Fred Phelps is [s]dying[/s] dead

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Fred Phelps is [s]dying[/s] dead

Post by 12ci » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 pm

will the Westboro Church picket his funeral ?
TOPEKA, Kan. — The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., who founded a Kansas church widely known for its protests at military funerals and its anti-gay sentiments, is in a care facility, according to a church spokesman.
Phelps, 84, is being cared for in a Shawnee County facility, Westboro Baptist Church spokesman Steve Drain said Sunday. Drain would not identify the facility.

now, this is interesting:
Nate Phelps, an estranged son of Fred Phelps, said in an e-mail to the Topeka Capital-Journal that members of Westboro have voted Fred Phelps out of the church.

Nate Phelps, who broke away from the church 37 years ago, told the newspaper that church members became concerned after the vote that his father might harm himself, and they moved him out of the church, where he and his wife had lived for years. Fred Phelps was moved into a house, where he “basically stopped eating and drinking,” Nate Phelps said.
the WaPo article is HERE

so whats it mean when your own disciples vote you out ?

if in fact they tossed him out, and that triggered a life endangering depression, will anyone face charges ? elder abuse ?

how about after he dies ?
Last edited by 12ci on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

today you decide what tomorrow will bring

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Re: Fred Phelps is dying

Post by guitargeek » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:03 pm

I predict that the Patriot Guard Riders will show up and prevent people from protesting his funeral.
Last edited by guitargeek on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Oh yeah, Jesus loves ya. So much, if you're in danger of harming yourself, it's his will you be isolated from all you worked for in your life and your entire, closed social group.
This quite matches the particular brand of "Christianity", doesn't it. Love? Compassion? No, DO AS WE SAY!
I'm an atheist, I have a history of ill feelings towards Christianity in particular. But these shits make me want to point out that they aren't Christians. This, if nothing else, proves it.
I shouldn't feel sorry for this hateful bigot, he made his own bed there. But I kinda do. What the fuck is wrong with me.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm

12ci wrote:will the Westboro Church picket his funeral ?
guitargeek wrote:I predict that the Patriot Guard Riders will show up and prevent people from protesting his funeral.
One can only hope.

DerGolgo wrote:What the fuck is wrong with me.
In this instance, at least, not a goddamn thing.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm not above doing a bit of grave-dancing. IMO this is long overdue and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm

I want nothing to happen. No Patriot Guard, no media trucks, no news stories, no protesters. I want the WBC deprived of all they seek.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Zim wrote:I want nothing to happen. No Patriot Guard, no media trucks, no news stories, no protesters. I want the WBC deprived of all they seek.

Ditto

I may do my own little happy dance though...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

rc26
The Devil's Banana

Post by rc26 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 am

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Fred.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Stole it.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 am

Was in Topeka over the weekend and the word on the street is that this may be the undoing of their insane clan posse. Phelps preached that non of them could die, literally. So imagine the shock. It also seems that family members are also leaving the church now that Grandpa is dying.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

beck
Magnum Jihad

Post by beck » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:52 am

As a born and raised kansan.... I am ashamed to be even remotely associated with this...

Good riddance.
Everything fun causes cancer, road rash, pregnancy, addiction, skin discoloration, broken bones, carpal tunnel, sprained eyeballs, rugburns, sideburns, exploding friends, insurance claims, insanity, etc... You can either lie safely in wait to shufflel'd off this mortall coile, or jerk it off hard and fast. Live life to the fullest, and use lots of lube

Beemer Dan.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 am

Dead.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am

I'm oddly ambivalent about this news.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/com ... s-funeral/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 am

Ding dong, the witch is dead. The wicked witch is dead....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

JoJoLesh
Magnum Jihad

Post by JoJoLesh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Maybe I am thick,
Maybe I have not been following this as much as I should,
But does anyone know WHY he was kicked out?
"Be careful that in casting out your devils, you do not cast out the best thing within you – Nietzsche