RANDOM: TOP 100 BEER BREWERS

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

RANDOM: TOP 100 BEER BREWERS

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Just 'cause I found it and y'all drink beer.

https://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/B ... ld2019.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--Jaeger

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: RANDOM: TOP 100 BEER BREWERS

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Top 100 where? Western Indiana suburban districts?

I'll tell you the best brewery. It's the brewers created by Moritz Fiege. The Fiege family had been brewing for their own brewpub since 1736. Moritz got the official right to brew in 1876, end established an industrial brewery.
Once, after WW2, there had been six breweries in this town. The big Schultheiss brewery outside of city hall is now where Deutsche Telecom keep the infrastructure for their fiber-obpit network in town.
There is but one left. One brewery to find them, in drunkeness bind them.
The company is still run by the Fiege family. They have expanded, production itself and the product line. In grocery stores here, they have pride of place, because the big, non-local brands cannot keep up.
You can buy Fiege products here in Bochum, and in some of the neighboring towns. And in a single pub in Berlin, owned and run by a very determined man with a van.

The Fiege brewery, on the edge of the downtown area, and no longer located behind a well historied secondary school, now sits behind the courthouse. It has its own well on the premises. The right water matters, you know.
You walk uphill from there, from that well. What do we find?
The small park that marks the spot of the city's former central cemetery, and the old jewish cemetery, too, I believe.

Every glass is a glass with our fathers!

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Re: RANDOM: TOP 100 BEER BREWERS

Post by 0l4fderstout » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:50 pm

I admit I like local beer. My go to in my area is Brewery Vivant: https://www.breweryvivant.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though we could Island hop for two weeks and do nothing but breweries here in west michigan.

edited to add:

I also brew a pretty decent red ale.