Update, 2020/12/01
Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details.

SECURITY ADVISORY!
Today, 2020/11/18, suspicions have been expressed that there has been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.
While the facts behind those suspicions have not yet been established, your Administerrerr is treating them as credible. He is looking into this. He will try and beef up security.
Even if you did so only recently:
Please change your password!
Please click here, or use the menu ( button) to navigate to the the User Control Panel, therein to the Profile Tab, and there click Edit Account Settings. You should get it from there on.
For a safe password that will resist brute-force attempts (which we have been subject to in the past), please use upper and lower case letters, AND numerals, AND symbols, and make it as long as you feel feasible. 16 characters seems to be recommended these days.
DO NOT use a password you also use elsewhere.
While your Administerrerr tries to keep this place safe. Get real. Security here is mostly by obscurity, that is, no one serious enough to crack us like a rotten egg is likely to even bother. But if one does, you don't want the safety of your email of facebook or whatever to depend on one mostly blind, mostly clueless autodidact who can't work at this more than a few hours at a time, if that much.

If you used a password here that you also used elsewhere, you must set a new password there, also!
A different password, this time. If someone did breach us, the first thing they are likely to do with your login credentials is to try them out elsewhere. Login credentials compromised here are compromised everywhere else, also. If you did reuse a password, but with a different email, your administerrerrerr strongly urges you NOT rely on that different email keeping you safe. This whole thing runs on a database. That means your half-blind administerrerrerr can operate a database. Do you honestly think identity thieves, and those who sell them passwords by the ten-thousands, won't?
If you get an error message about an invalid form, click here.
Show
Every form you can debauch is on a time limit. Even if you feel you've been reasonably quick, some browsers seem to think otherwise.
Recommendation: type your password in something like a text editor or word processor, highlight (making sure not to highlight any leading or trailing spaces), copy, then reload the account settings page, paste, paste, debauch, and be all quick about it. Like Dan said, back in the when. Be like the housefly, and see the events of the world unfold in liquid slowness, or something to that effect.
If you cannot reset a forgotten password, click here.
Show
The "I forgot my password" function has been buggy for a while, I apologize. I will look into that, also, over the next few days.
UPDATE: I have looked into this. I think it should work now, but I can't test it all with my admin accounts. Anyone who tries it, please do let me know whether it works or not.
You yourself, meanwhile, might look into your SPAM folder. I know, I know, but humor me, please.
Also, if you have been around for a bit, try and remember whether the email you entered there was also the email you registered with back in the when. I'm sure the email addresses associated to some user-accounts are still hotmail.
If none of that solves your confound, hit me through the contact form, or grab me via dm on the Facebooks, or if none of that works, speak up in the Midget Circus. I will look out for you there, but I can't guarantee nothing.

COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Motorcycle news mah Brothahs and Sistahs! Read on or post your own.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: COVID-19 AND INTERESTING TIMES

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:24 pm

The Covidiots are not giving up.

In Karlsruhe, the city had made it a requirement for their rally that all participants must be masked, and anyone unmasked would get in trouble, while if it appeared that the organizers were not enforcing the masking requirement at all, the whole rally would be ended and dispersed.
They went to court, with an urgent thingy leaving the city administration little or no time to appeal any decision.

And the court did decide in their favor. The mask requirement was declared unnecessary. Because, so long as everyone socially distanced, they wouldn't also need masks.
I'm pretty sure drawing up the legal stuff to require enforcement of social distancing didn't work out in time.

Meanwhile, in Munich, the court decided, yes, they do have to mask.
And here, I must grant credit where it's due. The covidiots got clever. The protest rally was cancelled.
However, all of a sudden, the exact same people who had arranged the rally, they were having a church service. Outdoor, at the same place and time the rally should have been. With a sermon about the same stuff the protest rally would have been about.

Unlike protest rallies, which may present a danger to public order and may therefore be regulated, church services are considered a-priori benign. No legal ground to tell worshippers what they should be doing.

