PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Pearl Harbor day.......

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Rock
Superfudge!

Pearl Harbor day.......

Post by Rock » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Dec. 7, 1941 was the original day of infamy. Beemer Dan and I were among the masses and not one mention of it was made. stupid humans....

Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

Post by Beemer Dan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:53 pm

We were constantly reminded that santa claus would be coming to town however :lol:
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:51 am

Even local NPR morning radio failed to mention it, although Dec. 7th is the birthday of some obscure Tampa city coucilman from the 60's, even though the guy is dead now. I was pretty pissed after that.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

SomeMook
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by SomeMook » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 am

WTF dude? Can we have a somber moment without political bullshit?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/alzP0jHk18U&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/alzP0jHk18U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
All the unhappiness in the world is caused by self-delusion. -E.H.

sun rat
Dominatrix of Skulduggery

Post by sun rat » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:02 pm

when is it ok to let something like that go? ever?

i know that in my own family(grandparents) the day is very important but it's memory does nothing in my own family but perpetuate racism against the japanese, and blind nationalism, which both japan and germany were themselves plagued with.

war is hell. it's much more hell for some people than others, though.
fuck it all.

Rock
Superfudge!

Post by Rock » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 pm

In response to Rev. - Last year in a mall in Toledo most of the stores had Arizona memorial pics and some reference to Pearl Harbor. The 5 min story on the news is decent, but for what the event was it deserves to be remembered.

In response to abraxas - You are a South African, so your grand parents never told you what it meant, what it caused and how the country was affected. It is easy to cast dispersions on a web page but the US is my home and will be my home and its history as good and bad as it is is part of me and why i do what i do now.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:22 pm

sun rat wrote: it's memory does nothing in my own family but perpetuate racism against the japanese, and blind nationalism, which both japan and germany were themselves plagued with..
I'm reminded of my senior year in high school when on Dec. 7, my history teacher called up a Japanese exchange student to the front of the room, and gave him the opportunity to apologize. He was confounded and flustered, at which time our teacher directed the rest of us to throw paper wads at him.

Needless to say, some of us were absofuckinglutely stunned. Others loved it and fired away. After it was all finished, Yoshi just sat down and quietly cried in his seat, then muttered something in Japanese. Then another student asked when was the day we celebrate all the sneak attacks, broken treaties and subjugation of the Indians by us, and the anniversary of the day slaves were brought here. No answer, but he wasn't there long enough to hear one because he was on his way to the principal's office.

That kind of shit was allowed in 1980, and I still can't believe it.

Dec. 7 is a day we really got fucked, but I think the number of years that have passed, combined with all the shit our counrty has pulled on just about every group of non-white people in this country alone puts all these acts of violence into perspective. There is an embarassingly huge number of people our own country has victimized. Call it karma, whatever, but we, like everyone else, have been collectively victimized, while still harboring skeletons in our closet.

I'd like to see a day set aside when we simply contemplate all the reckless hatred and violence we have experienced (on both ends), simply that, and see where it takes us. It'll never happen though.

But I still observed Dec. 7 because I like my country.
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

Flat_Black_Rat
Rally Jackelope of Ever

Post by Flat_Black_Rat » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:23 pm

RevCBL: I know people die every die for countless reasons, but those whose sign there lives over to Uncle Sam to serve the masses do deserve a beer raised in there honor or a hat tipped in there memory. They made the dersion that some things are worth more than there lone life and risked it all for everyone, and they will forever have my graditude.

SunRat: The blind nationalize and hatred you speak of is what helped our service men and women do there jobs and get on with there lives. But then again I am sure you think we were wrong in dropping the atomic bombs and have failed to read enough histroy to see that countless lives on both sides were saved by that move.

I do not mean to be an asshole, but it seems that people are to ready to throw the vetrens aside due to the politics that cause them to fight. War is an extension of politics by other means. Though of us who are in uniform or have been in uniform seem to be the only ones that understand that anymore.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" Lt. Gen. Lewis B. Puller, USMC
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
1999 Honda CR250R
1978 Honda CT70 - Plated

SomeMook
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by SomeMook » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:53 am

abraxas, you apologize and repeat the same shit a paragraph later. Please if you want to start a thread on how Pearl Harbor et al. was an inside job, by all means, start a new fucking thread. Don't do it here. You're mentality is similar to those who hold up "Thank God for dead soldiers." signs at soldiers' funerals. Your hatred blinds you. Pick your battles in a more appropriate place.

