PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Craigslist Awesomeness

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 am

He never called me back. I'm tempted to call again and remind him his ad also calls for "NO BULLSHITTERS" - bullshitters include people who place and keep up ads asking for calls yet won't return the calls.

All proceeds go to help cripple children.

Rabbit_Fighter
Keeper of the Lava

Post by Rabbit_Fighter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

wheezy e wrote:He never called me back. I'm tempted to call again and remind him his ad also calls for "NO BULLSHITTERS" - bullshitters include people who place and keep up ads asking for calls yet won't return the calls.
I would be so tempted to show up with a Jewish friend.

"Who that, you ask? Why that's Mr. Horowitz . . . .he's here to help me negotiate the price!"

thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

Post by thrasherbill » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Didn't take long to get 2 scammers with the same story replying to my Buellpocolypse ad!

Scammer #1:
Thanks for the mail, I'm seriously interested in buying this for my son and am okay with your selling price, I'm a boatswain and currently offshore i really want this as a surprise gift for my son so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and I will like to know why you are selling this item and i will like to know the condition of the item. You can mail me back with your PayPal email address so i can make the payment to you right now and if you don't have an account with PayPal you can set up an account today as it's secured and reliable visit their website on www.paypal.com... i will be responsible for the payment fees/charges on this transaction. Do not worry about shipping or picking up as my pick up agent will come and pick it up from you once have made the payment to you and i will also need your full Name,address and phone number.

Looking forward to read back from you asap...

Regards.

Scammer #2:
Thank you for getting back to me.Can you assure me that it's in
good state and that i will not be disappointed with it.I'm ready to
pay your asking price and to be honest, i wanted to buy this for my
son, but the issue is i am an oceanographer and i do have a contract
to go for which starts today and am leaving any moment from now.The
contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea
area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of
laptop so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send
money via PayPal anytime.Since I'm requesting this transaction to be
done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges
on this transaction and if you don't have an account with paypal, its
pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to
www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I
have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will
take care of very necessary paper for me. So i look forward to hear
from you soon.

Many Thanks

So I replied to both of them:

Hi Frank, unfortunately you just missed this Item. I sold the Item to Steve Lambert (precans@gmail.com). Steve Lambert is also offshore so maybe you could contact Steve and you could share the item. Or have unlubricated butt sex.

:mrgreen:
no response from either of them yet.
KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm

should have informed them that he also has a set of golf clubs and a Clam-Slammer 2000 that he may be willing to part with or at least, loan out for fun and profit!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Huh. I was a boatswain once. I bet he doesn't even know what that is.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

Post by Beemer Dan » Tue May 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Hmmm.... why is down always the direction for jewing? As a sort-of jew myself I've always wondered this. I'm not a religious jew, I don't even believe in gods of any kind and only celebrate the holidays with good food. But people keep saying that because my mother was a jew I have no choice. I guess I fall into the Carlton category:

I guess you could say I'm jew-ish. Not to be confused with all the christianish or atheistish or agnosticishoshb'gosh folx out there. Hmm... is an agnostic jew someone who feels they are being punished by a supernatural power, they just don't know who?

Anyhu, I want to learn the art of jewing someone sideways!

Oh, and Manischewitz fucking rocks! Screw all the haters, they drink the juice out of the gefilte fish jar!
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 pm

thrasherbill wrote:...The
contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea
area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of
laptop...
Someone needs to tell this guy about VoIP.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue May 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Beemer Dan wrote: is an agnostic jew someone who feels they are being punished by a supernatural power, they just don't know who?
If you asked that question in a Woody Allen movie (who taught me most of what I know about Jewish customs and culture), the answer would probably be "No, he knows who, he's just haggling."

This occurred to me a few minutes ago and I still feel dirty and ashamed. Bad German!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Re:

Post by 12ci » Mon May 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Davros wrote:Time to drag out this old chestnut. Its kind of long, but it is my personal favorite scam story ever.
The set-up:
In November 2003 a 64 GL and a 55 Fenderlight popped up on eBay, both with Buy It Now prices of about a thousand bucks (!) AND free shipping. Matt O'Manurdum immediately recognized both scoots from the Scooterworks website where they were for sale at a substantially higher price. The auctions were restricted, meaning you had to e-mail the seller first to be put on a pre-approved list before you could bid. The location of the scoots was listed as "Christmas Gift USA". Matt thought that maybe in the midst of a spastic promotional Santa Frenzy, the boss at Scooterworks had lost his/her last marble and was basically GIVING these babies away, or this was a scam. Matt thought WTF, he might as well at least check into the GL...

