Unthinkably Terribly Miserably Cold

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Unthinkably Terribly Miserably Cold

Post by Jaeger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:31 pm

This sucks.

It got down to 2degF here last night (before wind).

Now it's snowing. A lot.

It's even to cold to go in the garage and look at the bikes. :shock:

--Jaeger

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: Unthinkably Terribly Miserably Cold

Post by Jaeger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:38 pm

BTW, Sisyphys, you out there? Y'all are getting hammered.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

The only reason I've been out to the garage is to use the snowblower. Which has been often.

It got up to 17 here today and almost felt warm.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:13 pm

This would probably be a bad time to mention we're having record highs in Seattle, right? Damn near 70 in spots around the area for the last few days. I don't know what to think.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

UndertheGun
Barista of Doom

Post by UndertheGun » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:40 pm

In OlyWa it's only getting up into the low 60s. Nowhere near Seattle.

Seriously, being in the NE doesn't look like a ton fun at the moment. May your pipes stay thawed and your beer supply sufficient.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 am

Update: only about 4" here overnight so we're not too buried, but there's more on the way later this week, and the forecast says Thursday will see lows in the negatives before windchill.

Fuck this noise. This is getting into MN/WI weather. I didn't sign up for this shit! This is the Chesapeake Region, we get cold but not THAT cold.

Still no word from Sisyphus, I see. I hear the folks up in Maine got pounded -- hurricane-like snow conditions. :shock:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:59 am

You know what we call snow plows riding 3 wide down the expressway and school closed because the temp won't crest 0*F (not to even speak of windchill) in Chicago?

A Thursday.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.
Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!

Post by Mk3 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:28 pm

NoDak schools keep right on rocking at -20F. So I left.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm

i can't stop thinking about which plants will survive and which won't.

the redwood and fig barely made it last year...i think they may be goners now.
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:00 am

Shit we got into the 20's last night, but we have had such warm weather lately we left our plants outside. Fuck fuck fuck, I have had those plumeria too damn long to lose them now...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Caliann
Slutty Feminazi

Post by Caliann » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I call it "Global Weirding".

28* with freezing sleet the last two days. In Texas. Got up this morning in the middle of a full round of hot/cold, chills/fever. Went in at 5:30 a.m., coughed up a bunch of gunk and looked miserable, and got sent to bed. I could have likely toughed it out, but could not see how spending a couple of hours out in that would improve my condition or make me a safer driver.

My partner came stumbling into our room a half an hour later. Seems she barfed all over the briefing room. Oops.

"Really, sir, we ARE sick!"
"There is a time and a place for ruthlessness. You and I and many others on this board were trained by the government to kill, maim and terrorize people and destroy their property. However, we must always keep in mind that the only appropriate time to do so is when it will benefit multi-national corporations."--Yogi Kuddha