Stop being an ass.
sun rat wrote:it's memory does nothing in my own family but perpetuate racism against the japanese, and blind nationalism, which both japan and germany were themselves plagued with
SunRat, when I was in school, the internment of the Japanese on the west coast was presented as a black mark on the history of this country. I don't think that people are celebrating Pear Harbor day in this day and age. Remembering and acknowledging mistakes helps us avoid them in the future. I get the feeling it's more reverence and remebering the history (both good and bad) behind it.
Last edited by SomeMook on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the unhappiness in the world is caused by self-delusion. -E.H.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 am

MoraleHazard wrote:Antihog, did that happen in a PUBLIC school???? For real???
I still shake my head in total disbelief 27 years and 4 days after it happened in a public school in Southern California. And I don't remember the teacher being disciplined (though he may have behind closed doors), but he kept on teaching and we heard no apologies.

I'd be willing to bet every Pearl Harbor survivor would have been furious to hear what he did, though. What an asshole.
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

sun rat
Dominatrix of Skulduggery

Post by sun rat » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 am

Flat_Black_Rat wrote:RevCBL: I know people die every die for countless reasons, but those whose sign there lives over to Uncle Sam to serve the masses do deserve a beer raised in there honor or a hat tipped in there memory. They made the dersion that some things are worth more than there lone life and risked it all for everyone, and they will forever have my graditude.

SunRat: The blind nationalize and hatred you speak of is what helped our service men and women do there jobs and get on with there lives. But then again I am sure you think we were wrong in dropping the atomic bombs and have failed to read enough histroy to see that countless lives on both sides were saved by that move.
why are you insulting me? because i don't toe the patriotic line? how patriotic of you.
i have family that survived the bomb being dropped on nagasaki. i also have family that died in pow camps in both japan and germany.
i do know a little about history, sweetheart.
fuck it all.

Flat_Black_Rat
Rally Jackelope of Ever

Post by Flat_Black_Rat » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 pm

SunRat: I'm sorry if my response was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, it just sounded too close to "America is always at fault" line. The whole world was spewing propaganda of hatred, I'm not saying it is right, but it is what happened, and I'm sure we could all read the history books that best supported our own personal views on who started it and who was the more evil. I guess the big thing I'm trying to say is we need to keep everything in proper prospective, we were not the only ones spewing propaganda and in a fury of nationalism, the bulk of the world was and damn near everyone got fucked a bit in the deal.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" Lt. Gen. Lewis B. Puller, USMC
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
1999 Honda CR250R
1978 Honda CT70 - Plated

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:13 pm

History in ev'ry century
Records an act that lives forevermore.
We'll recall, as into line we fall
The thing that happened on Hawaii's shore

Let's remember Pearl Harbor
As we go to meet the foe
As we did the Alamo.

We will always remember
how they died for Liberty
And go on to victory.

As we go to meet the foe
As we did the Alamo.

We will always remember
How they died for Liberty
And go on to victory
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:05 am

Good bump. It's important to remember that 9/11 was not the first time America got smacked -- and sadly, it probably won't be the last. :L

Cheers to our folks in uniform trying to do Good Stuff and keep the nutjobs at bay.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:48 am

Jaeger wrote:Good bump. It's important to remember that 9/11 was not the first time America got smacked -- and sadly, it probably won't be the last. :L

Cheers to our folks in uniform trying to do Good Stuff and keep the nutjobs at bay.

--Jaeger
Smacking the U.S. is hardly a good move. Such action often results in large parts of populations dying for fucking with us, civilian and military alike.

Perhaps the U.S. is a bully, but it sure is one tough muthafucka of a bully!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Zer0 wrote:
Dec. 7 is a day we really got fucked, but I think the number of years that have passed, combined with all the shit our country has pulled on just about every group of non-white people in this country alone puts all these acts of violence into perspective. There is an embarassingly huge number of people our own country has victimized. Call it karma, whatever, but we, like everyone else, have been collectively victimized, while still harboring skeletons in our closet.