Note: Both auctions were cancelled by eBay within two hours of being posted and an "Invalid Item" page replaced the auctions. eBay's response to my e-mail as to why said essentially that some poor schmoe (redtag501) had fallen victim to an e-mail scam and had handed over their eBay password to some naughty people. Matt's first e-mail to "Jennifer" (notice how "she" fucks up and signs one "Sarah") was sent before the auctions were cancelled. The following is a VERBATIM transcript of his little exchange over the next few days. And for all of his trouble Matt is a dollar richer...

Question from: matty0
Title of item: 1964 Vespa GL
Seller: redtag501
Starts: Nov-17-03 14:13:49 PST
Ends: Nov-24-03 14:13:49 PST
Price: Starts at $100.00
To view the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 2443760620

Hi there, I have seen these exact pictures of this exact bike on the scooterworks.com website, are you affiliated with them? I would also like to know about your shipping method.
Thank you,
Matt O

Dear Matt,
My name is Jennifer and I am glad that you are interested in my scooter and I hope that we can close this deal. The scooter is in a perfect condition, always stored inside the garage, and kept out of the sun and rain. The price that I will sell it now is $1000. I will support the shipment via FedEx or DHL and you will receive the scooter in 3-4 days tops. I prefer that the payment will be done throw a bank deposit or money order. If we will use money order we will be able to close this deal in 4 days maximum and I will ship you the scooter the same day that the payment has been done. After you receive the package you will have 2 weeks to inspect the scooter and if are unsatisfied you can send it back and I will give you a full refound.I will wait your mail asap.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply!

Right now I am ONLY interested in Vespas that came with the "Johnson rod
connection chain drive" option. This was a factory option only offered in
1964 as part of Vespa's 175th anniversary "Viva El Duce" performance
package.

Does your 64 GL have this option? Some don't because it was expensive back then and with America in the middle of The Great Depression in '64 alot of people couldn't afford it. But like I said I am ONLY interested in a Vespa with this option. If is does not have it I wouldn't be caught dead riding one of those things. People say that on the ones that don't have the "Johnson rod connection chain drive" the GL stands for "Giant Loser" and then they kick you in the 'nads. But If it does have this option, please tell me so and it will make me giddy and ready to spend all of my money.

And don't forget to send your bank info for money wire transfers.

Thank you,
Matt

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your e-mail. The scooter is in Amsterdam with me. As I told you in my first e-mail I will support the shipment and insurance taxes. I will pay for all the shipping, you will only have to pay the taxes for the payment. I would prefer a wire transfer through Western Union for payment. I will wait your mail with the payment confirmation from Western Union and after I check at http://www.westernunion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and everything is OK I will contact the shipping company to come and pick up the rail. Please send me your full name and address so that I can prepare the package for you. I will send you the package as a gift so that you won't have to pay for the VAT taxes and everything else and I apriciate if you could do the same for me and when you deposit the founds at Western Union tell them that you are sending the money to a cosin or something like that because if you tell them that you are buying something over the internet I will have to pay a 5% tax. Here is my address that you will need at Western Union:
Jennifer Peters
Kalkmarkt 1
1011BC Amsterdam
Netherlands.

Please let me know if you are interested or not because there are other persons interested and I want to know what I have to do. I wait your e-mail asap.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Like I said in my last email I will only buy if it has the Johnson rod connection chain drive option. If it does have it I will pay more than all of the other people interested. I have searched for this bike for many years and have saved alot of money for it, but only for a 1964 GL with the the Johnson rod connection chain drive option, so does it have it??? One more thing, does it have 16" wheels? otherwise known as "Pizza Wheels"? This doesn't matter as much to me as the the Johnson rod connection chain drive option because I can modify it or "grease wheel it with the big pepperoni" as the mods say. But like I said, does it have the the Johnson rod connection chain drive option, YES OR NO?
Thanks,
Matt

Thank you for your e-mail. The scooter has the Johnson rod connection chain drive option and I am happy to let you know that it alsou has 16" wheels. As soon as I have the payment confirmation from you I will contact the shipping company to come and pick up the package and send it to you. Please send me your address so that I can prepare the package. I will wait your e-mail as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Jennifer,

At last I have found my dream bike. I have to send a money order to you because the nearest Western union office to me is in Carson City which is very far and my truck is not working. So tell me where to send it and it will be in the mail today!

