Jeff project

Discussion for the Akira Powerbike Page.
NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

Jeff project

Post by NEO » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 am

Last edited by NEO on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:53 am

Interesting set-up on the steering, you think you'll be posting more pics (please)? Really nice welding too. I've got to learn how to weld someday.

Thanks for the update, looks great!
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

;)

Post by NEO » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 am

base: Kawasaki Ninja 500 cc

From the "Feet Forward Motorcycle Mailing Lists":

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/fee ... sage/50104

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/feet_forward/

;)

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by NEO » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:17 am

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Dude, looks great, but is that the gas tank on top by the triple-tree? Really? Looks really small, how much does that hold and how will you get access to it once you install all the body-work?
Cheers,
Ames.
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

:)

Post by NEO » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:44 am

Ames, there is confusion, it's the Jeff project.

I'll try to contact Jeff.

Here is a picture of the project of the bodywork:

Manufacturer of the bodywork:
http://goblinmotors.com/

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey everone, my name is Jeff and this is my project. It is a AKIRA Kaneda's motorcycle replica. I want to first thank Neo for starting this blog. I will be adding more pic and coments latter.

To anser a few questions, that is a temporary gas tank, the final gas tank will be under the seat and have a fuel pump.

I am making two identical bikes. Mine will have a Kaneda body on it. The other is for my friend and will have the arrowdynamic body in the pic for goblin motors. Ill post more info and pic latter.

Kaneda

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Sweet! Please keep us up to date, and check out the rest of the board!

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

kaneda
Pin Puller

previous projects

Post by kaneda » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Here are links to a couple of previous projects iv built. They are reverse trike three wheelers. The white one (sportcycle) is done just needs painted. The gray one (turbo phantom) i put on hold to make the AKIRA replica. The sportcycle i made from plans. The tubo phantom i bought the body and designed and made every thing else. http://tinyurl.com/2d5ez4e and http://tinyurl.com/4vjmuc2

kaneda
Pin Puller

current bikes

Post by kaneda » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Here is a list of my current bikes. 1978 suzuki GS1000 Dragbike, 1982 GSX1000SZ Katana, 1984 XLX 1000 sportster harley, 1989 honda goldwing 1500 reverse trike (turbo phantom), 1992 suzuki GSXR1100 reverse trike (sportcycle), 2000 kawasaki 500 GPZ ninja (AKIRA kaneda's bike replica).

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Re: current bikes

Post by Ames » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

kaneda wrote:Here is a list of my current bikes. 1978 suzuki GS1000 Dragbike, 1982 GSX1000SZ Katana, 1984 XLX 1000 sportster harley, 1989 honda goldwing 1500 reverse trike (turbo phantom), 1992 suzuki GSXR1100 reverse trike (sportcycle), 2000 kawasaki 500 GPZ ninja (AKIRA kaneda's bike replica).
Nice stable.
Thanks for answering the question, that was really bugging me. Can't wait to see more of what your working on.
Cheers,
Ames.
Quid Ita Serius?

WeAintFoundShit
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by WeAintFoundShit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

Good stuff, man. Good stuff!
"The grip on the right is the fun regulator." -Donny Greene

I crash a lot.

kaneda
Pin Puller

A little about this build

Post by kaneda » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey every one. I would have liked to started this blog when i started this build. But? Here is a summery of the build so far. I wanted to build a AKIRA kaneda's motorcycle replica since the urly 90s. Iv been a fan of the moive since it came out. Ok this build i am building two bikes. 2000 and 2003 kawasaki 500 GPZ ninja. I started by removing all body work and cutting off rear sub frame. Then adding a rear frame with a seat back. And moving the swing arm mounting point back 23 1/4" . I also made a rear mounted steering set up connecting to the forks with a connecting link with rod ends. I remounted the foot controls forward of the motor. This riding position is very comfortable. Im using one drive chain from motor to rear wheel with a idler spocket mounted so the top chain rides over the swingarm properly. And another idler spocket spring mounted on the lower chain to keep the chain tention tight. Then i remounter the battery behind the drivers back above the rear shock. Just mounted braided stainless steel brake lines. Im in the prosses of cutting down the air filter box and modifieing it to make it smaller. Because it has to fit between my legs. Then i will mock up a gas tank to fit under the seat and have my friend make one out of fiberglass. I have a few more things to do before one bike gets sent o my friend also named jeff to make the fiberglass body. And when he makes the body he will post updates on this site to keep every one informed.