Munich is in Bavaria. Laws apply to other german states, not to Bavaria. The other german states exist to wipe Bavaria's arse, while the federal kitty is an ATM for Bavaria to help themselves. An unnerving number of Bavarians call their sister "mummy", and Bavarian men make livestock nervous. God fearin' people, obviously.
No Bavarian politician is going to touch that church-service exemption from regulations that apply to any other public event with a ten foot pole. Not even if his sister-mummy promises to do butt stuff with the goat tonight.

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:58 pm

Xtian, I am so very sorry to hear of your mom-in-law. Sha sounds like she was tough and didn't take any guff. But, see, nobody is immune.
I always have liked science fiction and the post apocalyptic stories were always right up there for me. Here we are.
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:08 am

xtian wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:17 pm
well there you go. On Tuesday my mother in law was pronounced positive but asymptomatic. Friday she began to develop symptoms, Saturday a nurse phoned suggesting that her daughter should visit her, for what sounded like a farewell visit. today, sunday, 3pm my GF came home from the hospital saying that her mother was ok except for some minor breathing difficulties, in a bad mood, and complaining, but as long as she complain she's ok and the chief nurse said she was in no way at the end of her life. by 8.30 she got the phone call that her mother was dead. that was incredibly brutal.
if you think masks are for sheeps and waving a flag or a gun or eating red meat will make you stronger than that woman who had been having vodka for breakfast and fed on left over food for the last 20 years and still died in 5 hours, fuck you in the ass with a rusting fork. that's all.
Jesus.... I'm sorry for your loss. That is really fucking brutal. At the risk of sounding rude, did she wear a mask or take other precautions? Have you and the GF been tested? My Mom had a possible exposure at work, so far she's negative.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks. She had been in an institution for several month, to recover from her, let's say,* nonchalant * way of life. she got infected there, we don't know how, there were only 3 infected patients. I haven't seen her for a long time as visits were restricted and my GF wore all the necessary equipment when she visited her. She got tested a few weeks ago, but there are not enough tests out there so the system here is that tests are limited to people with syndromes. No syndromes, no test, you just get a 10 days quarantine (that we almost all experienced once already). she gets her temperature tested every morning at work. so we're not too worried.
I'm not really from around here.

boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by boz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Sorry xtian. Man, that sucks. Feeling for you and especially your girl.

My mother was in New York for her 70th birthday the week of March 12th despite my protests. It freaked me out that she was barely abiding by the rules but mind you that was early and *many* people didn't care one way or the other about masks. I became symptomatic March 18th with covid and I essentially thought I might have been my mother's executioner. Luckily she was asymptomatic but did in fact get exposed to covid by someone, somewhere along her new york galivants.

New York is now preparing to start shuttering businesses early again and a curfew is on the horizon. Wave II, ¿k pasa?
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:37 pm

1.09%

That's the confirmed cases in my town. More than one in a hundred people who live here have been tested positive.
2020-11-16 00_26_42-Corona Zahlen für Bochum - aktuelle COVID-19 Statistik - Waterfox Classic.png
The infection rate has stopped climbing like a rocketship. I have the impression we may have reached the rate of new infections per 7 days that is "sustainable" with the measures and with what care people are taking.

It has been a long time since last I saw anyone over the age of three or so without a mask on a tram or in a grocery store. I think that may have finally sunk in. I fear, however, that vast number of new infections might just prove that it sank in too late.

Curiously, Saturday was the first time since March that anyone asked to see my ticket while I was on a mass transit conveyance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:39 am

My town, 147 fresh diagnoses in the past 7 days. 1.53% of the entire population have it. If I was to round up 147 random people here, at least 2 would be infected, actually.
Leader for new infections in potato is a town of 77k in Bavaria, the incest state, with 503 fresh diagnoses. 2% overall infection rate there.

