Acoustic bike culture in Cuba

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Acoustic bike culture in Cuba

Post by calamari kid » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:15 pm

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Re: Acoustic bike culture in Cuba

Post by Pattio » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 am

Neat. Thanks for sharing.
-Pattio-

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am

now that their r electric bikes normal ones r called acoustic

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:57 pm

I really enjoyed that. It's an interesting aspect of the Cuban isolation issue. I've seen variations on the theme before involving motorcycles and cars. Cuba has become for mechanicals what New Zealand was for evolution. Just isolate and make due long enough and see what comes out of it!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Post by Pattio » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:57 am

2XSL wrote:now that their r electric bikes normal ones r called acoustic
I guess its one of our many UTMC inside jokes, but yes. Since 'bike' is a good and useful term for motorbikes, motor scooters, and pedal bikes, we use 'acoustic' to talk about the human-powered ones.
-Pattio-

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 am

oh no i nkow

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 am

I love how nothing is wasted because almost nothing can be replaced with new. Have to rebuiild, recycle, restore. It's a value that is lost in our modern America. I too suffer from it. Makes me re-think my ways.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9