Update, 2020/12/01
Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details.

SECURITY ADVISORY!
Today, 2020/11/18, suspicions have been expressed that there has been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.
While the facts behind those suspicions have not yet been established, your Administerrerr is treating them as credible. He is looking into this. He will try and beef up security.
Even if you did so only recently:
Please change your password!
Please click here, or use the menu ( button) to navigate to the the User Control Panel, therein to the Profile Tab, and there click Edit Account Settings. You should get it from there on.
For a safe password that will resist brute-force attempts (which we have been subject to in the past), please use upper and lower case letters, AND numerals, AND symbols, and make it as long as you feel feasible. 16 characters seems to be recommended these days.
DO NOT use a password you also use elsewhere.
While your Administerrerr tries to keep this place safe. Get real. Security here is mostly by obscurity, that is, no one serious enough to crack us like a rotten egg is likely to even bother. But if one does, you don't want the safety of your email of facebook or whatever to depend on one mostly blind, mostly clueless autodidact who can't work at this more than a few hours at a time, if that much.

If you used a password here that you also used elsewhere, you must set a new password there, also!
A different password, this time. If someone did breach us, the first thing they are likely to do with your login credentials is to try them out elsewhere. Login credentials compromised here are compromised everywhere else, also. If you did reuse a password, but with a different email, your administerrerrerr strongly urges you NOT rely on that different email keeping you safe. This whole thing runs on a database. That means your half-blind administerrerrerr can operate a database. Do you honestly think identity thieves, and those who sell them passwords by the ten-thousands, won't?
If you get an error message about an invalid form, click here.
Show
Every form you can debauch is on a time limit. Even if you feel you've been reasonably quick, some browsers seem to think otherwise.
Recommendation: type your password in something like a text editor or word processor, highlight (making sure not to highlight any leading or trailing spaces), copy, then reload the account settings page, paste, paste, debauch, and be all quick about it. Like Dan said, back in the when. Be like the housefly, and see the events of the world unfold in liquid slowness, or something to that effect.
If you cannot reset a forgotten password, click here.
Show
The "I forgot my password" function has been buggy for a while, I apologize. I will look into that, also, over the next few days.
UPDATE: I have looked into this. I think it should work now, but I can't test it all with my admin accounts. Anyone who tries it, please do let me know whether it works or not.
You yourself, meanwhile, might look into your SPAM folder. I know, I know, but humor me, please.
Also, if you have been around for a bit, try and remember whether the email you entered there was also the email you registered with back in the when. I'm sure the email addresses associated to some user-accounts are still hotmail.
If none of that solves your confound, hit me through the contact form, or grab me via dm on the Facebooks, or if none of that works, speak up in the Midget Circus. I will look out for you there, but I can't guarantee nothing.

COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Motorcycle news mah Brothahs and Sistahs! Read on or post your own.
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Post by red » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 am

So.... 500,000 people in the USA alone. Fuckin hell. And now we are seeing numbers drop ( my guess is due to delayed testing and reporting from inclement weather), but we'll probably see them start ticking back up.

How are all of you fairing?

Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 pm

red wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 am
...How are all of you fairing?
The weather's been shit here in VA for the past few weeks, though it seems it's finally broken. Forecast shows at least some sun every day and highs above freezing. Yay. Considering the sleet & ice storms of the past few weeks it's a welcome fuckin' respite. I've literally barely left the house.

Other than that I'm still a lucky motherfucker. Fed, sheltered, and something like employed. I can finally let the kids out of the house again.

I registered with the state to get my shot, but as I don't qualify for any of the exceptions (I even lost too much weight!) I'm in the long line. I suppose that's fine if it means the folks that need the shot more get it sooner. The Gov says they're shooting to have everyone done by the end of summer, which is good as we gotta get these kids back in real fuckin' school.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Good to hear you and your family are surviving. We're hoping the same regarding getting kids back in school. My poor wife.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 am

No kids to worry about here, and sitting at home, staring at my computer, not going anywhere... that's kinda my normal in recent years.