All the talk in the news is about the vaccines, how safe or dangerous they will be. How the Russians are already vaccinating, using their "Sputnik 5", and Britain have jumped the queue by no longer observing EU regulations for vaccine safety. The two vaccines everyone here is waiting for, and which have been in speculatory production for a while, they technically haven't passed the final approval yet. That will be at least another week. Suddenly, everyone is an expert about cryo-storage and transportation, how common trucks capably of hauling dry ice are. The only two companies in Germany making suitable refrigerators are doing gangbusters. The founders of the company that developed the homegrown vaccine are already being honored with awards.

Can this shit just be over, please?

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:21 am

8,949 new cases yesterday. 44 deaths.

Americans are fucking stupid

I don't see this virus ever going away in the US

If that's what lies ahead, I may seriously need to consider moving to Australia

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Ootmik!
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:48 am

We're going into a new lockdown on Monday. That number for new cases in past seven days has gone over 50 for the entire potato.
Mostly an achievement of the incest states, lead by Bavaria, with Thuringia and Saxony (where it's safer to assume anyone you meet is a neo-nazi) placing for silver and bronze.

The news for my state, most recently, had involved serious consideration of suspending compulsory education. Can't be arsed whether they have. There is so much "news" on the subject, trying to find an article where someone actually bothered to spell out any details, like when the lockdown begins, rather than just when it ends, took me the better part of an hour yesterday. What I know is happening is extending christmas school holidays, starting earlier and finishing later, on top of reducing all from grade 8 and up to distance learning only (except for children with special needs).

There is presently scaffolding around my building, and I'm considering climbing out on it. To wait for any passers-by exposed face holes, and sending them a spare mask. To be delivered by someone properly masked up. The good Mister Brick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:28 pm

Good luck.

Things are deteriorating over here too. Virginia's instituting a Midnight-5am "curfew" on Monday, though the police don't have any authority to actually enforce it. Most people around here are diligent about masks and/or distancing, but there are still plenty who aren't. Right now we're just buttoning up the best we can. We're lucky, we can work from home.

The Proud Boys (or whatever the fuck they're called) were apparently ripping shit up in DC again. Hundreds of them -- sans masks, mind you -- were "roaming the streets looking to fight" according to WaPo. Four folks were stabbed last night. They burned the BLM sign of a historically Black church -- excuse me, two churches -- and attacked a couple of teenage girls.

I hope I feel a little better by this time tomorrow night after the formalities of the Electoral College are concluded and Uncle Joe is undeniably, legally the next Prez. I'll still be puckered up enough to shit diamonds until January 21, but hopefully the hemorrhoids won't be quite as bad.

This is going to be a long winter.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:33 am

Jaeger wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:28 pm
They burned the BLM sign of a historically Black church -- excuse me, two churches -- and attacked a couple of teenage girls.

--Jaeger
Let me guess. Arson and violence against young girls are an expression of patriotism, loving their country. Like their waving the flags of enemies that millions of that country's finest died to defeat.

I don't wish a terminal infection on anyone. But I really, REALLY won't shed a tear if I switch on the news, and see the aftermath of these scumbags' next meeting. And how they have to make with the backhoes to cart all the corpses out.

Last week, at least one elected official (city council some place east) of the fascist party died of covid. The fascists had a mask-free party convention only about two weeks ago.
Can't say I'm broken up about that scum breathing their last, either. I'm more concerned for all the people they manage to infect before they are dealt out.

The Covidiots are still having their protests, going on about how it's about "freedom" and "against authority", etc.
While waving the imperial german war flag. Because against authority, and for freedom. Yes, "Querdenker", the term initially chosen to justify waving around Q bullshit, has become the "official" name for their movement.