One more question: is the johnson rod the 6 inch or the 12 inch? Many people say that the 6 is adequate but for my money the 12 gives a better ride.

Thanks,
Matt

Dear Matt, Thank you for your e-mail. I am glad that we can close this deal. The Johnson is 12 inch and I agree with you this is better them the 6 inch. You can pay me now at http://www.westernunion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with your credit card and as soon as I have the payment confirmation I will call the shipping company to come and pick up the package. Please don't forget the favor that I asked you and I will wait your e-mail as soon as possible.
Best regards

Hi Jennifer,
It sounds like you have some riding experience on the 12 inch johnson rod. I have heard that this is the best size but I have never ridden one. What's it like? some say it can be a bit of a rough ride and I've actually heard of people getting hurt by it, but they always hop right back on!

Now as far as the payment, I don't have a credit card anymore. I had them all canceled because of all the identity theft that's going on these days. Someone from Jamaica just cleaned out my brother's bank account. He's kind of dumb and got tricked into a marijuana pyramid scheme. So I have to either send you a money order or cash in one of those security envelopes. You decide, but I'd rather send the money order because cash can be stolen!
Thanks,
Matt

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your e-mail. Rough ride?? I don't think so but maybe I just got used to it and that's way I don't consider it rough and I have never got hurt. I would prefer to use Western Union services because they are the fastest and I will send you the package the same day that you deposit the money. Could you please tell me what is a marijuana pyramid scheme ? I hope that we will close this deal together.
Best regards,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Well, I guess some people can take the 12" johnson, some can't. Some people are frightened by the mere sight of one and then some can't wait to jump on and bury the throttle. It's all a preference thing. Sounds like you will never bother with a piddly 6" again, you old pro, you. I have seen 14" and 16" johnsons in some movies that my dad has and you would have to be a psycho to get on one of those things...

A marajuana pyramid scheme works just like any other pyramid scheme like Avon where you recruit 5 people to sell stuff for you but they have to buy it from you first and then they each recruit 5 people to sell the same stuff and they have to pay for it first and so on. It looks like a giant pyramid on paper becase you have one guy at the top, five guys under him, 25 guys under them, 125 guys under them and so on. The thing is that each time the stuff goes down another level it goes up in price and the recruits never realize that they are actually the customers and not the sales people, with each level paying more and more. My brother paid $3000 for what amounted to an ounce of oregano and then he tried to recruit me to sell it for 3500!!

Nooooo way, bro, I'm not that dumb. So if a Jamaican guy named Lee scratch Perry asks you into one these schemes, do yourself a favor and say no thanks. Like I said, the nearest western union is too far away, I have to mail it to you.

Thanks,
Carl

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your e-mail. I am sory but the only way that I can close this deal is by Western union and FedEx or DHL services, please let me know if we will close this deal because I have to know, I have other buyers that are ready to buy but I told them that I have a deal with someone and that someone is you. Please let me know if we will close this deal because I have to know what to tell the other buyers. I will wait your e-mail as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Jennifer

Hey Jennifer,
Well I thought about it and I still want, no, must have this machine. I'll get to western union in Carson City tomorrow. My mom and sister are going there tomorrow for a weekly Brazilian wax, whatever that is. I'll tag along with them. We live in a very remote part of Nevada and have to take a train and two busses to get to the city this takes about five hours but for my dream bike I would do anything.

I was also thinking do you still have the '55 Fenderlight 125 for sale? Because I think I want to buy that one, too. I can't really afford it but I know where to get the money. My Grandmother gave me $1000 to pick up her incontinence medicine from the doctor in Carson tomorrow. I was thinking that I could keep the money and put aspirin in the old bottle, She would never know. That stuff doesn't work anyway, believe you me. When I think of all the clean up I've had to do, I deserve that money, damn it. Yeah, if that baby is still for sale I'll take it!!!

Just one question about the '55 fenderlight, Is the engine a slant six or is it the fabled Hemi Tripower? I really hope that it's the Hemi.