This veteran couldn't agree with you more Greg.

Rather than salute veterans, I prefer to think of them as victims. I know I feel victimized, even though I volunteered.

That said, I do thank those vets that laid down there life for us on this day.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 am

What y'all said.

Also...

:) HAPPY SIXTY-FIRST BIRTHDAY TO TOM WAITS!! :D

Now: Back to your angst-ridden tribute to veterans, patriots and victims.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 am

70 years.
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm

It was educational to read all these posts from past years.

But back to one of the points brought up in an older post: why don't we honor that day as we once did? I think 9/11 changed all that because the memories are still immediate--it is indeed our own Pearl Harbor Day. (As a mattter of fact, I'm wearing a 9/11-Never Forget wrist band right now.) Neither of my sons experienced 9/11, and I suspect they won't feel that near gutkick feeling I get every 9/11. But I teach them and we talk and learn about it. Let's hope they don't have their own 12/7 or 9/11.

In fact 9/11 is much more an important day for even my 76 yr-old father, a veteran, who was just 6 on 12/7/41. Pearl harbor Day is something we heard and read about and had to endure a Ben Affleck movie about--not much more. Our memories of 9/11 are real, and therefore much more emotional.

I'd also argue that we're friends with the Japanese people and the country of Japan. Not so yet with the major players behind 9/11.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:06 pm

I think everyone should just get over it already and move on. Yeah, people died, and after that evern MORE people died, then we nuked Japan and celebrated.
Now we have 9/11, and we should just fucking forget that and move on, too. This "never forget" shit is infuriating. Never forget what, exactly?
"The muslims attacked us," is what that says. It's jingoism at its finest.
I saw it on the news and it made me soooo fucking mad. I didn't understand why people were cheering in the streets in all these little countries. It took me a few months or about a year, I don't remember but then I wondered, "Why? None of what I'm hearing makes any sense."
What I plan on explaining to my kids and grandkids, is that finally someone got pissed off enough at the US's antics when it came to manipulating other countries and stealing resources that belonged to other people that when they actually did what they did, half the world applauded.
Today happens to be my brother's birthday. I'm going to call him instead of thinking about all the percieved injustices our country has had to endure.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

bndgkmf
The Statutory Ape

Post by bndgkmf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I posted this earlier for Veteran's Day. Enjoy!
CWO4 Curtis R. Nixon, U.S.N. (Ret.)
Statement of 7 December 1941 while serving aboard the U.S.S. Pyro AE-1

Second Class Boatswain Mate when the war started. I was in the second division in charge of the boat deck and cargo in holds #4 and #5.

(b) My battle station was #2 AA gun 3”-50 caliber on the port side of the after boat deck.

Supervised the firing of the above gun. None of the guns had telescopic sights installed. The firing solenoids as well as the sights were stored in the armory. I fired the gun by hand being very careful of the recoil. I had a crew of ten men to help with the loading and training of the gun. The planes were coming very fast and it was very hard to track them with no sights or power training. Our method of firing was the trainer would pat his foot and I would fire. I had the fuzes set on “0” which caused the shells to burst at 2,700 feet. My first round was over the West Loch water tower where there were several Marine lookouts. The Marines abandoned the tower shortly thereafter as the were several holes punched in it. The second plane we fired at we missed but hit the next one in line. this plane was observed to crash in West Loch. One plane did try to bomb us but missed. His bomb hit the dock and caused extensive damage. Our gun jammed on the 18th fired round and was rendered out of commission. (Amusing Note) The duty cook and I had a case of Acme beer which we had purchased at the Marine Exchange for $2.10 on Saturday. We had buried the beer with 100 pounds of ice about 50 yards from the docks. The beer was for a Sunday party. Of course, we never had that party and as far as I know the beer is still there.

I am not too clear on what I observed that morning after our gun jammed. I remember a Gunners Mate with a .30-’06 rifle shooting at fishermen in the Loch. We had a machine gunner named “Ma” Jennings who hit a plane about 20 times from the cowling to the tail. The plane was not observed to go down. We observed no parachutes during the attack. No enemy prisoners were taken by the Pyro that I know of. Some prisoners were brought after the attack to help offload the Pyro prior to sailing for San Francisco.

