COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Motorcycle news mah Brothahs and Sistahs! Read on or post your own.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:00 am

I'm reaching the same breaking point Bo. Currently in a job hunt and wondering if I should just hold off until I know if November will reflect a potential turn toward the good side of this nation's history or if its well and truly fucked and time to jump across the sea. I was discussing this with a friend the other day who was talking about how he hopes that after the election if the country can get back on the correct path that we can put all of this awfulness behind us and my only reply was to get that notion out of his head. November is just one election, the people who are the footsoldiers in this hateful social war are still young, and we won't be rid of them in our lifetime. The "old white men" in charge can be voted out and 465 AOC's can be voted in but the hate is so deeply infused that we should be prepared to write off an entire generation and maybe two until this can be bred out. Even then, it won't go away entirely.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:12 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:00 am
The "old white men" in charge can be voted out and 465 AOC's can be voted in but the hate is so deeply infused that we should be prepared to write off an entire generation and maybe two until this can be bred out. Even then, it won't go away entirely.
That's my fear. My kids will have to grow up with this next wave of edgelords and religious hyper patriots. Some days, I get stuck in the dread and think the whole world is like this but then I see a post or comment from someone outside the States and remember it's our 50 states that are going mad, not the planet.

I've accepted the fact that my family may need to be come illegal immigrants or asylum seekers in the American Migrant Caravan if this place finally shits the bed. I'm not gonna die for this fucking soil.

It's bullshit like this that's kept us from being able to spread out into the cosmos.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:04 am

Bo_9 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:31 pm
I think what you all are saying is that the US is tipping over a pivot that once past level may be impossible to push back over.
That is what I see from here in middle 'mericuh. ...
I'm really about to give up and bail if possible.
Pretty much, yeah. If Jackass stays in power -- either legitimately or illegitimately -- it's time to go. That'll be an indication that 'Murka is terminally fucked and we're heading down some dystopian future where things are going to get a lot uglier before they get better.

I haven't figured out where's better -- that'll take us -- but It'll be time to figure it out.

I'm distressed to hear you need to "fake it" to survive out west, but I'm not tremendously surprised. To me, that's another indication that it's time to GTFO. The very fact that you're gritting your teeth quietly so you can keep healthcare pretty clearly demonstrates how fucked up our system is.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Yep, definitely time to go.

Just not sure about the job market where my sites are aimed.

America has been given permission to be the shithole it always wanted to be...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Yeah here in Kansas it's like it is a race to prove who is stupider, and we are winning.
I literally have to keep it together about political shit at work or they will likely "find a reason" to let me go. I'm trapped like so many American's, enslaved to my employer for the precious insurance they provide.My employer is actually kind of fantastic, the owners do actually care about providing jobs and that precious insurance for the people they hire. but the internal culture is so fucking toxic it just smells.
We are currently vying for getting EU citizenship by blood from a couple angles. if that works out at least my kids will have some options rather than fall into the "get a good job with insurance" trap my parents sold me out to. It was a sad lie then and it is a more evil lie now.
But they didn't know any better, I do.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 am

So Corona protests are ongoing here.
Dominated, of course, by extreme-right conspiratards and actual neo-nazis, waving the imperial war flag (WW1) because the one they want to wave is illegal, but that one is close second and the right colors.
Marching right along them, or in the same march anyways, are the fucking Krishnas. No, not kidding.
Neo-nazis and Krishnas. United by stupid.

A lot of people are also waving around flags and signs with a big Q, wear Q t-shirts, etc., etc.
And when journalists ask them "What's that mean then, Q?" the common response is "Ehm, dunno... Querdenker!"
Quer being askew/sideways, -denker being -thinker, the compound word indicating somebody not following the majority opinion(s) and/or the mainstream. Based on what I've seen and read, that seems to be a common theme.

No, not kidding. Either someone spread the idea that the Q is for Querdenker, and a symbol of being a skeptical insurgent against the horrible mainstream fake news narrative, or a whole bunch of idiots just saw someone running around with it and, rather than spending five seconds googling it, start waving it/wearing it themselves, making up whatever their stunted intellect can conjure, and all arriving at Querdenker, somehow.
And the Q morons get the jolly nice gift of very visible, very public presentation of their symbol. See?! We're international - that proves the whole conspiracy!!

Because being a dumbass is regardless of one's sexual orientation and/or gender identity, there are also photos of people waving rainbow flags, some holding up giant pictures of Gandhi for some reason.
I have the impression that, besides the neo nazis and other far-right extremists, a lot of people just want to protest against the horrible oppression that is laws requiring they wear a fucking mask when they ride the subway or go into a store. And because they are already fucking morons, they pick any symbol they figure makes them look intellectual/principled/skeptical etc., etc., whatever floats their boat when they know they can't actually defend their position of But mummy the mask is uncomfortable...

Let me know if the images in this post (there should be three) aren't working for you, I shall find substitutes.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:45 pm

I won't even touch the Nazis + Krishnas. That's more proof that truth is stranger than fiction.
DerGolgo wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 am
A lot of people are also waving around flags and signs with a big Q, wear Q t-shirts, etc., etc.
And when journalists ask them "What's that mean then, Q?" the common response is "Ehm, dunno... Querdenker!"
Quer being askew/sideways, -denker being -thinker, the compound word indicating somebody not following the majority opinion(s) and/or the mainstream. Based on what I've seen and read, that seems to be a common theme.