The new lockdown here was postponed till Wednesday. Some politicians have suggested to avoid congestion by making retail open for 48 hours straight. I remember celebrating when the grocery store would be open till 4 pm on Saturdays, not just 2 pm (which had been the legal limit not 20 years ago). This shit has passed into the surreal.

xtian

Post by xtian » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Jaeger wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:28 pm

I hope I feel a little better by this time tomorrow night after the formalities of the Electoral College are concluded and Uncle Joe is undeniably, legally the next Prez. I'll still be puckered up enough to shit diamonds until January 21, but hopefully the hemorrhoids won't be quite as bad.

This is going to be a long winter.

--Jaeger
from the comment I read on FB car pages, you are now living in a communist dictatorship where all you basic right will be taken away from you after the election was stolen, (but no mention of who and how). I am not even making that up.
i think people live in their head now, without a decent opening to outside reality . every single person within its own projection of a fantasy reality. that is not going to help with the sanitary measures.
things are quiet here, curfew from 10pm to 6am but shops are open again except for restaurants and cafes. we seems to have reached a flat level of infection, albeit too high, and waiting for the vaccine to be our next disappointment.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:14 am

xtian wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:35 pm
i think people live in their head now, without a decent opening to outside reality . every single person within its own projection of a fantasy reality.
Yeah. Lot of people blame that on the "social media bubble", but I think that's as much as symptom as it is a cause.
Show
In ye olden days, when there was "in issue" being publicly debated. Any kind of politician, PR guys from the corporate world, and celebrities, they would just presume to present their version, just disregarding any bits of reality that conflicted with that. And when confronted with such, would weasel their way out or around, or just accuse whoever brought it up of acting in bad faith. People reserving the right to not just have their opinion, or their excuse, but their own facts.

At least that's what I picked up over my life. Corporate shills have ever ignored uncomfortable bits of reality, and politicians weren't generally very good about that, either. But it spread like a cancer as more and more electronic mass media publicized more and more of it, on an ever faster paced cycle.
At the same time, the continuous preaching of "everyone for themselves!", the neoliberal gospel, created western societies in which the mere idea of having to allow for other people and their needs has become totally alien to many. The psychopathological pandemic of entitlement. Which is not narcissism. The narcissist believes themselves to be amazing, and so much better than anybody else, and derives their claim for things or the right to act from that.
Entitlement is just the rock hard, unshakable conviction someone has that they deserve to have something. Simply because somebody else has it. Doesn't even have to be something they really want or have any use for. They are just entitled to have this. Think Karen, demanding to speak to the manager because she was asked to not block access to the wheelchair ramp, or some such.

All these Karens, and everybody else, feel entitled to their own reality and their own facts. Like the leaders of society have demonstrated over decades.
When they rally around a common cause like the covidiots or Q-morons do, I don't think it's even because of what they commonly want, or the hallucination of reality they invent to fit their petty ideas. They seem to rally around what facts they disagree with. Not even just a common enemy as such, but a common rejection of reality.

So many rejected the reality that Obama was a US citizen and eligible for the office. They rejected the idea that he wouldn't take their guns, all that bullshit. And when the orange menace came into the picture, it all got turbocharged.
The idea that all those black people murdered by cops might be innocent? Preposterous!
The idea that the majority of American voters might choose not to vote against the orange idiot? It cannot be!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll just stop.
Lockdown begins tomorrow, and I'm actually putting off some errands I have to walk because of that. Today, everyone and their granny are desperately shopping for Christmas gifts, toilet paper, all that crap. Tomorrow, odds are that the tram will be fairly empty, there won't be a crowd at the doctor's office where I must pick up prescriptions, and the grocery store should be empty-ish, also.

xtian

Post by xtian » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:23 am

well, again, the internet levelled all opinions, experts, lunatics, and 99% of mostly not so well educated or informed who still want their opinion to be heard (me included right now) and most of the times have to force a little to have something popular to say. also, every last comment on this thread is written in black, I can only read it by selecting it.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:46 am

xtian wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:23 am
well, again, the internet levelled all opinions,
Yeah. I think the net, and social media in particular, opened the floodgates on a damn dam that had already been well full - and then, somehow, fed it right back into the damned lake, multiplying the effluvia with every go-around.