The commanding officer of the Pyro was Captain Nicholas Vytlacil.

We were moored starboard side to the dock. My gun was on the Loch side. We saw many planes passing very low about eye level to us (20’ to 25’). Most of them were strafing but we were not strafed that I know of.

The Pyro was armed with 4 5”-50 caliber surface guns and 2 3”-50 caliber AA guns. There were also 4 .50 caliber machine guns on the ship. The forward 5” gun fired a few rounds that were not effective.

After my gun jammed I was assigned to a 40’ motor launch to pick up wounded and dead inside the harbor. We proceeded to the fleet landing and reported to the officer in charge. The O in C was a Captain Blackwell and I later learned he was the captain of the U.S.S. California. We were sent to Ford Island to pick up 3 wounded and 1 dead. We delivered the wounded to Landing “C” which was the Hickam Field Hospital and the dead was taken back to fleet landing. When we arrived back at the fleet landing one of the Pyro’s men was waiting for us. His name was Edwards, Cox(BM3). He was dressed in clean whites as he had spent the previous day visiting his sister in Honolulu. He boarded our boat and sat in the bow against the sampson post with a foot on each gunwale. We proceeded up the main channel towards the Navy Yard. As we approached the main yard railway there was a huge explosion (Note: U.S.S. Shaw) and Edwards had disappeared. There was much confusion aboard the boat and it took us a few minutes to get back underway. At that time the bow hook snagged what looked like a lump in the oil. I thought maybe it was a body and ordered it brought aboard. When the body was brought aboard we found that it was Edwards who was very much alive. He was covered head to toe in oil and had not a stitch of clothes on. We delivered Edwards back to Landing “C” so he could have the oil cleaned off of him. The procedure for this was to wash off the victim with light lubricating oil or salad oil. Unfortunately, the had run out and washed Edwards down with gasoline which almost killed him. He spent a month in the Pyro sick bay recovering from the procedure.

(Note: After the attack the Pyro left Pearl Harbor on Thursday 11 December 1941. She was credited with damaging a Japanese plane either “Ma” Jennings or Curtis Nixon’s 3” gun. She proceeded to San Francisco and spent the next few months carrying ammunition to Pearl Harbor.)

Upon leaving Pearl Harbor we were escorted for about 6 hours until 2230 the night of the 11th. At 2330 or 0000 we were attacked by a Japanese submarine. The sub fired two torpedoes at us. The torpedoes missed down both sides of the ship as we were zigzagging. After firing the submarine fired it surfaced and was taken under fire by our guns. My crew fired one shell from our 3” AA gun and were blinded by the muzzle flash. We were unable to gauge the results of our fire. The sub submerged quickly and we proceeded to San Francisco. (Amusing Note) The #4 5” gun fired 2 rounds at the submarine with no result. Upon arrival at San Francisco it was discovered #4 had all of it’s shells but missing powder bags. In the excitement they forgot to put shells in the guns. The #4 gun captain was nick named S.O.S. Sanders. Save Our Shells Sanders.

The U.S.S. Pyro was scheduled to reload the main magazine of the U.S.S. Arizona on Monday 8 December 1941. The crew of the Arizona had spent the 5 and 6 December 1941 offloading her 14” main battery ammunition. The shells were loaded aboard 4 500 ton covered barges and towed to West Loch. Arizona’s new ammunition was aboard Pyro. Had the 2000 tons of ammunition gone up along with the 750 tons of powder the loss of life would have been catastrophic. Also damage to ships and personnel near battleship row would have been much worse.
I edited this down a little from a handwritten journal my Grandfather wrote out.
Cultus Diabolus, Laus ut Flamma, Cultus Obscurum, Amplexus Fatum

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Well,

I agree with Sysyphus.

I heard that some smart guy said,

Forgive and Forget

I hope that people will do that for me, It woud be best.
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

Rock
Superfudge!

Post by Rock » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Spent the day training sailors to deal with piracy, smugglers and general evil doers.

Among the people trained 2 Japanese Marines and 2 Japanese Navy. They were very aware of the day and we bs’ed how at the end of the day ( 70 years of days) yes, it was a sucker punch, no, our grandparents would never forgive the others. But maybe it was a good thing.

