Update, 2020/12/01
Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details.

SECURITY ADVISORY!
Today, 2020/11/18, suspicions have been expressed that there has been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.
While the facts behind those suspicions have not yet been established, your Administerrerr is treating them as credible. He is looking into this. He will try and beef up security.
Even if you did so only recently:
Please change your password!
Please click here, or use the menu ( button) to navigate to the the User Control Panel, therein to the Profile Tab, and there click Edit Account Settings. You should get it from there on.
For a safe password that will resist brute-force attempts (which we have been subject to in the past), please use upper and lower case letters, AND numerals, AND symbols, and make it as long as you feel feasible. 16 characters seems to be recommended these days.
DO NOT use a password you also use elsewhere.
While your Administerrerr tries to keep this place safe. Get real. Security here is mostly by obscurity, that is, no one serious enough to crack us like a rotten egg is likely to even bother. But if one does, you don't want the safety of your email of facebook or whatever to depend on one mostly blind, mostly clueless autodidact who can't work at this more than a few hours at a time, if that much.

If you used a password here that you also used elsewhere, you must set a new password there, also!
A different password, this time. If someone did breach us, the first thing they are likely to do with your login credentials is to try them out elsewhere. Login credentials compromised here are compromised everywhere else, also. If you did reuse a password, but with a different email, your administerrerrerr strongly urges you NOT rely on that different email keeping you safe. This whole thing runs on a database. That means your half-blind administerrerrerr can operate a database. Do you honestly think identity thieves, and those who sell them passwords by the ten-thousands, won't?
If you get an error message about an invalid form, click here.
Show
Every form you can debauch is on a time limit. Even if you feel you've been reasonably quick, some browsers seem to think otherwise.
Recommendation: type your password in something like a text editor or word processor, highlight (making sure not to highlight any leading or trailing spaces), copy, then reload the account settings page, paste, paste, debauch, and be all quick about it. Like Dan said, back in the when. Be like the housefly, and see the events of the world unfold in liquid slowness, or something to that effect.
If you cannot reset a forgotten password, click here.
Show
The "I forgot my password" function has been buggy for a while, I apologize. I will look into that, also, over the next few days.
UPDATE: I have looked into this. I think it should work now, but I can't test it all with my admin accounts. Anyone who tries it, please do let me know whether it works or not.
You yourself, meanwhile, might look into your SPAM folder. I know, I know, but humor me, please.
Also, if you have been around for a bit, try and remember whether the email you entered there was also the email you registered with back in the when. I'm sure the email addresses associated to some user-accounts are still hotmail.
If none of that solves your confound, hit me through the contact form, or grab me via dm on the Facebooks, or if none of that works, speak up in the Midget Circus. I will look out for you there, but I can't guarantee nothing.

Rokit_Armor project: Electromagnetic Drive System

Discussion for the Akira Powerbike Page.
Rokit_Armor
Lurker

Rokit_Armor project: Electromagnetic Drive System

Post by Rokit_Armor » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:54 am

Fellow Akira fans-

I'm here to inform you that my company is currently undergoing alpha testing on a brand new drive system *very* similar to that of Kaneda's powerbike; Actually, the bike was the inspiration for the original concept. Now I can't reveal too much information without giving away my secrets, but lets say we should have a working prototype of Kaneda's powerbike, complete with two-wheel drive high-voltage DC orbital induction propulsion system and density powered charging/docking station, by mid-2005. There will be no 'gearbox' so to say, so RPM's and MPH/KPH will be relative(i.e. 700rpm = 60mph; 1400rpm = 120mph), and should be capable of several thousand rpm (you do the math, talk about top speed!!). Acceleration should be in the range of 3.5 seconds for 0-60 mph, with the highest acceleration peak between 175-210mph. Like I said, this is in the alpha testing phase, so these numbers are not what the final product will be released as. The Kaneda powerbike replica will most likely be a low-number production unit, since our main focus will be low-cost 'fuel-less' transport vehicles. Any questions, go ahead and ask, or e-mail me.

-Derek B.
Rokit Armor
High Voltage DC Orbital Induction Drive & Ultra High-Tech Land Transportation Vehicles

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

Website ??

Post by NEO » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:34 am

Your company doesn't have any Website ??

:cry:

(maybe for secret)

Delphia
Magnum Jihad

Post by Delphia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:30 am

for the love of god i want a job with you!

EMPLOY ME!!!
Archie is not fucking Mr Weatherby!
1983 Kawasaki Gpz750 Streetfighter (In progress)

Lambda
Lurker

Post by Lambda » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:41 pm

about how long will a full fuel cell last?
You let her live. Hah! You're such a boyscout!

NEO
El Asbestos Pajamas

answer (Fuel Cell)

Post by NEO » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:35 am

See the "QUARK"s specifications for example, it has got a fuel cell and battery, 130 km of autonomy (1 mile -> 1,6 Km ----> 81,25 miles) :(

Also, MERCEDES and others manufacturer develop this technology with more autonomy.

Link, QUARK's specifications (in french): http://www.conceptcars-peugeot.com/mode ... name=Quark

Use this link for to translate the french page.
Link (in english): http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box

Rokit_Armor
Lurker

Post by Rokit_Armor » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:05 pm

Website will be up soon, and fully functioning when the first prototype is complete.

The bike charges itself, so if you don't drive around all day straight at 100mph, you should never have to recharge. Will also come with docking station to fully charge the capaciter/battery while you're at home. Doesn't actually use 'fuel cells', that technology is archaec compared to the rest of the bike. They don't produce enough energy, and are quite bulky.

-Derek B.

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:34 pm

I, for one, applaud anyone who'se trying to get away from the internal combustion model. I look forward to reading more about this soon. Hopefully you'll even write it in "lamen" so non-techs like myself can understand and appreciate it fully. Good on ya, mate.
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

Lambda
Lurker

Post by Lambda » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:57 pm

Rokit_Armor wrote:Website will be up soon, and fully functioning when the first prototype is complete.

The bike charges itself, so if you don't drive around all day straight at 100mph, you should never have to recharge. Will also come with docking station to fully charge the capaciter/battery while you're at home. Doesn't actually use 'fuel cells', that technology is archaec compared to the rest of the bike. They don't produce enough energy, and are quite bulky.

-Derek B.
what i meant to ask is if the bike was given only one charge, how far will you be able to travel until the battery runs out of juice.
Also, is the company you work for a well known one?
You let her live. Hah! You're such a boyscout!

Rokit_Armor
Lurker

Post by Rokit_Armor » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:10 am

Lambda-

Well, if the charging system onboard the motorcycle does happen to fail, I would expect a range of about 80-150 miles. We haven't decided on a manufacture for electrical storage devices yet, as well as new technologies may arise between now and the release date that we may choose to use. Like I said, these are rough numbers.

I am the owner of the company, but no, we are not well known. heck we don't have any product available yet. We've been just doing research & development of our technologies.

-Derek B.

Rokit_Armor
Lurker

Post by Rokit_Armor » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:34 pm

Well gentlemen, it looks like Lockheed Martin beat me to the ball.... about two years ago! Here is the patent to my design, but of course it's not in my name!! There go all my life goals.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6876122.html

maniacles
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by maniacles » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Bullshit!
That patent abstract could cover brushless dc motors too! Don't give up, just one up the bastards!
AKA Krampus