Thanks,
Matt

__________________________________________________________________-

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your e-mail. I still have the '55 Fenderlight for sale and If you are interested in buying both I will make you you a a $150 discount so the total amount that you will have to send me is $2050. I am glad that we can close this deal and I am shore that my "baby" will be in good hands. I will wait your e-mail tomorrow with the payment confirmation and after I check it at http://www.westernunion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and everything is OK I will contact the shipping company to come and pick up the packages and send it to you. Please don't forget what I asked you, as I told you I will ship the packages as a gift to a friend and I would really appreciate if you could do the same thing for me. I will wait your e-mail with the payment confirmation tomorrow.
Best regards,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
Whew, what a day! I had to get up at 5:00 this morning to catch the train into Carson City. After two trains and four busses I finally made it back home sweet home. I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for what I did by taking my grandma's medicine money to buy the other scooter. I did buy a new coal shovel up in Carson to deal with the extra mess. Sometimes I think I should just put her in a big plastic bag and cinch it around her neck so just her head is sticking out, then she can go as much as she wants for at least a couple days before anybody had to do anything about it. Oh yeah, I found out what a Brazilian wax is. It looks pretty good on my sister but my mom still looks like she has a bear cub in a scissor lock. Now I know what dad means when he says it's like "Bigfoot's Catchers Mitt".

OK, I'm sure you don't care about my trip to Carson, so on to business...

I opened a new western union account in Carson and deposited $2050.00. The slight problem is that they have restrictions on new accounts in Carson that go back to the prospector days. Because it's a new account and because I want to send a large amount of money overseas I have to get the account verified first and then they send the money right away. I asked do they do this at every western union? and he said no, just in Carson City. Then the guy told me this is because a lot of prospectors were striking it rich in Carson and some of them would try to buy a wife from a catalog of foreign ladies and they would send the money overseas by western union and she would never show up so they made this rule. Dumb prospectors. He said that most of these catalogs came from Belgium. So I said Belgium? I'm not trying to order a wife from someone in Africa, pal, I'm sending money to my friend in Europe.

I made sure that I said I was sending money to a friend, just like you said to.

Well, to make a long story short he said to send you the money the account has to be activated first. So I gave him the money and your name and your information and he put it on hold in an account and told me that the person I'm sending the money to (Jennifer Peters) must send one dollar to that account and that will activate it and the money will be sent according to the information that you gave me, immediately. I think the thing about the ladies and the prospectors is just a bunch of bull. I think maybe he thought I was a terrorist or something, he kept looking up at my head until I said hey buddy, it's not a turban it's a bandage, OK? You'd think the guy had never seen a head injury before. So to get the money send one dollar or whatever you use in Dutch money (no wooden shoes, please!) that equals a dollar to:

Matt O'Manurdum
Carson City, NV
USA

(the NV stands for Nevada)

And as sure as your name is Jennifer Peters, the $2050.00 will get sent to you by the western union in Carson City by computer.

I tell you Jennifer I can't wait for when we close this deal and I'm on one of those scooters.

Does the Fenderlight have a Hemi or a slant six? you didn't tell me in your last email.

My address to send the scooters to is:

Matt O'Manurdum
411 Brokenburro Ln.
Rhyolite, NV
USA

If you are ever in Rhyolite stop in and visit your (my) scooters!!!

Thanks for the great Deal,
Matt

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your e-mail. I don't think of you as a bad person I understand you very well because I have to take care of my grandma and I understand you very well what you are saying. I am sorry that you had such a long trip and that you had troubles at western union. Please try to explain to me again what happened there. For me to check the transfer I will need the all the exact informations that you used (sender's and receiver's name and the MTCN). I hope that everything will work out. I will wait your e-mail as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Jennifer

P.S. I almost forgot the engine is the fabled Hemi Tripower.

Hi Jay-P,

Look, you need to send one dollar through western union like this:

Sender: Jennifer Peters

Receiver: Matt O'Manurdum, Carson City, Nevada (NV)

And this will tell western union you are o.k. and then they will release the money I gave them to you and you will find it in a search on the web site under this:

Receiver's Name: Jennifer Peters

Sender's Name: Matt O'Manurdum

There is no MTCN number yet because nothing has been sent yet, they are holding the money waiting for you to send the dollar.

It's up to you now, please send the dollar and I will be happy.

Please Jennifer, I just want to be happy once in my life. I think I have scurvy.

Thank You and have a nice day,
Simon

Dear Matt,
I send one dollar today and nothing came to me. Do you have everthing right with western union? Please email asap to close this deal.
Best regards,
Jennifer

THANKS FOR THE BUCK YOU STUPID FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because, I needed a laugh today

and mayby some of you do, too
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.
Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!

Re: Craigslist Awesomeness

Post by Mk3 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 pm

I did indeed need a laugh, and you delivered. Thanks a buck.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."