PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

POINTED STICKS!

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.

IS THAT A KINFE IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?

It's my Benchmde, bitch.
9%
It's my Spyderco, sucka.
11%
It's my Cold Steel shank, skank.
6%
It's my Gerber Applegate, asshole!
2%
That's my MicroTek, micro dick.
No votes
It's my Buck, BEE-YOTCH!
13%
It's much more exotic, you cretin. You've never heard of the manufacturer of my GODDAM LIGHTSABER!
16%
I've no idea. It's a knife. Who cares?
16%
I don't cary a knife. That really is just my dick.
28%

Total votes: 64

Jakwriter
Lurker

Post by Jakwriter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 am

Benchmade Griptilian. Second one. Lost the first in a catastrophic pocket failure brought on by heavy bushwhacking. Simple, sharp, easy to maintain.

Much more useful than a Glock.

We regret most those things we don't do.
Except for maybe talking.

No one rides a motorcycle to be safe.

kam
Magnum Jihad

Post by kam » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I carry more than one knife, but I'm a Silat wierdo.

CRKT Heiho, awesome assisted folder, thats knife #1.

I also carry a SPYDERCO PACIFIC SALT BLACK BLADE ~ C91BBK, its rust proof H1 steel, so it takes and holds a nasty edge, but isn't a pain in the ass to sharpen like stainless.
"There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games." - Ernest Hemingway
"Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" - Anton Chigurh

'08 versys aka big red bitch

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

[quote="Jakwriter"][/quote]

And you are....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

piccini9
Everybody dies. It's a love story.

Post by piccini9 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:46 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Jakwriter wrote:

And you are....
A sales rep for Benchmade?
Adding pink and unicorns makes everything better.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:59 pm

piccini9 wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:
Jakwriter wrote:

And you are....
A sales rep for Benchmade?

That'd be good. We won't have to send him a kit....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Metalredneck
Largely Uncontroversial

Post by Metalredneck » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 am

Kershaw Amphibian. My ol' diving escape knife.
Done.

Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

Post by Beemer Dan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Bugger! This thread again..... last time I ended up killing a day or two knife shopping :lol:

My current carry list is a Spyderco Harpy (going on 16 years, has some dings and chips, still cuts through metal tho)

a wee Victronox (I keep 4-5 of these around at home in case I lose one):

Standard Leatherman that I've carried for 22 years. Although I've been looking at getting one of the newer ones I've not gotten around to it.

I picked up a nice one of these the last time I was in Mexico, but I don't carry it often:

For $20 it's one of the best quality knives I own. I've been looking to get a few more of these but the quality (when you can find them in the US) is generally crap.
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Beemer Dan wrote:
I picked up a nice one of these the last time I was in Mexico, but I don't carry it often:

For $20 it's one of the best quality knives I own. I've been looking to get a few more of these but the quality (when you can find them in the US) is generally crap.

I got me one o' the Made in Italy versions...

An old roommate left it behind when I lived in SF
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:47 am

Beemer Dan wrote:Image
Nice! Alaways liked that model.

I carry the CRKT Edgie everyday. Used to carry the Swiss Army knife I've had since 2nd grade but after almost losing it twice, I stopped carrying it.

Good utility knife that sharpens it's self.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

Post by Beemer Dan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:23 pm

My stiletto/switch has "made in Italy" on it, but I would have paid more if it had "made in Tijuana", that would be badass.

The CRKTs look really nice, good weight to them as well. I'm betting they have the same problem that the Spyderco's have, in that they last so long that you never need to replace them, hence no good excuse to buy more knives :(

I really want to get one of these:

and I miss my old police model, that one was perfect!
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Have had mine for 15 years as a backup for my dick.

Have never needed backup yet.
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

piccini9

Post by piccini9 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Lately I've been carrying tis badass Gerber.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 am

piccini9 wrote:Lately I've been carrying tis badass Gerber.
The yellow ones are for pussies. Go Purple and no one will get close to messing with you.
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 am

Odd, old assortment.

Left: Hibben throwing knives: I'm more apt to throw one into my foot than hit a target.
Camillus U.S.N. Mark 1 (Western Cutlery sheath): sometimes used when hiking.
Leatherman Blast: has been on my belt lately.

Middle: Victorinox Mauser, was used for camping but not recently. I've since learned that corkscrews are an unnecessary feature if you need to open a bottle of wine. Has a saw blade too.
Camillus Lev-R-Lock: used to carry daily years ago, but the lock was easily depressed when holding the knife, and the blade almost closed on my fingers a few times. Opening it with the lever was fun though.
Gerber EAB: used for a while. Uses utility knife blades.
Two scary Gerbers.
Leatherman Surge: lots of features, but HEAVY.

Right: Victorinox SwissCard. Resides in wallet. Usually forgotten about. Knife blade, scissors, pen, tweezers, toothpick, file and a pin.
Opinel No. 8: Has been carried in pocket for past week. It's an older one that locks open, but doesn't lock closed. Worried about reaching for it in my pocket and finding it partially opened.
Buck Rush: What I usually carry. Opens very quickly, easily, and locks solidly into place.
Gerber something or other. Was a warranty replacement. Used the former Gerber for years.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Rabbit_Fighter
Keeper of the Lava

Post by Rabbit_Fighter » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:24 am

I had heard a story about Dan, Stilletos, and Tijuana once. Tequila, fishnet stockings, and a donkey were also involved, so maybe that's a different story.
"no.
motorcycle the finality not is
motorcycle merely medium to achieve action of riding
motorcycle tool to bend space and time and overcome your own limitations as a mortal
riding more important than medium
spirit by object cannot be beaten."