Later in the day there was a Japanese American. He hates both countries but the US less (not by much). His family who moved here in the early 1900’s (about the same time mine did) to NY (same place mine did). After today 70 years ago his family was moved to a camp. His grandfathers and other male family members enlisted and fought in the war some died, some got maimed. Some forgave the US and some did not.

When he was 18 he took his savings and moved to Japan. With the intention of reconnecting with his roots. The treatment he received there was worse than any of the BS he got here, after 18 months he came back to the US earned a place as an officer in the US Navy. Ultimately to have me “train” him.

Was an interesting 7th, I wonder if in early September 2071 my kinder will be BSing with some Arabs about their families. I hope so.

happycommuter
Yep. Fuckin' Idiot.

FDR taking us off the gold standard was more traitorous

Post by happycommuter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 am

sun rat wrote:when is it ok to let something like that go? ever?
Be thankful that nobody refers to that Micheal Bay movie.

rolly
Tim Horton hears a Who?

Post by rolly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:54 am

You'll never catch me on an fuckin Arab motorcycle. Freedom!
:P

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:51 am

Sys, Pintgudge, would either of you tell any orphans, widows or parents who lost their children only 10 years ago that we simply need to drop it? To get over it? Bullshit. It's way too soon to casually dismiss what happened. I don't have a time table, but it's too soon to forget.
Rev wrote:
Rock wrote:I wonder if in early September 2071 my kinder will be BSing with some Arabs about their families. I hope so.
Really shouldn't be that long. I did that yesterday.
I do that so much at work I don't even think about it, and not just Arabs, but Pakistanis, Afghanis.
Last edited by Zer0 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'74 R90/6--Thor

rolly
Tim Horton hears a Who?

Post by rolly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 am

Zer0 wrote:Would any of you tell the orphans, widows and parents who lost their children only 10 years ago that we just need to drop it? To get over it? Bullshit.
How they feel is none of my business, but I'd tell everyone else to stop using 9/11 to justify the end of individual rights at home and bathing in blood abroad.

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Talk about thread from the dead.

Two points, one serious, one, not so much:

On Iwo Jima, there is a memorial with two plaques. One, facing the island is written in English, and the other, facing the sea, is written in Japanese. On both sides, it is inscribed:
On the 40th anniversary of the battle of Iwo Jima, American and Japanese veterans met again on these same sands, this time in peace and friendship. We commemorate our comrades, living and dead, who fought here with bravery and honor, and we pray together that our sacrifices on Iwo Jima will always be remembered and never be repeated.

And lastly, from the Onion, Kamikaze swimmers finally make it to Pearl Harbor:

My company lost over 200 people in 9-11. I don't have anything against Arabs or Muslims, but those Al Qaeda fucks can rot in hell for all I care. The wounds are still pretty sore with me.
666(k) Retirement Plan of the Beast. Only offered by Dis Annuities.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 pm

MoraleHazard wrote: My company lost over 200 people in 9-11. I don't have anything against Arabs or Muslims, but those Al Qaeda fucks can rot in hell for all I care. The wounds are still pretty sore with me.
Thank you for this. Blaming 9/11 on arabs or muslims is like blaming people with moustaches for Adolf Hitler. It just has no relation.
I'm not really from around here.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:48 pm

xtian wrote:
MoraleHazard wrote: My company lost over 200 people in 9-11. I don't have anything against Arabs or Muslims, but those Al Qaeda fucks can rot in hell for all I care. The wounds are still pretty sore with me.
Thank you for this. Blaming 9/11 on arabs or muslims is like blaming people with moustaches for Adolf Hitler. It just has no relation.
Being German (American), I quickly grew tired of all the times the kids at school called me a Nazi.
rolly wrote:
Zer0 wrote:Would any of you tell the orphans, widows and parents who lost their children only 10 years ago that we just need to drop it? To get over it? Bullshit.
How they feel is none of my business, but I'd tell everyone else to stop using 9/11 to justify the end of individual rights at home and bathing in blood abroad.
I agree with this too--100%. But I still wouldn't tell relatives of the victims to get over it.
'74 R90/6--Thor