kaneda
Pin Puller

fork rake

Post by kaneda » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:56 pm

When i designed this frame i wanted to make the frame fit the shape of the (cartoon) body. But the (cartoon) body shape does not work in the real world. I originaly raked the forks to 36* from the stock 27* and doing this it made it very heavy to steer around corners at slow speed like a chopper. So i was not happy with that. But the reason i did it was to fit the body style. I talked to many FF motorcycle builders and they said less than stock rake is better for a FF with this long wheelbase. So i tore the bike back down put it in the frame jig and reraked the forks to 25* I didn't want to go to low and have problems from doing that . I think it will handle much better with a 25* rake. So now i will have to alter the shape of the frount of the body some to fit the bike frame. It will have a slite different shape than the (cartoon) bike but it will handle much nicer so this is the way im going. Im reassembling the bike now and will post more after assembly and more test rides.
1978 suzuki GS1000 Dragbike, 1982 GSX1000SZ Katana, 1984 XLX 1000 sportster harley, 1989 honda goldwing 1500 reverse trike (turbo phantom), 1992 suzuki GSXR1100 reverse trike (sportcycle), 2000 kawasaki 500 GPZ ninja (AKIRA kaneda's bike replica).

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Sat May 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Well iv put about 50 miles on it so far. And it rides great a little different than a normal motorcycle. But once you get used to it its easy to ride. Getting ready to make the gas tank for under the seat. And finishing up on floor boards to work with the foot pegs. I will post some more pictures as soon as i find some where to host them. Kaneda
1978 suzuki GS1000 Dragbike, 1982 GSX1000SZ Katana, 1984 XLX 1000 sportster harley, 1989 honda goldwing 1500 reverse trike (turbo phantom), 1992 suzuki GSXR1100 reverse trike (sportcycle), 2000 kawasaki 500 GPZ ninja (AKIRA kaneda's bike replica).

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Glad it's going well. Can't wait to see the pics.
Cheers,
Ames.
Quid Ita Serius?

piccini9
Everybody dies. It's a love story.

Post by piccini9 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:59 am

That's looking really good, needs some cushy groinal protection though. Just my opinion.
Adding pink and unicorns makes everything better.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

pics

Post by NEO » Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 am

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Iv got over 100 miles on it so far and every thing seems to be working great. I started making the gas tank that will be under the seat with a fuel pump. It will hold a little over 4 gallons. And yes i will be redoing the seat. Mainly to tilt the bottom part back so you don't slide forward and repad it. The seat is temporary anyways till the AKIRA body is made. And also made some floor boards to rest the heel of your feet on still have footpegs to go under your feet.

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Keep in mind the frount flaring head light tail lights and turn signals are all temporary. So i can ride it till the body is done.

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Sorry so long since the last post. Well put a lot more miles on the bike. Got the gas tank mounted under seat with a auto motoive electric fuel pump works great. put a lot of highway mills on it. and a lot of around town miles. In city driving and slower speeds it rides a bit like a long wheelbase recombent bicycle. Rides great at highway speed. After all the road miles im very happy with how every thing works and how the bike handles. Iv started to tear the bike back down to paint the frame and all the little parts and reassemble. Then then my freind jeff and the owner of this bike (the second one will be mine) will come and pick it up. And start making the Kaneda's powerbike body for me.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Very exciting!
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 am

Sweet! Keep the pix coming!!!

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

pics

Post by NEO » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 am

WeAintFoundShit
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by WeAintFoundShit » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Nice to see an update!
"The grip on the right is the fun regulator." -Donny Greene

I crash a lot.

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Well bike # 1 is done finally. Getting ready to ship it to arizona to have my freind the other jeff start making the Kaneda's bike body. He has many responsibiltys right now so where hoping to have the body done maybe mid or pate summer of next year. Just heard that they just green lighted the live action movie AKIRA. Suppost to start filming next jan or feb of 2012. Iv got bike #2 about 90* done. So when i get the first one boxed up and shipped i will get back to work on mine. It's winter hear so won't get to ride till spring. As for the final bike will be painted just like in the anime red with stickers and all. Except modified to fit my frame leghth and rider position. Will be using LED turn signals and rear brake lights. Thinking about having the lic plate samwitched in sideways on the left rear dome over the back wheel. I will keep updating with pic as the body is beaing made.

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for the update, and please keep them coming...with pictures.

And don't get me started on the abortion that's going to be the live-action movie. :x
Cheers,
Ames.
Quid Ita Serius?

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 am

I have made a facebook site with my past, current and future projects. I have many picutes in the photo section of each project with info. I think you will also enjoy my three wheelers iv made and in the prosses of making. enjoy. http://tinyurl.com/7aajamz

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 am

kaneda
Pin Puller

Post by kaneda » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Well bike #1 is done and shipped to tucson Az. It arrived there yesterday. And my friend also named Jeff will start making the body soon. We plan on having the body done mid or late summer in 2012. I will be posting pic as the body is being made. Bike #2 is about 90* done. And i will continue to work on that after i put a different motor in my 82 suzuki GSX 1000 SZ Katana. Neo has been posting pictures for me. I will start posting more after i figure out how to do it. My last post was a failed atempt to post some pictures. As the body is being made i will be posting pictures to keep every one updated.