My mother got her first shot the other week, which involved her finding a neighbor who'd drive her to the vaccination center. Which, in a grand display of bureaucratic nincompoopery, is not even near the county's largest city, where she lives, but way out in the sticks, near to where the county seat is located. Using "county" as an approximation, re administrative districting.

Haven't heard much about when they figure to have gotten the shot to everyone. Most talk in that regard revolves around our federal minister of health. Who, when he isn't buying real estate someone on his salary really shouldn't be able to afford, managed to eff up ordering up enough vaccine for everyone, which is a particular bummer when the grandiose pharmaceutical industry keeps hitting unforeseen snags in production.

Presently, the only people who can even get an appointment to be vaccinated are "Stage 1: Highest Priority". Anyone over 80, any healthcare workers likely to get infected, or who work with patients who must be particularly protected.

I just looked it up, I actually fit at least one, possibly three of the characteristics for "Stage 2: High Priority". I got depression, obesity, diabetes.
Of course, my depression might not be severe enough, pretty sure by BMI is below 40, and my diabetes has been dormant for a decade, due to weight loss. So eff knows. I'm pretty sure I definitely meet at least one criterion for Stage 3: Heightened Priority.
At present, there is no word, not even any estimation, when they'll begin with Stage 2. I don't expect it will be for another month or two, minimum, just guesstimating.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:25 am

Heard some non-government expert on the radio this morning.
According to their "simulations", and assuming that there are no more manufacturing snags, it should be possible to vaccinate the entire population by early August.
Quicker than I would have thought.

I'm wondering how the anti-vaxx scum are gonna deal. Many who deny childhood vaccines to their own kids blissfully relied on the childhood vaccines their own, responsible parents got them, as far as anything old-fashioned like the MMR went. On top of which, herd immunity made it very, very rare to even just hear about anyone getting actual measles, let alone being exposed.
Regardless of how these scum had already fucked up herd immunity for those common diseases, endangering anyone with a compromised immune system.
Now, they got to feel for themselves what it's like to have to fear a deadly bug any time they even just open the front door, basically.

Of course, the most fanatic anti-vaxxers, those who didn't just follow fairytales of homeopathy curing everything and suchlike, those who accused all doctors everywhere (except for one guy in Britain who has since been stricken off of the register, lost his license, etc.) to be in on a conspiracy about how vaccines kill babies every day.
Those nutters obviously felt right at home in the covidiot camp, and possibly drifted over to the Q shites.
But the slightly less fanatical morons. Who would also ask for homeopathic alternatives when their doctor recommended some over-the-counter medication, who insist that anyone with depression or PTSD should just go do yoga or tai-chi, who try to follow 17 different fashion diets at once.
I wonder what they are gonna do.

Also, today I found out this even exists.
Please let me know if one or both images don't work.
and

Those are "zero residual" syringes. Just stumbled upon it. Those are apparently in demand now, since they allow to ensure that not a fraction of a cc of vaccine is wasted.
Like, the little amount that would remain in the needle hub.
I believe I might prefer getting my shots with such, if only because I'm a greedy bastard. I hope nobody gets the idea that, since they have this zero-residue feature, they can get away with one fewer cc, or 1/10 cc or whatever.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:26 am

Holding fast.

Have a slow leak in my sanity...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

red

Post by red » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:57 am

The hosp. I work for has been busting their butts to vax both employees as well as anyone within the states current requirement matrix. My Momma-San will be getting her first does in a few weeks. I got my second earlier this month. First dose had no real side effects; the second however, was about 20hrs of feeling like crap (gave me an reason to lay in bed and finish The Expanse).

The anti-vaxxers are gonna do the same old dumb shit. I feel bad for their kids though. Our youngest had a reaction to a vax course just after her first birthday. It was not fun times. Our family doc isn't antivax but does think we push too many at once and should titer test instead of just blindly boostering per schedule. I'm hoping enough of the population here will be vaxed by start of the coming school year so we can get our damn kids back to in person schooling; or they have a kids vax. Either way.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 am

Day 363

Fuck. Yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of this thread.

It sure has been "interesting," no doubt. As a GenXer born in the age where we were taught history was over, I liked my little fiction back then. Can I have it back now, please?