No, not kidding. Either someone spread the idea that the Q is for Querdenker ...
What the white-hot holy fuck? This QAnon nonsense is showing up in Europe now? I thought it was just 'Murka?

Fuuuuck. :shock: :cry:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red

Post by red » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Jaeger wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:45 pm
I won't even touch the Nazis + Krishnas. That's more proof that truth is stranger than fiction.
DerGolgo wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 am

No, not kidding. Either someone spread the idea that the Q is for Querdenker ...
What the white-hot holy fuck? This QAnon nonsense is showing up in Europe now? I thought it was just 'Murka?

Fuuuuck. :shock: :cry:

--Jaeger

FUCK! I figured it out. American stupidity is the true virus. FFS I feel even worse now. I had previously thought this level of stupidity was contained to the 50 Stertz of Uhmerikka. Sorry we fucked up our own place, now we're coming to fuck up yours.

If I didn't have kids I'd be praying for that giant meteor but dammit, they need a viable future. Not this Q-fuckery and weird Nazi Krishna bullshit we live in now. FUCK. FUCK. FUCKITY FUCK.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

red wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm
...Not this Q-fuckery and weird Nazi Krishna bullshit we live in now. FUCK. FUCK. FUCKITY FUCK.
Oh, wait, it gets better!

From the fucking AP:
The A(F)P wrote:WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence and top officials from President Donald Trump’s campaign are slated to attend a Montana fundraiser next week hosted by a couple who have expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, according to an event invitation obtained by The Associated Press and a review of social media postings.

The hosts of the fundraiser, Caryn and Michael Borland, have shared QAnon memes and retweeted posts from QAnon accounts, their social media activity shows. The baseless conspiracy theory posits that Trump is fighting entrenched enemies in the government and also involves satanism and child sex trafficking...
There is some mad ratfuckery going on.

Let's see if they use this as some smokescreen to discredit the reports about Woodward's new book. That's breaking right now. WaPo already released some of the recordings (behind paywall or I'd link) but...

Should be an interesting week. :P

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red

Post by red » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:53 am

Jaeger wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Should be an interesting week. :P

--Jaeger
I'm tired of interesting....
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:34 pm

red wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:53 am
I'm tired of interesting....
Since I've taken to shaving, I'm waiting for masking to become unnecessary, so I can turn my fu-manchu into a proper goatee. Which is kinda regulation.

Yes, I am sure now.
THIS, right here, this is the mirror-universe. We are in the goatee-reality. The bad timeline.

How fitting that China is becoming the dominant world-power. I'm not blaming China for the Covid. Never attribute to malice what can be satisfactorily explained with shit just happens. Even if they wanted to exploit such a situation, there is no need to fabricate it.

But it is their proverb. Or idiomatic saying, or whatever.
We fucking do live in interesting times.
Fuck.
red wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm
If I didn't have kids I'd be praying for that giant meteor but dammit, they need a viable future. Not this Q-fuckery and weird Nazi Krishna bullshit we live in now. FUCK. FUCK. FUCKITY FUCK.
You know that the My Little Pony fandom has become a hive of fucking neo-nazis.
Your kids don't just need a viable future. They need a fash-free present. I do not envy you right now.

Those Krishnas were at best oblivious to the neo-nazis that organized the march, which I might almost believe if they did live in a monastery without an internet, any radio or TV, and no newspapers, either. Nor any outsiders passing by and just chatting.
But I doubt they live in such isolation. For one, it would make the panhandling difficult.
So they at the very least are willing to overlooks the fucking neo-nazis, for the opportunity of being part of a very visible event.
The Krishnas are tolerant of nazis.

It's nice to know this place won't be undermined/infiltrated/subverted/taken over by the nazi filth.
No, it's not nice. It's beautiful, and it's essential. That there is one place where this shit won't start to fester.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

red

Post by red » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:49 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:34 pm

You know that the My Little Pony fandom has become a hive of fucking neo-nazis.
Your kids don't just need a viable future. They need a fash-free present. I do not envy you right now.
Having kids in this span of time is at times, borderline unbearably stressful. However, we're fucking resilient and as are kiddos, so we'll get through this but where we land is what is really worrying me.

At least I get to have a mohawk since i'm WFH 100%.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:57 am

red wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:49 am

Having kids in this span of time is at times, borderline unbearably stressful. However, we're fucking resilient and as are kiddos, so we'll get through this but where we land is what is really worrying me.
The fact that you are concerned, while also being of a big brain, tells me you're probably doing as much as is humanly possible.

And if you can't give them a soft landing, give them the horns to impale and smash whoever is fucking it up for the rest.
red wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:49 am
At least I get to have a mohawk since i'm WFH 100%.
Yes, you can have a mohawk if you work from home.
Or if you work from NASA mission control while landing a nuclear-powered robot-car that is flying, suspended from a flying rocket-crane, over the surface of a distant planet.

From home, or from NASA mission control while landing a nuclear-powered robot-car that is flying, suspended from a flying rocket-crane, over the surface of a distant planet. Either is cool for the mohawk.