am

Jaeger wrote:
red wrote:...Think of it as a merit badge for those of us that pushed the threshold until we fell over the edge into the void.

--Jaeger
Hey, I work hard every day to make sure I waste lots of time at work.
-Davros

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:

--Jaeger
Hey, I work hard every day to make sure I waste lots of time at work.
A very wise man once said to me: "There's nothing better than taking a shit on company time."

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 pm

So, if I may suggest this thread design:
2019-03-24 21_41_55-UTMC • Post a reply.png

red

Post by red » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:24 am

I was thinking something along these lines but it seems a bit boring, much like our endeavor to kill the quote feature.

threadkillerpatch.PNG

*DISCLAIMER* My design skills are terrible.