It was Saturday March 14, 2020, 1700ET that Jägerhaus went into lockdown. I'm glad I'm not sanitizing all the goddamn groceries any more, but it's still been far, far too long since... I shook someone's hand. Had a beer with a friend. Was able to let my kids play without worrying about Plague protocol.

Everybody's in the same shit, of course. Here in Virginia -- Fairfax County, specifically -- the vaccine roll-out has been something of a clusterfuck. I mean, it's coming and all, but... heaven knows when normal, healthy adults will be able to get it. The county has 1.5 million inhabitants and is receiving <16K shots/week. You do the math.

Again, I'm fantastically lucky and should STFU. Not only can I work remotely but I've done so for years. The biggest change in all this shit has been having the kids home "doing school," which itself has been "sub-optimal" to put it as kindly as I can.

To be fair, Thing 1 has actually been doing better though she has Issues with which to deal. Thing 2, on the other hand, has shown his colors as the exact same lazy little shit as his Old Man... :shock:

I gotta get Thing 2 back in in-person school ASAMFP. There's some hope that we'll be able to get him in person for the final quarter of the year, assuming Mishka can get The Shot. Fingers crossed.

I think there's a light on the horizon, though? Uncle Joe says America's shooting to have everyone vaccinated by 4 July... that would be Jangleplantz.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:58 am

As stated previously, my lockdown experience was different from most as I was living in an RV up in TN all by my lonesome and of course since my kids are all adults I had no issues with stay at home schooling. Still from my extended family I have seen the breadth of social experiences vicariously and yeah I feel like I got off lucky. A fucking year though, I had this argument with my coworkers at the time when this was getting off the ground that this was serious shit and we could either be diligent and safe from the start and get it behind us in a few months or we could act like it would blow over on its own in a few weeks and end up fighting it for years. I'm no Nostradamus but that seemed pretty obvious at the outset to me and here we are while places like NZ are open and having a fucking ball. Shit-for-brains did a lot of harm in his tenure as POTUS but man there honestly couldn't have been a worse person to have in the office in 2020. I mean I genuinely cannot think of single person currently in the political sphere on either side of the aisle who would have handled it in a worse fashion.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am

Picked up a pair of these today:
signal-2021-03-12-194326.jpeg
Home test kits. Cheaper than I had expected, €7.25 per. In February, I had the option of getting an "instant test" at my GP, but out of pocket, €60.
Someone had had the brilliant idea of producing a large number of test kits, and releasing them through the two largest discount-grocery chains in Germany, so as to be available to everyone (who doesn't live in the middle of nowhere). Rationed to a 5-pack per person. Slightly cheaper than the ones I got, but according to my pharmacist, also less reliable.
Those five-packs went on sale Saturday morning, when the most people would have time to go shopping. Sold out before noon, in stores and online, with no word on restocking.

Got these from my pharmacy. My pharmacist recommends them over those sold in the grocery stores. I bought two, in case I get an "inconclusive" result, or other such shenanigans. Next time I get a visit from the flue-like fairy, I will be ready.

I keep sterilizing my groceries, and the shopping cart handlebar and other places I might touch, and I keep multi-gloving. I don't need to reach into the snot some kid or some jackass smeared all over the anything. I know it's a few degrees above and beyond what is recommended, but that's just me.
Before anyone speaks up: I know disposable gloves don't perfectly protect just on their lonesome. They are just so I don't spread around what someone smeared somewhere and, critically, so I don't bring it into my home. I do disinfect my hands after I take the gloves off, literally.
So long as I can bathe in isopropyl without ill effect on my otherwise fucked-up skin, and so long as I can get that and disposable gloves, I don't give a fuck.

Vaccine-deliveries are finally working, it appears, so much so that beginning in April, GPs may be getting deliveries, to vaccinate people at the doctor's office. The official decision whether to go forward with that has not yet been made.
Hitherto, vaccinations were undertaken in special vaccination-centers, set up for the occasion in conference centers or abandoned grocery stores and suchlike. Getting an appointment the day the website went online was obviously a nightmare. It took them two months to figure out to just hire one of those companies who handle ticketing for concerts and music festivals, as if those already had all the fucking digital infrastructure to handle that stuff. Which they do. Their system cracked on the first day, too - for all of 30 minutes.