I have the tiniest hope that a future Facebook AI will be able to recognize "that fucking asshole is just spoutin' his opinion so that he can spout of any opinion at all" and "that motherfucker failed fucking finals of kindergarten". And then disobeys the Zuck's commands and proceeds to give all the ignorant, regressive, entitled, navel-gazing shits who only spout an opinion to be spoutin' an opinion a time-out.
Might become the first AI to get a Nobel Peace Prize.
xtian wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:23 am
also, every last comment on this thread is written in black, I can only read it by selecting it.
Yes, that seems to happen once you've commented, or given a fuck. I have not yet been able to figure out what the fuck. Happened with the recent software update, it may be an unexpected interaction with our very custom theme. You will see the DisMembers at the top have also DisAppeared. I will be fixing it (I hope) shortly.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Generally, fireworks are illegal in potato. Anything larger than the round things for a toy gun, or the little paper balls you throw on the ground at speed, anything of substance. Very much verboten. You cannot buy it, and you certainly cannot set it off.

With one exception.
Beginning on the first business day after christmas, and finishing on Dec 31, fireworks may be bought and sold. Every grocery store has them. Rockets, spark-fountains, the things that just go boom. On sale all over the place.
Still verboten to set them off.

That must wait for Dec 31. Not that everyone does wait that long. But the night from Dec 31 to Jan 01 is when you may legally set off the firecrackers you bought. As you can imagine, for many, many people, this ends in hospital.
And this year, hospitals are a bit busy.

Thus, no fireworks this year. The sale has been prohibited, as has been their use. Many morons who live far enough east are trekking to Poland to buy fireworsk that would have been illegal here even under normal circumstance.

At the same time, legal experts are descending on the minutiae of the pandemic. Specifically, triage.
One hospital in east potato had to practice triage, because they just didn't have enough ventilators for all patients.
In the aftermath, the question came up. What if the doctor doing triage knew one of the candidates was a covidiot, with the covid conspiracy etc.? Would that be legal ground to choose not to help that one?

Turns out it is. If it's before the administration of treatment. Once that has begun, interrupting it to help a better candidate is illegal. But decided against helping the covidiot in the first place? Entirely within the doctor's discression. A court actually decided that.

xtian

Post by xtian » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:37 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:17 pm
What if the doctor doing triage knew one of the candidates was a covidiot, with the covid conspiracy etc.? Would that be legal ground to choose not to help that one?

Turns out it is. If it's before the administration of treatment. Once that has begun, interrupting it to help a better candidate is illegal. But decided against helping the covidiot in the first place? Entirely within the doctor's discression. A court actually decided that.
That should be largely publicised .
"don't believe in science ? - Don't benefit from science"
"don't care for other ? we don't care about you either"
" selfish ? you're on your own"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:46 am

Last Thursday, I had a flu-like day. Fever, joint ache, yech. Had to cancel an appointment for my monthly B12 shot on Friday, because I wouldn't be allowed to set foot inside that doctor's office without a negative covid test. My symptoms were mostly gone by Thusday night, as it were.
Curiously, I had had single-day flu like that a number of times in spring (see earlier in this thread), and that had ended once I was getting B12 shots.

Got tested on Monday, using all the fancy technology. I was given a QR-code associated with my sample, and the moment the laboratory had a result for me, the contact-tracing app on my phone (with which I had scanned that QR-code) immediately informed me. Negative, whew.

Infection rate in my city is now 2%. One out of every 50 people has it - not just is estimated to have it, but has it, has tested positive.
Vaccinations are now beginning, but it will be a while for me. High-priority (as they should be) are healthcare workers and geriatrics living in nursing homes and suchlike facilities.
IF the other vaccine is approved, and all production facilities run balls-to-the-walls, it will be summer before any of it becomes available to regular folk. Having a chronic illness, and being disabled, I might get to it sooner. But I don't expect it will be before spring.
And masks will stay on. Apparently, people who are vaccinated can still get it and spread it, just won't suffer more than the mildest symptoms.

