PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

POINTED STICKS!

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.

IS THAT A KINFE IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?

It's my Benchmde, bitch.
9%
It's my Spyderco, sucka.
11%
It's my Cold Steel shank, skank.
6%
It's my Gerber Applegate, asshole!
2%
That's my MicroTek, micro dick.
No votes
It's my Buck, BEE-YOTCH!
13%
It's much more exotic, you cretin. You've never heard of the manufacturer of my GODDAM LIGHTSABER!
16%
I've no idea. It's a knife. Who cares?
16%
I don't cary a knife. That really is just my dick.
28%

Total votes: 64

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

POINTED STICKS!

Post by Jaeger » Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Ok, knives, actually. Please forgive me knife-geeking out for a moment, but I'm curious:

I know a bunch of y'all carry a knife on your person -- I'd warrant most of us do. I've carried a Benchmade AFCK 800 since I graduated university in 1996 -- actually, wore one out and retired it, and have two identical ones I rotate through use. Picked up a Spyderco Endura -- same setup (thumb hole, tip-down carry) -- and have been pretty impressed with it, though the lock isn't as strong. (Would like to hear feedback on these in particular.)

For going to the office, I picked up a "prettier" knife -- a Sypderco Kopa (also thumb hole, tip-down), which is a much smaller blade, and has wood handles. Again, quite surprised with the quality of the blade and fit 'n' finish.

So... what's your daily/preferred carry knife? I'm particularly interested in people's experiences with the Endura.

--Jaeger

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

mtne
Holy DAG Master

Post by mtne » Wed May 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Emerson CQC7 wave
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
07' KTM 950 SE
08' Husky TE610 - Everything a KLR wants to be...
Yeah I'm a Bike Slut in remission
SmugMug pictures here, Save $5 when you join SmugMug by using this coupon zu0heHHhx9sjM
http://www.bikeshareworld.com

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Damnit! Forgot Emerson!

D'oh.

There are gonna be a bunch of other makers I've forgotten. Oh well.

Buddy of mine's carried a CQC7 since Benchmade was making 'em. Great blades.

And I have another Endura with the Wave thing... pretty neat, unless you DON'T want to open the knife when you take it out.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

ejworthen
Magnum Jihad

Post by ejworthen » Wed May 27, 2009 3:46 pm

I carry one of these. Small and holds an edge well. Nothing exotic, but I always have it with me. Its says Zippo on it but I would guess it's made by someone else.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Wed May 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Actually, it's my CRKT. Damn good knife too (now all I need is competent legal advice and I'm set!).
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Ames wrote:Actually, it's my CRKT. Damn good knife too (now all I need is competent legal advice and I'm set!).
i'll take that as an insult.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Right now I carry around a Columbia River M16-10K:

I kinda wish I got the next larger size (which is M16-14K I think) because the handle feels small in my hand. It has a 3" blade and it's super light & thin. I never know it's in my pocket, because of that I might still choose to grab this one over a bigger one if I had both. It's holding up fine, but I haven't had it too long- 9 months or so I guess.
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Wed May 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Sheffield utility lockback. http://sheffield-tools.com/premium-lock ... ml?cPath=2 I use my knife a lot, every day, on shit that would have me sharpening every night after work, so I went through a few of the husky utilities before running across one of these. Solid little knife that's lasted a couple years. Even survived a 100' drop onto gravel.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Mask
Magnum Jihad

Post by Mask » Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Mostly carry a Benchmade Griptilian 551, but I also carry a Spyderco Native.

The Native is my first Spyderco, good knife for the price, but I'm still partial to Benchmades with a thumbstud and the axis lock.

thack
Magnum Jihad

Post by thack » Wed May 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Spyderco Harpy and a Leatherman New Wave. And sometimes something in my boot that's pointy other than my toes.

Flatline
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Flatline » Wed May 27, 2009 4:56 pm

I've been a huge fan of Spyderco since I got my first Delica. Currently, I have 6 Spydercos. I've been carrying the 50/50 Military for almost 7 years now. It's held up to all kinds of shit I've done to it and still sharpens up like a champ. It's been my EDC and I love it. I can't praise Spyderco enough. Their sharpener is tits as well. Really works well for the serrations on knives too.

I also carry the Benchmade punchdagger that I've used as my cover all utility knife. Beat to hell after a couple of years so it's about time to retire that one. Very happy with it and would replace it when the time finally comes.

My favorite knife that I've ever owned so far is my Strider though. It has got to be the toughest, most reliable knife that I have ever owned. It's hard to come up with a reason to carry a fix blade even if the blade is only 3 inches long, but while I was serving, it was great to have on me. The price tag on Striders is pretty steep, but it's worth every penny. I'm on the fence about getting the karambit or maybe a Microtech.

If you want a little, sneaky one, I really dig Hide Away Knife. I have two of them and really dig 'em. Check it: http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php

In case you didn't notice...I really like knives.
You build it, we break it.

rubber buccaneer
Magnum Jihad

Post by rubber buccaneer » Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Winchester 1335. Nothing fancy but it works.

For those back country camping trips ? straight edge ka-bar :mrgreen:

———————
keeper of the man-t-hose™️

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 pm

I've got several knives.

These two are in rotation currently.....

CRKT K.I.S.S.

Benchmade H&K Ally
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

rolly
Tim Horton hears a Who?