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 am

Rabbit_Fighter wrote:I had heard a story about Dan, Stilletos, and Tijuana once. Tequila, fishnet stockings, and a donkey were also involved, so maybe that's a different story.
\
I have heard he's menacing in his stillettos.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a few:

These are two of my favorites:

#############
"My new spleen came from a guy who liked the motorcycle" - Philip J. Frye

09 KLR (Gonzo)
03 SV650 (Crouchy Von Spine-Mangler)
02 KTM 640 (The Homewrecker)

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm a bit of a sharpening geek too.

#############

09 KLR (Gonzo)

srg
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by srg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:12 pm

as far as blades go, i have a POS machete that is really bendy and thin, and splattered with what looks like black paint. The handle is also not all that impressive. i will replace it with a gerber gator machete. Ultimately, i hope to eventually have a More Elegant Weapon, from a More Civilized Age

however, in the meantime, ive been looking at ;;

Cold Steel Double Agent II Plain Edge Knife

this little guy is certainly an attention grabbing little bad motherfucker; concealable, but also mean-looking. The rings are a nice feature, but i wouldn't wanna have it on me when having to deal with (paranoid) cops (or well, anything they would regard as 'suspicious', which is getting to be just about everything, and would likely result in matching bracelets and a free ride to the not-nice motel.)

Ka-Bar Full-Size USMC Serrated Edge Knife

a sturdy, evocative knife; in service since WWII, and has been used and abused, and still come out strong and sharp. im not sure if you can go wrong with a knife developed by the US military, for the US Military.

im also in the market for good khukuris (note the spelling, as opposed to Kukri or Kukrhi)
'It's the quiet ones you have to worry about . . . .' :mrgreen:

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 am

Funny someone would resurrect this thread.

Anyway, check out the convo HERE.

For the past couple of years I've switched to carrying one of a couple of those pens. I have two of the "Tuffwriters" (one full size -- which is quite long -- and another regular length) and one SureFire clicker pen, which is in my pocket here at work while I write this.

A few of things I've discovered:

1) The pen goes anywhere. Planes, courthouses, whatever.

2) The pen is actually a bit easier to carry -- it's smaller, less bulky, and lighter.

3) Having trained with the pen/yawara for a while now, it's quite natural, and fits in well with most martial styles.

4) The pen deploys very quickly with a little practice.

5) These pens (especially the Tuffwriters) are seriously built like tanks. It might be possible to hurt one, but I don't know how yet, and it would require a LOT of force.

6) It's really convenient to always have a pen. :)

I still carry a small pocket knife virtually everywhere (save airplanes, courthouses, etc.) but they're very much "tools" not "weapons." That said, I've received really weird looks from people (usually co-workers) when I magically produce a knife to open a box or whatever. I mean, the thing has a >2" blade fer chrissakes, yet people still get weirded out! WTF?

Anyway. Living where I live, doing what I do, and going where I go, the hassle of trying to deal with carrying a big pig sticker far outweighs the potential usefulness of a knife as a defensive weapon. I still train with one, but not very much any more (focusing on yawara techniques!).

If I knew I was going to get into a fight... well, I'd bring a fucking gun. Barring that, I'd prefer a knife to a pen. However, I live in a very safe neighborhood and the likelihood of being attacked is very small. I also live in an area that is so infested with po-po (state, local, Federal, and DSS) that I'm much more likely to get hassled for a big pigsticker than I am to need to defend myself.

C'est la vie.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

piccini9

Re: POINTED STICKS!

Post by piccini9 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 pm

I made this a couple days ago. I call it Fender. Was going to make a bigger one as a companion piece, but the landlord came by today and chopped p all the good sticks in my yard.

It's maple. :D
-roadmissile

JoJoLesh
Magnum Jihad

Post by JoJoLesh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Very good P. Nice wood selection too. Going to fire harden her?
"Be careful that in casting out your devils, you do not cast out the best thing within you – Nietzsche

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 am

Jealous.
#############

09 KLR (Gonzo)

piccini9

Post by piccini9 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 am

I'm googling techniques for fire hardening now. Quillon and handle may get a glue/string wrap.
-roadmissile

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:49 am

piccini9 wrote:I'm googling techniques for fire hardening now. Quillon and handle may get a glue/string wrap.
Don't forget to temper it at 400F for at least an hour or it'll be brittle.
#############

09 KLR (Gonzo)

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm

piccini9 wrote:I'm googling techniques for fire hardening now. Quillon and handle may get a glue/string wrap.

Glue/string won't be strong enough. You need maple welding rods. But if you are going to temper it, weld it first. Quench in maple syrup.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

JoJoLesh
Magnum Jihad

Post by JoJoLesh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm

May I suggest leather strips, rawhide, or sinew. May be aesthetically more pleasing.
"Be careful that in casting out your devils, you do not cast out the best thing within you – Nietzsche

piccini9

Post by piccini9 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 am

I love you guys.
-roadmissile

thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

Post by thrasherbill » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm

The bigger one I made in grade 9 metal shop. The teacher caught me and told me I could finish the handles as long as I left the blade at home and didn't assemble it in class. The blade is the finest Hong Kong steel (that's sarcasm) and the whole thing weighs a ton. Won't hold an edge worth a damn and would probably be of more use as a hammer than a knife. The small one I found at a flea market for $5. The blade is 1.5" although I think it might have been longer at some point.
KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder

boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by boz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Surprised Kershaw wasn't on the list. I love my partially serrated Kershaw Blur. My well worn original was confiscated by NY's finest despite legally carrying it. My current issue sees less use but still gets opened a couple times a week.
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.