PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by calamari kid » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Moving, for the second time in 6 months. FML

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:14 pm

To paraphrase from the German:
Better burned-down once than move twice.
Got matches?

I do not envy you.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

GeekGrl
Magnum Jihad

Post by GeekGrl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 pm

calamari kid wrote:Moving, for the second time in 6 months. FML
Ugh. Why? And to where? We miss you up in Seattle!
"This is what I do, darlin'. This is what I do." -- Mal Reynolds

'09 Triumph Bonneville
'02 Suzuki GZ250 (sold, may it have new journeys)

Tales from a solo ride: http://www.waywardrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm

GeekGrl wrote:
calamari kid wrote:Moving, for the second time in 6 months. FML
Ugh. Why? And to where? We miss you up in Seattle!
Well the timeline goes something like this. Back in October, wife gets gig in Oly after not having worked for about a year. The week before we planned to move down, my job in Seattle bounced a paycheck, didn't have funds to cover the next paycheck, and subsequently had all their assets seized by the IRS. So I'm out around 6k, not counting a couple months worth of expenses and mileage. Oh well, I figure it just means I won't have to shuttle back and forth while hunting a new gig in Oly. I'd been planning to move on anyway, was just waiting to see where she landed before starting to look. Job market isn't as good down here for IT, and I'm still not working when her job falls through a few weeks back. So everything's going into storage and we'll be shacking up with family for a bit 'til we get things sorted. On the upside, I've already had a couple hits on my resume now that I'm shopping the Seattle market again. Got an interview on Tues. Fingers crossed.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Good luck with the interview!
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 pm

I made a bunch of ugly but effective welds, sticking the core support back on my car, then bolted on one fender.

Then I worked on my banjo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

Waiting for my cat to come in, it's shitty out and he only has three legs and all. Thinking I should also register the SV I bought in December and get it plated. Should replace the chain too, but I need to take my recyclable stainless in to get the money for all that.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Just finished eating a cherry pomegranate poptart. Gonna go put some clove oil on my bum tooth. Back to court in the morning....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Enjoying a drink called the Honey Badger. Trying to figure out if anyone I know owns a router...

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Good luck with the interview!
Thanks man. Made a good connection with the guy, but not sure I'm what they're looking for. Hopefully be hearing about the next level interview in a day or two.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 am

Been troubleshooting a bad O2 sensor on my wife's Jeep. Got a check engine light, code indicates either a bad O2 or MAF sensor, look under the hood and discover the O2 sensor pigtail has been cut off at the sensor itself, and to make matters worse there is no harness end to plug one into. Years back I had the engine replaced due to a blown head gasket. I suppose if the replacement were an earlier engine, the shop could have cut off the pigtail from the original O2 sensor as it was not necessary on the replacement. :?

This has been maddening as I am at a stage where I need to be scrubbing my XJ700 engine cases but I have spent the last two nights under the hood and below the chassis (and I am grateful it has enough room to easily crawl underneath) trying to find the missing harness plug.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:35 am

Going to pick up my new glasses now.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 am

"Remodeling" the shop...

Useless shelves -

Shelves b gone-

Odd, oversized bench-

Ready for paint and big metal workbenches-
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:18 am

New glasses. Not quite as cool as the trial glasses the doc had me wear. Left eye is a million times better, like seeing the world in HD (I was slightly short-sighted before the accident already). Right eye looks barely any different with or without the glasses, but I've got not much left there, so it might be just something my brain must get used to, or it might be incorrigible. Refraction on the left is 110 somethings, apparently, but only 70 on the right. But the trial prism-foil is a bit useful. I still see bit double, but not as much as without the glasses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 am

I ended up with a sizable amount of prism in my lenses a few years ago for no apparent reason. Have very little correction otherwise but really miss my contacts. It was surprising how much the double vision made stuff difficult.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am

I've been pretty busy unfucking my car from the latest deerstrike...
007.jpg
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:01 am

Did the deer get what they want, or did management get in scabs?