Post by rolly » Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Oh, pointed sticks, not Pointed Sticks [sigh]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/anCA_XXO9tM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/anCA_XXO9tM&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

On topic:
I just use whatever bottle is in my hand currently. Doubles as anaesthetic, and useful for cleaning any wounds accrued as well.

JustNate
Barista of Doom

Post by JustNate » Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Embrace the SOG:

I also have a CRKT M16-14
It's okay for an inexpensive pig poker.

A Benchmade Griptillian
A daily carrier.

A good old school Buck
I still love it.
I am the El Duce performance package!

bndgkmf
The Statutory Ape

Post by bndgkmf » Wed May 27, 2009 5:28 pm

I thought this was about 9mm pistols. Anywho, CRKT M-16 is pretty good had about three of them. And, of course the Swiss Army knife.
Cultus Diabolus, Laus ut Flamma, Cultus Obscurum, Amplexus Fatum

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Wed May 27, 2009 5:31 pm

OPINEL, BEECHES!!!

Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

monstergirl
Barista of Doom

Post by monstergirl » Wed May 27, 2009 5:59 pm

I don't have a regular knife and I don't have a dick. Where is the "none of the above" option??
You guys sure are good at chasing the girls away.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 pm

guitargeek wrote:OPINEL, BEECHES!!!

You must eat a lot of cheese.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:You must eat a lot of cheese.
No more than the average American.

The knife was a gift from my friend, Pierre. Simple, elegant design, excellent steel that holds a wicked edge!
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Wed May 27, 2009 7:37 pm

fuck you fags and your pansy ass steel...

this was me last weekend.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9isMwsQiQrg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9isMwsQiQrg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and we do have better health benefits.
thats a sweet bike.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 pm

monstergirl wrote:I don't have a regular knife and I don't have a dick.

That should be your sig.

:lol:
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

UndertheGun
Barista of Doom

Post by UndertheGun » Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 pm

I always have my kershaw leek on me and more often than not something leatherman-esque in my pack or on me.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:10 am

Benchmade Mel Pardue 350 BST

Best knife I've ever owned. Of course before this it was $30 Gerbers... :)
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu May 28, 2009 4:41 am

Guess I am the only one with a classic Buck lockback knife with some cheesy woodland scrimshaw on the handle. I normally carry a leatherman because at work I use the shit out of it. Generally I carry the buck for nothing more than comfort. Which begs the question Jeager, what happens in your office that you need a knife? Lots of boxes to open?
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

ghost
High Kommand

Post by ghost » Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 am

In the past, I carried a series of cheap folding box cutters. The blades would occasionally outlast the bodies (which is saying something, and not something good). After I lost the last one, I quit replacing them.

So yeah. Now it's just my dick.
Loud pipes impede cell phone conversations.

GOSTAZ
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by GOSTAZ » Thu May 28, 2009 6:07 am

I never forget to bring my dick, but sometimes I roll knifeless. A succession of Spyderco's have answered the call admirably, and the model I have, black sheath, natural blade, and a pocket clip? Fantastic for everyday stuff. Has been around for about 3 years in my pocket, and nary a drama with the exception of the clip unscrewing, but loctite solved that. The joy of this knife is it's fit in my rather large hands. The easy open hole that is simply built just makes me happy. It works very well. All the time.

No hate for anything else, in fact, now I have a yen to go look at stuff... damn you hardware junky freaks!!!
Primitive and Useless

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu May 28, 2009 6:27 am

Gostaz -- so no problems with the lock failing on the Spydercos uncer "normal conditions," eh? Good to know.

Part of this is I'm trying to get away from the more expensive knives -- the Benchmades are awesome knives and all, but I'm very prone to breaking or loosing such things. It's much less traumatic to replace a $70 blade than a $150+ blade, y'know?

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

GOSTAZ
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by GOSTAZ » Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 am

Jaeger wrote:Gostaz -- so no problems with the lock failing on the Spydercos uncer "normal conditions," eh? Good to know.

Part of this is I'm trying to get away from the more expensive knives -- the Benchmades are awesome knives and all, but I'm very prone to breaking or loosing such things. It's much less traumatic to replace a $70 blade than a $150+ blade, y'know?

--Jaeger
I would never try to sell you this knife as a personal protection device, but as a tool for general use? Perfection. If you really want a knife as a weapon? I would have to say that the choice I would make is a one piece sheath knife that would probably live in the boot or on the ankle. My knife technique needs lots of work, but if you don't ever want it to fail? Full tang, one piece, cold rolled is the way to go.

You can slice someone all day long with a Spyderco... but that split second stuff? Yank and stick is way faster than yank, click, and stick. Beauty of a sheath on the ankle or in the boot is that knife is double sided. No confusion. Point and cut. No upside down, right side up, just pure rock and roll. In my 43 years on the planet, only used a knife to defend myself once, and it was a spyderco. Nothing was sliced, but when I broke it down in my head? If it had been full-on? I would not be here. I pulled the spyderco, and ended up cold cocking the fuckweed that was trying to grab me, and the spyderco was more of a fistpack than a knife. Thank god it was just a drunk idiot.
Primitive and Useless

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 am

goose wrote:
Ames wrote:Actually, it's my CRKT. Damn good knife too (now all I need is competent legal advice and I'm set!).
i'll take that as an insult.
No insult intended, you're out there in Shakeyland and I'm sucking thin air, plus I couldn't afford your retainer. :lol:
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.