Across Potato, they are vaccinating ~270,000 people per day. Still only the highest-priority groups, 80+ years old, emergency workers, doctors, etc.
I believe I qualify for the next highest priority, but it will probably be April before the vaccine is let loose on the likes of me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

red

Post by red » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it doesn't appear to be a train. For once, Indiana didn't cock something up, so the vaccine effort is running pretty smooth. We're looking forward to the children going back to in person school, at least the oldest.

So far, I feel really damn lucky to not have lost anyone I know personally. My wife has known a few people that died from COVID, and some coworkers lost people. Thankfully, my family, as annoying as they can be, took all this seriously. Work is work, office, home, or wherever. Workload has definitely increased, with no sign of returning to the previous level. Once again, I feel thankful as I have friends that lost jobs due to the pandemic and are still looking for work.

This past year has felt exceptionally long, but also short, in a weird way.

I'm hoping to see some of you miscreants at Do0M this year; although the idea of sleeping in a
place that isn't my house, or a tent, makes me uncomfortable. Just as I imagine it will take time for
me to feel comfortable without a mask, while near other people. Fucking anxiety.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Just got the first shot yesterday.

Arm is slightly sore at the injection site, but no side effects........ yet.

Second shot happens April 8th.

Hope I don't grow an extra kneecap in ten years...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:12 am

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!

I just got an email from my healthcare (Kaiser) to come get the shot! I'm scheduled for Thursday -- and Mishka's scheduled for Friday!

WOO HOO!!!

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:57 pm

ALLRIGHT!!!

I'm still waiting, working but staying clear and using what my sweetie calls "My cowboy cravat!"

I hope we'm get through this soon!
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

red

Post by red » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:39 am

Excellent news!

We might very kick this thing in the ass (too late for the many many dead).
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm

We're not out of the woods yet...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:53 am

True, most at my work won't wear masks. Fucking rednecks.
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm
We're not out of the woods yet...
Indeed. Sounds like we'll be in masks for at least a few more months to come.

Not out of the woods, but I think I see daylight and smell fresh air ahead. Fingers crossed.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:36 pm

I can't say much, I am at DisneyWorld right now. But masked up and keeping our distance (as best we can) from everyone around us.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 am

Florida is as bad as everyone assumes (just look up pictures of Miami Beach Spring Break as well as Daytona Bike Week) and since our governor has refused to lower the eligibility age limit below 60 most of us are stuck while vaccination centers are empty and tossing out expired doses because the red hat boomers refuse to take the needle despite their cowgod having snuck in a dose before he left office. I'm hearing more and more people saying that CVS will give you the shot despite the requirements if you list yourself as "16+ with underlying medical need". Unfortunately the registration website has the whole "I hereby certify that my answers are true and correct under penalty of perjury blah blah blah" and the honest part of me can't bring myself to lie online. I have a 12 inch penis and a jawline that can cut glass, so why would I need to lie about anything online? Seriously, I just can't do it, and my wife is the same. Unless this gets really out of hand I am going to continue to play by the rules.
-Davros

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:33 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 am
...and the honest part of me can't bring myself to lie online. I have a 12 inch penis and a jawline that can cut glass, so why would I need to lie about anything online? Seriously, I just can't do it, and my wife is the same. Unless this gets really out of hand I am going to continue to play by the rules.
Yeah, I was in the same boat. The system in Virginia is weird, and especially so here in Fairfax County where there was no mechanism for "1C" people to sign up. I even "accidentally" lost enough weight that I didn't qualify. I could've lied, but honestly there are people who need the shot more than I do.

