PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

UTMC mix-tape (CD) swap?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Aggroton
Chuck Asap

Post by Aggroton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 am

i just got mine yesterday...dig it.

thats a sweet bike.

ImEazy
Brigadier General Moustache

Post by ImEazy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:40 pm

I got my cd a while back and have listen to it a few times now.
Gives me some ideas for when it is my turn in March. Thanks!
2000 MZ Baghira 660cc
1982 Harley FLH ElectraGlide

Idiocy is not stupid, it's what you live with!

Shhted
Magnum Jihad

Post by Shhted » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:05 am

I have been assembling my theme since we began, and then the first disk comes and kicks my ass. The bar has been set. Nice work.
Drink beer. As much as you like. Mostly good stuff.

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:22 am

Update: I expect to ship August on the 10th. The disks are done, just waiting on the art department.
Last edited by Toonce(s) on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

GOSTAZ
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by GOSTAZ » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am

I expect great things from a fellow rider o' the green!
Primitive and Useless

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:10 am

I'll take the last slot, June 08, to complete it all, if it's cool.

The months I've missed, no one has to mail me anything.

Am I in?
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:30 am

What do some of you guys in the thread think--since the July CD and original address list was shipped out, Dobbs, Timmay and antihogXL have expressed interest. I see a few possibilities, but let me know what you think.

- Extend current list by 3 months (burning 13 discs instead of 10)
- Keep original list closed, start new signup for June 08 on (this seems a little far out for all us non-planners)
- Keep original list closed, start new signup in parallel to the current one (List A/List B)

I'll let this brew for a week--I look forward to the disc Rex!

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 am

The art department was out sick for a few days, so I haven't shipped August yet. Should be in the next few days. I don't mind if we add a few more participants, but we should cap it while we are still early in the process.

Carlo - if you choose to add to the roster, just PM me the addys. I can then update the mailing list included with the CDs.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:21 pm

RexAddict wrote:I don't mind if we add a few more participants, but we should cap it while we are still early in the process.
Wise beyond your years, you are, King Rex.
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Okay, I'll put antihogXL down for June. We'll consider the list closed as of now, to be fair I'll contact Dobbs and Timmay to see if they want to be on, as they had also expressed interest.

antihogXL - if you send me your address, I'll put it on the master list.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:02 pm

absent_carlo suggests:

- Extend current list by 3 months (burning 13 discs instead of 10)
- Keep original list closed, start new signup for June 08 on (this seems a little far out for all us non-planners)
- Keep original list closed, start new signup in parallel to the current one (List A/List B)[quote]

Thinking out loud, howbout a 1 and 3 hybrid:

-Add 3 or so new people to existing months, meaning there'll be two people in, say, Sept, Nov, and Feb, and you/we all get 2 cds those months! Plus the sender of that month receives one as well.

If it's a c ost issue for some, cool, but whadda yall think?

Anti
'74 R90/6--Thor

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:35 pm

I'd prefer to keep it as the original 1 CD per month deal, each person owning a month, extending the entire thing 2 months if Timmay and Dobbs want to be a part. We can consider the list closed at this point. I'm assuming there are going to be no major issues with burning/sending an extra few copies.

Once I get the new address(es?) I'll update the list and send to Rex.

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Just to make things overly complex, how about a best-of? The original 12 participants can vote on what they thought the best tracks were and put together a compilation. Then, we can have a "Kids Rocks" version made! :mrgreen:

I think I must go now.
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 am

Ames wrote:Just to make things overly complex, how about a best-of? The original 12 participants can vote on what they thought the best tracks were and put together a compilation. Then, we can have a "Kids Rocks" version made!
No logistical problems sorting through that. How bout you be the ringleader for that?
'74 R90/6--Thor

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 am

Ames wrote:Just to make things overly complex, how about a best-of? The original 12 participants can vote on what they thought the best tracks were and put together a compilation. Then, we can have a "Kids Rocks" version made!
No logistical problems sorting through that. How bout you be the ringleader for that?
'74 R90/6--Thor

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Okay, I sent the final list, which includes Anti, Timmay and Dobbs, to Rex. I've sent Anti and Timmay the July version they missed and will send it to Dobbs shortly.

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Okay, since the baton has been passed, I thought I'd post the tracks of what was shipped for July. Now I'll sit back and listen to tunes for the next 12 months. :-)

Songs of Minneapolis (UTMC - July 07)

1. Yume - Mute Era
2. Through Wounds We Soon Will Stitch - A Whisper In The Noise
3. A Child - A Whisper In The Noise
4. I Think I'm Getting Married - Dosh
5. Naoise - Dosh
6. True Love - Mark Mallman
7. Hard Night - Mark Mallman
8. Geometry Is a Lie - The Selby Tigers
9. Droid - The Selby Tigers
10. "Honey, I Shit the Hot Tub." - Dillinger Four
11. The Great American Going out Of Business Sale - Dillinger Four
12. De La Souls (f. Greg Attonito) - P.O.S.
13. Math-Head vs. McNugget - P.O.S.
14. Forest Whitiker - Brother Ali
15. 10 Gallon Ascots - Tapes 'n Tapes
16. The Lion - Tapes 'n Tapes
17. Candy's Room - Lifter Puller
18. The Flex and the Buff Result - Lifter Puller