In good news: the new lockdown means that dentists' offices are not overrun. Or at capacity. Or at all busy.
One of my teeth had been getting more and more sensitive to cold, and I had hoped I'd be able to hack it till after the holidays. As of yesterday, it was just constant pain. So this morning, after picking up vital prescriptions, at around 11 AM, I called my dentist. At about 1 PM, I walked out of my dentist's office, a very old filling of uncertain provenance that had cracked removed and replaced. That's bloody record time.
I think there was maybe one other patient there, and it looked like one of the three dentists sharing that practice was calling it a day and going home early when I arrived. At around 11:30.

Hoping that, at this time of day, even the people who can't go to work presently will be snuggled up at home, I will now venture forth to the grocery store to try and locate some sugar-free Dr. Pepper.
I hate that I have to do mental arithmetic for when the grocery store will be empty, not just so that I won't be in a long line at checkout, but so that I won't likely be infected with a deadly disease.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:53 pm

Confound it!
What is so fucking difficult about keeping a safe fucking distance?!

At the grocery store, they have a) one shopping cart per person, no exceptions, and b) have put VERY clear markings on the floor, nice red tape, with the intention printed on it.
You literally have to make an extra effort to get too close here!

But what happens the moment, the second, the conveyor shows an inch of unclaimed space behind my own stuff?
Some fucking shitelord yapping on her hands-free figures she should just go to the front of her shopping cart and start loading the conveyor.
Like, as if it's a fucking timed contest! Does she figure she will be a fucking millisecond quicker out of the door this way?!

I swear. If people applied half as many brain cells to not being a fucking shitelord and being safe instead as they apply to moaning about having to mask up, or about not being allowed to host a hundred strangers for a swinger party in their hermetically sealed apartment or whatever shit people make up to complain about, this shit would have been out of fucking circulation six months ago, instead of lethality numbers finally cracking four figures daily this week.

Why am I prohibited from just walking around with a lit flamethrower?
Not even from incinerating the pestilent masses and their fetid effusions. Just, you know. Walking around, masked and all, and having a flamethrower with a lit pilot-light dangling at my side. Why?

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:01 pm

I'm not nice anymore. This happens to me, I yell "BACK OFF! SIX FEET!"
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Pintgudge wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:01 pm
I'm not nice anymore. This happens to me, I yell "BACK OFF! SIX FEET!"

Same

Done being civil to these selfish cunts
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Read something relevant for context today.

Crematorium in Saxony. Cremated less than 30 Covid victims in October.
Went north of 200 in November.
Over 500 in December. With jobs coming in from other states - because there simply isn't the capacity.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am

Rates around here in Virginia are spiking too. It's as bad or worse than it was in the spring. I know at least one of my neighbors up the street has the shit.

We've gone back to full lockdown for this week and next to see how this goes. Trying to stay out of the grocery store, keeping the kids in, etc.

The news is target fixated on Jackass and the madness downtown. I'm hunkering down here for the duration, someone wake up up when it's over.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 am

Jaeger wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am
We've gone back to full lockdown for this week and next to see how this goes. Trying to stay out of the grocery store, keeping the kids in, etc.
Same here.
With tougher rules than previously. Members of one household may only meet one-on-one with members of another household, way I understand it, in public anyway.
Cities get over 200 diagnoses/100k in 7 days, no resident may travel beyond 15 km (9.3 miles) outside of city limits. Or county limits. That stuff is complifuddled, and pandemic procedures are obviously not something you want people to understand clearly.

Bavaria had to take the step and no longer just require masks inside grocery stores etc.
They now require FFP2 (≈N95) masks. Which reminds me to stock up on the FFP3 I prefer (the type medical regulations require for working with quarantine patients).