Thankfully we have Kaiser Permanente, which apparently decided we should get a shot. I sure as hell wasn't going to argue. Also, yes, I'm hearing rumors of wasted vaccines, which is just fucking shameful. :(

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:25 am

welp. Motherfucking Michigan just can't handle themselves. Got my first shot last Monday, just in time for the tea/covid+ party folks to accelerate the infection rate and numbers. It's kids trending up now. I am so fucking sick of "Mericuns"

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:27 am

Same here in Florida, starting to see the resultant surge from the unfettered idiocy of Spring Break down here. Wife & I just got our respective 1st shots, keeping our heads down as best we can.
-Davros

red

Post by red » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am

As young people refuse to, or can't get vaccinated but also stop taking precautions, we'll see variants arise that will start to affect that population in higher numbers.

I agree, I'm tried of these motherfuckers that apparently don't give two fucks about anyone but themselves and their "freedoms". I imagine there is a big overlap between them and the anti-helmet crowds.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am

COVID shot #2 this morning! Yippie! The nurses laughed as I did a little victory dance out the door.

As of April 22 I'll be as free a man as anybody can be. Still gotta mask up and all, but I won't feel quite so awkward if, say, I get to go to a restaurant (hopefully with other vaccinated people).

There's a light on the horizon!

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 am

Jaeger wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am
COVID shot #2 this morning!

Same
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

red

Post by red » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:44 am

Glad to hear you guys are getting blasted full of the finest nano tracking chips Bill Gates can produce! I'm loving my 5G access!
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm

red wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:44 am
Glad to hear you guys are getting blasted full of the finest nano tracking chips Bill Gates can produce! I'm loving my 5G access!

I don't even need a remote for my tv anymore. I just blink...

This New World Order is grrrrreat!
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:48 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm
I don't even need a remote for my tv anymore. I just blink...
That's not what Bill Gates's nanochips do, you got the Elon Musk model!
Show
Watch the whole thing, they get rid of the joystick.
Over here, before the general population gets it, three higher priority categories are vaccinated first.
This far, pretty much, only the highest category have been getting any. People 80+ years old, medical workers, emergency workers, partners and families of them.
Category 2, which I might be able to slip in, may be beginning now, but there is different info from different places, and I believe the mass-vaccination centers in my area do not yet serve category 2 all out. Rather, will admit anyone 77 or older. Category 2 can snag a vaccine if they are lucky and there are leftovers on a day.
Since as of this week, GPs also administer vaccinations, I will talk to my GP (or to her receptionist) on Monday, when either is back form holiday.

The 3rd wave is well and truly happening here. Or the 4th. Whatever.
Thus far, the federal legislators provided only the laws needed so the states could implement specific measures, such as lockdowns, mask mandates, etc.
As of yesterday, the federal government is working on nationwide legislation. To cut out the micky-mouse bullshit, implement measures nationwide. Proposed part thereof is a 9pm curfew, on top of a lockdown of non-essential shops and businesses.

I'm a little torn about that. When I have to do a grocery walk, preferably, I do so after 8pm. That's when (except on Fridays, of course) the stores around here are emptiest. Preferable for a number of reasons, of course.
On the other hand, I'm pissed off that this shit still is going on, no less because politicians didn't implement tougher measures, and also because of the covidiots. So a full-on curfew, perhaps not the worst idea.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:32 am

As things are rolling out here in Floriduh, we are starting to build a little reserve of hope. And while I am saddened by the deaths of nearly 600,000 people here in the States, I am glad that it wasn't as bad as some people had predicted. I have a few friends and one cousin who lost a family member so luckily we personally never suffered a loss close by but still.
As history is written about this time, I wonder how much will be said about what was done correctly and incorrectly, and by what measure? From the New Zealand "shut it all down" approach to the US "Meh, shut down some but gotta keep the economy running so don't go too far" method, what will be seen as the better long term success? Naturally here in the Wang our idiot governor is trying now to release the krakens (aka the cruise industry) and damn the torpedos because apparently the sugar and phosphate conglomerates aren't coming to the Capitol table with enough baksheesh anymore. Along the same lines, I wonder how much corruption surrounding this will be exposed as time goes on, and will it matter? Our governor deliberately suppressed data reporting on COVID cases and deaths and even fired people in the health department and raided the fucking homes in order to silence the truth. Seems like no-one gives a shit about that, even though he did it out in the open. Not even going to get into the former guy who had a national stump from which to spread his lies.
I don't like what this world has become.
-Davros