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 am

absent_carlo wrote:Okay, since the baton has been passed, I thought I'd post the tracks of what was shipped for July. Now I'll sit back and listen to tunes for the next 12 months. :-)

Songs of Minneapolis (UTMC - July 07)

1. Yume - Mute Era
2. Through Wounds We Soon Will Stitch - A Whisper In The Noise
3. A Child - A Whisper In The Noise
4. I Think I'm Getting Married - Dosh
5. Naoise - Dosh
6. True Love - Mark Mallman
7. Hard Night - Mark Mallman
8. Geometry Is a Lie - The Selby Tigers
9. Droid - The Selby Tigers
10. "Honey, I Shit the Hot Tub." - Dillinger Four
11. The Great American Going out Of Business Sale - Dillinger Four
12. De La Souls (f. Greg Attonito) - P.O.S.
13. Math-Head vs. McNugget - P.O.S.
14. Forest Whitiker - Brother Ali
15. 10 Gallon Ascots - Tapes 'n Tapes
16. The Lion - Tapes 'n Tapes
17. Candy's Room - Lifter Puller
18. The Flex and the Buff Result - Lifter Puller
This is fantastic, I don't have a clue who any of these wankers are--everyone, get ready for all kinds of old shit when mine comes out next summer.

P.O.S. they HAVE to be good. Love it.

Fossilized 44 year-old
'74 R90/6--Thor

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

August shipped, in August!

Post by Toonce(s) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:16 am

August is away, finally.

An updated mailing list is included.

Sorry for the delay, as Arthur Dent said:

"I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle."

SidVicious
Barista of Doom

Post by SidVicious » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:42 pm

sweetness.

i guess i'm up next. 8) i prolly won't have any local indy bands, sadly. but i'll try my best to put some non-mainstream bands on the disc. that's not to say, tho, that there will not be any.

i'll try to make the selection as rounded out as possible. :D

only problem is i don't have a fuckin printer. i have friends that do, however. and so does the library.
Hell is waking up every goddamn day and not even knowing why you're here -Marv

Nothing beats a hangover like kitten love -guitargeek

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:59 pm

SidVicious wrote:
i'll try to make the selection as rounded out as possible. :D
Try as you might! Mine turned out differently than I expected, it kind of took on a life of its own after the anchor songs were established. Some songs I really had intended to put on just didn't fit.

SidVicious
Barista of Doom

Post by SidVicious » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 am

well, i got the cd in the mail yesterday.

i thought it was great. good job. i can only hope that i do as good as job. 8)

Shhted
Magnum Jihad

Post by Shhted » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am

Very much enjoy, RexAddict. I dig this random no-rules thing. Great tunes! 8)
Drink beer. As much as you like. Mostly good stuff.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 am

So I got my hearing back, and RexAddict's August disk came in too. Rex--way to go--Wall of Voodoo, Rush, Devo--bringing me back to when my waistline was 4" less. Thank you.

Absent: yours is next--I'm gonna need more time because I don't know any group on yours, BUT, I really like the first song. More later.

So again--Absent and Rex, thanks--this is gonna be fun!
'74 R90/6--Thor

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 pm

Groovy!

Hopefully everyone has theirs by now.

If someone is still missing their shipment after a few more days be sure to let me know, delivery is guar-an-teed!

Has anyone noticed that the mix starts and ends with screeching guitar distortion? That was not intentional, but it worked out that way on its own accord, weirdly enough.

Sorry if the track information does not come up, ITunes claimed it was writing the track info but I don't think it did.

SidVicious
Barista of Doom

Post by SidVicious » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:36 pm

RexAddict wrote: Sorry if the track information does not come up, ITunes claimed it was writing the track info but I don't think it did.
dude! i was gonna say something about that! today i put the cd in my trucks cd player and a couple minutes later i nearly crapped myself when i saw "UTMC August" splayed across the players front! i just started laughing, swerving a bit while driving.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:18 am

SidVicious wrote:
RexAddict wrote: Sorry if the track information does not come up, ITunes claimed it was writing the track info but I don't think it did.
dude! i was gonna say something about that! today i put the cd in my trucks cd player and a couple minutes later i nearly crapped myself when i saw "UTMC August" splayed across the players front! i just started laughing, swerving a bit while driving.
I never knew that--I gotta slap that baby in my car player.
'74 R90/6--Thor

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Received the CD--I'm diggin it! Thanks for sending the updated address list too.

Timmay
Magnum Jihad

Post by Timmay » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Oh the sounds of Minneapolis.... why back in my day it was Blind Approach and Misery. 80's Mpls hardcore.
Last time I visited I was saddend by my old drinking spot under the bridges of uptown being turned into a jogging trail.

Great music so far my friends. I plot each day.

absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Post by absent_carlo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:40 pm

That's cool Timmay--I've heard a number of stories about Jays(?) Longhorn back around the time when the Suicide Commandos were playing. Never got a chance to see them live, funny though they just played at the state fair grandstand as a reunion.