PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Random Pics

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: Random Pics

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 am

In a German grocery store.

The Googles! Hear my command!
Translate Alles für den Schulanfang!

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

SidVicious
Barista of Doom

Post by SidVicious » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Sorry for the lame reference, I was trying to find the quote from Tommy Boy where he screws up the line about looking up a bulls ass, but all I could find was the correct quotation. It was something like "I could get a good look at a butchers ass by sticking my head up there, no, the butcher looks up my ass, wait..." but I know that's not it. Its early here.
no, it has to be your bull
Hell is waking up every goddamn day and not even knowing why you're here -Marv

Nothing beats a hangover like kitten love -guitargeek

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:21 am

Gallipoli, 1915.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:39 am

DerGolgo wrote:Gallipoli, 1915.
Any idea what caliber those are?

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:37 pm

I would guess .303 British off hand (.308 actual measurement) but it could also be 6.5 Mauser or both.
Sanity has left the building

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Common rifles for the Ottoman Empire and Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary were the Mauser Gewehr 88 and 98 rifles. That's the kind of rifle a common infantryman would have been issued. Either type would have been chambered for 7.92×57mm Mauser from what I understand.
The British Empire, as it was, had any number of shooters in .303 British, also referred to as the 7.7×56mmR.
The French republic, at some point, issued basically every kind of boom-stick they could lay their hands on. Including the sort of breach loader that'd be fed paper-cartridges, like the Chassepot, apparently.
However, at Gallipoli, during only the second year of the war, it was the Oriental Expeditionary Corps. A regular outfit, so they probably had regulation shooters. Which would have been a Lebel Model 1886, chambered for 8×51mmR French, aka 8mm Lebel. As far as I, a non-francophone ignoramus, can find out by online research and reasonable deduction in less than ten delightful minutes.

So, two of those three, just by the law of large numbers. I'm sure someone more familiar with the guns of WW1 and with ballistic fingerprinting could probably deduce a lot from the striations on the darker round and what can be determined of its length/width ratio.

Addendum:
On August 6th 1915, 100 years and 1 day ago, the Britsh Empire landed at Sulva Bay, the beginning of the August offensive that was their last attempt to break this particular WW1 deadlock.
Knowing little about the above artifact's exact provenance, it is quite possibly exactly one century old as I type this.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Touted as "virtual LSD." It certainly fucked with my eyes for about a minute after I'd watched it.

[media]https://youtu.be/8gClQFFfNVA[/media]

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm going to back and forth from that to the wood grain door in my office here for possibly the rest of the night... :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Huh. They showed us a tricks like that in art class at school, so we'd appreciate color perception and stuff (German art class, indeed).
Spoiler
Show
I got as far as "we dont live in ob..." before I couldn't make out any letters anymore. My eyes already are fucked-with, and the resolution in that video was not very good. Did anyone get the full message at the center?

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:59 am

That makes my cubicle work much more interesting and enjoyable. It may or may not have given me the giggles.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:33 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I got as far as "we dont live in ob..." before I couldn't make out any letters anymore. My eyes already are fucked-with, and the resolution in that video was not very good. Did anyone get the full message at the center?
"wedontliveinaworldofrealirybutinaworldofperceptions"

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:47 am

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Not too far from me is the Sauerland mountains. Where I had the accident, but that's beside the point.
Good riding, twisty roads, not so densely populated (by our Jerry standards).
One of the main towns there is Lüdenscheid, population 72,923.
But with all them hills and the roads being twisty as they are, you might have trouble finding it.
But worry not! Us Jerries are good at putting up signage! Not just for a diversion ("Umleitung").

No, that's not photoshop. I understand this exists.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:59 am

Who wants some Öhlins forks?

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:15 pm

DerGolgo wrote:Who wants some Öhlins forks?
Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!
Want!
NEED....
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Bo_9 wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:Who wants some Öhlins forks?
Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!
Want!
NEED....

What he said!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Just gonna leave this here.
Caption: Just gonna leave this here ...

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Don't act like you don't have a Goofy hat and a dress form in your motorcycle gear room.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:31 am

German made bearing vs Chinese knockoff.
[media]https://youtu.be/RepARd6db7c[/media]
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:50 am

Bigshankhank wrote:German made bearing vs Chinese knockoff.
[media]https://youtu.be/RepARd6db7c[/media]
But the Chinese bearings are 1/4 the price and come in packs of 10! :lol:
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Huh.
Fun story:
I went to engineering school (ha). As you hear here, ball-bearings are known as "Kugellager" here in Jerry-land. Kugel is ball, Lager is the bearing. On the note of translating things, the German verb for "make", as in to create an item, for "assembling" or "manufacturing" is "bauen".
Machine-element class, the professor is demonstrating how to calculate the application-specific service-life of a ball-bearing. Somehow, the topic of the lecture skiddled into German bearings and cheap, cheerful Polish bearings. And the specs the manufacturers would publish, which you need to calculate your service life.
We were advised not to trust the specs provided by Polish bearing makers. The manufacturers only copy the German spec-sheets, because were they honest, everyone would immediately see the lesser quality of their product.
"Die Deutschen waren schon immer die besten im Lagerbau."
or in English
"The Germans always were best at making bearings."
And here's the problem. Another translation for "bauen" is "to build". While "Lager" also, more commonly even, means warehouse, or storage area or suchlike.
Or ... camp. Like a camp with tents. But also as in those camps, yap.
The whole class did snicker. Neither the professor, nor his assistant, seemed to get what was funny.

Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Post by Skkot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Wow. Thank you, DG, that was so worth the explanation! And people say Germans aren't funny... :mrgreen:
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.
Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!

Post by Mk3 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 am

Sorry DG

http://www.snopes.com/cow-eyeballs-in-dui/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:05 am

Mk3 wrote:Sorry DG

http://www.snopes.com/cow-eyeballs-in-dui/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... on christmas eve!!

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 am

Christ almighty I quick scrolled past that image and thought it was a plate of severed dicks.
Bonus points to Jeagar if he makes them and wears one as a "replacement".
-Davros

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 am

Here ya go...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:03 am

Moar...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 am

I learned something very important today, something one would think an internet savvy adult such as myself should already know. Quick, can anyone name this character from Pixar's Finding Nemo?

Now I did not create that animated .gif file, but I have found it useful from time to time when I wanted to express my exuberance via text message. As I have an antiquated phone with little available memory, I typically download it via google, text it and then delete it. In an effort to streamline the search this morning I decided to input the character's name along with the word sweet and voila, well you can imagine my shock when that character's name coupled with the word "sweet" and "animated gif" as search terms brought up some rather unsavory moving images. I have never in all my life had to work so hard to stifle a laugh while at work, tears were leaking from my eyes. Good times.
-Davros

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:18 am

Ames?

When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"