PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

In case y'all didn't know...

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
jae
Magnum Jihad

In case y'all didn't know...

Post by jae » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:33 am

...I'm from Texas. I live in the 4th largest city in the US and this happens right down the street from my house (actually between where I live and downtown).

http://www.khou.com/news/local/cattle-t ... /228387341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61X4mdY0RQ[/media]

The flooding is no joke, but I can't help but laugh about just how "Texas" it is to see a small herd of cattle on the highway.

There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: In case y'all didn't know...

Post by Jaeger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:56 am

jae wrote:The flooding is no joke, but I can't help but laugh about just how "Texas" it is to see a small herd of cattle on the highway.
I'll be honest, I haven't heard (herd?) much on the news about the flooding down there. ¿Que pasa?

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm

I just watched that three times because I like the music.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Lived there during Trop Storm Allison, and I had kind of hoped that for all of the people who died then (2001) more people would know how to avoid this kind of thing.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 am

Jaeger wrote:
jae wrote:The flooding is no joke, but I can't help but laugh about just how "Texas" it is to see a small herd of cattle on the highway.
I'll be honest, I haven't heard (herd?) much on the news about the flooding down there. ¿Que pasa?

--Jaeger

There's been a ton of rain and flooding to the NW of us. What we're getting on my side of town is due to the run-off of the flooding over the last couple of weeks. It doesn't help that it's still raining down here, but the Brazos River overflowing its banks is what's causing all the problems near me.
There, I said it.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:29 pm

it is a dramatic year that only saw us getting drunk in the garden once this year and it's june 6 already, we have to get shamefully drunk inside watching tv instead. global warming can go suck my ***
I'm not really from around here.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:35 pm

jae wrote:
There's been a ton of rain and flooding to the NW of us. What we're getting on my side of town is due to the run-off of the flooding over the last couple of weeks. It doesn't help that it's still raining down here, but the Brazos River overflowing its banks is what's causing all the problems near me.
He says the Brazos still runs muddy, like she's run'd all along...

Good luck to you, we're getting some of the effects of Tropical Storm Colin but everything here drains pretty well, almost as though Florida anticipates getting a lot of rain from time to time and designed their infrastructure accordingly.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 pm

this is a really shitty picture, but this was taken from the plane as I flew back into Houston from Midland last Friday...

All the brown you can see is water, not dirt.
There, I said it.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:40 am

My wife has been working 12 hour days, 7 days a week handling claims for the homeowners her company insures since the first week of April when she was chosen to work as part of a special group that is ONLY handling those claims and the subsequent ones that have arisen.
Sanity has left the building