What I'm doing instead of DOOM this year...

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

What I'm doing instead of DOOM this year...

Post by Rench » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:58 pm

HA!!! YOU'VE BEEN TRICKED!!! FOOLED!!! BOONDOGGLED!!!!!!

Ahem. No, not really. This IS in fact what I'm doing instead of DOOM this year, but as a trade off for Rag, so I still think I'm ahead. :mrgreen:

Anyway, short and long is my wife got serious about fitness this past year, and set a rather ostentatious goal of running the Chicago Marathon. Literally since I stepped off the bike from DOOM back in October, I've been training along side her. Come to find out, the marathon has gotten so big since the last time I did it, you go into a lottery and hopefully get to run. Rather then derail the training motivation and possibly not get in, I found the backdoor, which is to raise money for a charity to guarantee your spot. Not entirely a bad gig, other than the awkward hitting friends up for cash. So I'm just gonna leave this link right here, and you guys do what you want, I'm truly not going to care either way. (but thanks for even reading/considering this far)

-Rench

http://foundation.luriechildrens.org/si ... fr_id=1580

"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Re: What I'm doing instead of DOOM this year...

Post by Toonce(s) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 am

My two older sisters ran the NYM last November and I recall them having to plan two years ahead to get in, but that was sans charity. Not my cuppa but they had a great time and both finished, in spite of one of them being run over by a skateboarder on a SUNY campus and seriously breaking her arm three months before.

Protip: Don't just run, hit the weight room as well.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.