PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

UTMC mix-tape (CD) swap?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Re: UTMC mix-tape (CD) swap?

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Hmmmm.......

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 am

Jaeger wrote:
Update: I gotta hear more of "Gift of Gab." It's only in the past decade or so that I've developed any appreciation for rap, and that guy (and the rest of them) is fucking awesome.

--Jaeger
He was part of the group "Blackalicious", famous for the song "Alphabet Aerobics", possibly made more famous by Daniel Radcliff attempting to rap it on some late night show.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlynqOgBAUw[/media]
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:41 pm

jae wrote:
Jaeger wrote: He was part of the group "Blackalicious", famous for the song "Alphabet Aerobics", possibly made more famous by Daniel Radcliff attempting to rap it on some late night show.

[LINK TO CRAZY-ASS RAP THING THAT'S IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER]
That guy is fuckin' nuts. Brilliant, but... :shock:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Well thanks to Jeager I have been listening to this latest rendition on my laptop since DOOM. Good stuff all around, the people at work don't know what the fuck noises are coming out my office at any given moment of the day.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Well thanks to Jeager I have been listening to this latest rendition on my laptop since DOOM. Good stuff all around, the people at work don't know what the fuck noises are coming out my office at any given moment of the day.
:mrgreen:

I still want to replace one song (not sure which) with this:

[media]https://youtu.be/jryzEU7WAlg[/media]

(For those who heard me bitching elsewhere, it was also stuck in my head at DOOM, thanks to Sisyphus.)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:47 am

Here's my contribution.
https://youtu.be/EwFUVJYA9_I

Also, if you want to slow it down a bit...
https://youtu.be/9RBzsjga73s
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 am

I'm not sure if I should be accepting blame or credit for the Phantogram song.
I was driving home from a friends service in Newport RI last month and it came on the radio; for weeks I kept reminding myself to look it up. When I finally did, that was the video that came up so I posted it on FB. That's the story there.
I generally don't have much for music anymore; a few dozen old cassettes from HS, a bunch of CD's from after that, most of them are melancholic for me to listen to. So when I get a radio station while traveling that isn't fucking banjo music (which is all I get up here in the woods) I tend to absorb it quite readily.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Sisyphus wrote:... when I get a radio station while traveling that isn't fucking banjo music (which is all I get up here in the woods) I tend to absorb it quite readily.
I got really stoked a few years ago when DC basically got a "pirate" FM radio station called "The Gamut" -- run by the local news-radio station, running commercial-free, with the whole thing being run by a computer and a huge database.

The problem is that the transmitters are complete shit. As someone once described, "the wattage of a mid-range hairdryer." Reception is crap, and I've largely given up listening to it, which is sad.

Thankfully they broadcast online :

https://live.gamut.fm/listen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Selection is all over the map. I've heard them go from James Brown to Techno to mariachi music! It's awesome. Like a college radio station run amok but with less bullshit.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:12 pm

I have to register.
Fuck that.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Sisyphus wrote:I have to register.
Fuck that.
REALLY? I'm playing it now without logging in...?

Dunno. Weird.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 am

I'll look again, but I got some screen that said I had to sign up or something.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Who made the mix called Go-Devil?

It's 60s garage rock and novelty songs, mixed with anti-drug PSAs and ads for B-movies.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 am

Jaeger wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:... when I get a radio station while traveling that isn't fucking banjo music (which is all I get up here in the woods) I tend to absorb it quite readily.
I got really stoked a few years ago when DC basically got a "pirate" FM radio station called "The Gamut" -- run by the local news-radio station, running commercial-free, with the whole thing being run by a computer and a huge database.
IIRC Baltimore has "The Jack" using that same set up from the same company.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 am

guitargeek wrote:Who made the mix called Go-Devil?

It's 60s garage rock and novelty songs, mixed with anti-drug PSAs and ads for B-movies.

No clue about that, I must have missed that one. Sounds like a good time though.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 pm

I was just talking to Wheezy E...

He told me the sad news that Andre Williams died. Then he mentioned an Andre Williams song that he had put on a mixtape CD... the very one that I was asking about.

Synchronicity.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 am

The Wheezy mix was my fave
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 am

So like a lot of you, I rarely if ever touch the stereo in my car. It stays on either NPR or a local classical station at all times, but the other day I inadvertently hit the "Source" button and it switched over to CD and sure enough Thunderfucked came on and surprised the fuck out of me because I forgot I had a copy. Nice change of pace.
-Davros

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:13 pm

CDs are hard; Spotify is easy.

Jaeger's ongoing "21st Century Blues" playlist HERE. (Please let me know if link works.)

Also, recommendations welcome.

(Can we start a UTMC playlist? Could that be a thing?)

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:20 pm

Because I can't bring myself to start a new thread, and I feel the need to share with SOMEONE...

I love DSOTM. The CD I have was given to me by my old friend Jenmo Cramer back in the era when I still had all 10 fingers. She was appalled that I hadn't heard it all the way through and was determined to further my edumakation.

I'm not sure what to think of this video. I find it both fascinating and nauseating. I couldn't watch the whole thing, though I didn't try that hard.

I'd just rather listen to the music.

Nevertheless... there's something... fascinating about it. Mesmerizing. Deeply troubling. It speaks of acid and fever dreams. Perhaps that's just how dreaming works. It's clear that it cross-associates "Pink Floyd DSOTM" with "psychedelic stuff," albeit some bits more than others.

I guess I'm glad to have skimmed through bits of it to see what it thought of some of my favorite bits, but otherwise... I was the MTV generation, and this can kiss my whole ass.

--jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>