...sorry, sorry. It's tasteless, those situations are dangerous, fixing a car is time consuming and costly, not to mention inconvenient. But that one just came to mind. I'm a bad person.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Working, or more specifically, watching other people work. Its good to be the king. 8)
-Davros

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm

DerGolgo wrote:Did the deer get what they want, or did management get in scabs?
organised labour is dead in the USA
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 pm

back on topic, looking for work
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Squashed a bug. Thanks to the internets, I was able to identify the deceased as a pseudoscorpion. I now feel sorry for squashing said pseudoscorpion. Should I happen upon another psyudoscorpion, I shall leave it to it's business, attacking and eating things I'd rather not have invading my home. In the meantime, I will shame myself for not having respect for the clawed creature now wrapped in a tissue.

Queuing up Dexter, Season 3, and hydrating with way too much Apothic Red, forking into what has to be a 3 pound bowl of saifun with way too many ingredients.

Rant ahead. Disregard.
Spoiler
Show
I'm also hating on home improvement. Fuck you The Home Depot with your "Let's Do this", and fuck you Lowes with your "Never Stop Improving". I hate you both with your false hope. Had I riches, my idea of home improvement would be handing wad of cash money to some guy holding a brush, his name on a van, his coveralls covered with paint and caulk and Sheetrock™. I mean, how incredibly cruel having me progress from one area to the next, maintaining consistency, with a mind that tends to wander here and there.

Fine, I get saving labour (sp) cost and the satisfaction of doing something yourself, but fuck me, I should have never suggested removing the old wallpaper and painting the dinning room. With warm weather (read: riding) approaching, is now really the time to learn about patching big (and I mean BIG) fucking holes in the wall, joint compound and it's properties, it's resultant dust which has covered every surface in this house, about Kilz primer and it's quality of sinking into the deepest crevases of my fingers, never to be gotten out again, about "taping" and "cutting in" and... mon dieu! Go to college kids, if only for the singular reason to have professionals do your home improvement later on.

Regardless, the dining room has gone from a hideous three-tone papered motif to straight up "Guacamole" green. Home improvement, they say. (I didn't pick the color)

Just pulled a meatloaf from the oven. Because forethought is... I don't know, Google a quote for yourself... I'm sure forethought has to account for something. The lump of meat will be there in the refrigerator, ready for quick disbursement for a greedy, hungry family. Eat, offspring, for through your mother's wages I provide sustenance.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:23 am

Welded some aluminum for the first time since taking a tig class in 08. I've had some time with a tig machine since then but only with steel. I could have used more heat & gotten better penetration but I was more worried about blowing a hole through it since it only needs to hold paper. It looks reasonable & actually holds water so I'm happy.

but the highlight of my week was teaching a few kids from the democratic republic of congo how to skateboard like real american delinquents.
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am

Man, I could've really used a shield gas when doing the welds on my core support! Just using flux core wire makes for some uuuuuuugly welds...

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:45 am

yeah, I hate everything about flux core. I made a goat cart recently with flux core & I ain't jumping to show that off to anyone... Lately in class I've been doing a lot of overhead welding with flux and as a result I've learned several new dance moves.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 pm

I understand that flux core with a shield gas is better than either alone...

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Hehe, I welded once, at university. The whole class got to weld to little bits of steel together. The professor then wanted to demonstrate how welding weakens the material around and, if stressed, the piece would break not at the weld, but right next to it. I volunteered my work for the demo. The professor was a bit dumbfounded that he had to repeat the demonstration. Mine didn't break, it bent, hehe.

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:47 am

guitargeek wrote:I understand that flux core with a shield gas is better than either alone...
I've done a good deal of that, the benefit is in a different wire that contains elements in the flux that react with the metal resulting in a stronger molecular composition. It's just as nasty to use & isn't any more aesthetically pleasing than plain flux core, but it welds significantly hotter & is the way to go on thick material, especially if multiple passes are required. It's common to do initial solid core welds (no slag to risk contamination, puts down a base to enable hotter welding without blowing out) followed with one or more dual shielded passes which penetrate better.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:11 pm

More or less done.

beck
Magnum Jihad

Post by beck » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:08 pm

As always. . Very good work my luthier friend.
Everything fun causes cancer, road rash, pregnancy, addiction, skin discoloration, broken bones, carpal tunnel, sprained eyeballs, rugburns, sideburns, exploding friends, insurance claims, insanity, etc... You can either lie safely in wait to shufflel'd off this mortall coile, or jerk it off hard and fast. Live life to the fullest, and use lots of lube

Beemer Dan.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 pm

I took it over to my buddy's house, blazed it through his Marshall Super Lead 100 half stack.
It actually sounded pretty good! Not as much feedback as I expected...