PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Always good to see an old familiar face step back in to the fold, welcome.

As for me, I am currently suffering through this big storm that is blowing down in the SE states, making work a bitch and soaking everything in sight.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:04 pm

I should be preparing the house for the influx of family and dogs that are incoming on Sunday. But instead I'm imbibing and reading the board.
I hate the lead up to hosting Xmas. Once everyone is here and settled in, it's fine, but this wrapping presents grocery shopping clean everything oh fuckk what did forget stage is fucking annoying.

So, to answer "whatcha doing?". I'm bitching & whining.

Hail Satan & happy solstice, everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:28 am

problemaddict wrote:I should be preparing the house for the influx of family and dogs that are incoming on Sunday. But instead I'm imbibing and reading the board.
I hate the lead up to hosting Xmas. Once everyone is here and settled in, it's fine, but this wrapping presents grocery shopping clean everything oh fuckk what did forget stage is fucking annoying.

So, to answer "whatcha doing?". I'm bitching & whining.

Hail Satan & happy solstice, everyone!
Hail Satan indeed. I think I have that same set of bourbon glasses.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 am

testing back and forth regarding the pick up of my Kawasaki by it's new owner.
Sanity has left the building

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:44 pm

recovering from Physical Therapy.. They're done half assing it and going full bore. (yeowch!)

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:26 am

0l4fderstout wrote:recovering from Physical Therapy.. They're done half assing it and going full bore. (yeowch!)
PT Sucks. A lot. :shock:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am

It's not bad, just yesterday we went hard. I pushed myself to a fast walk on the treadmill, (3mph) and he really cranked it around after that. I'm *still* sore in spots. This is good pain, it means healing and strengthening.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Making a Mexican Inspired Pork Stew

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:23 pm

wyckedsin wrote:Making a Mexican Inspired Pork Stew
Who is the Mexican that inspired you to make the stew?
-Davros

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Catching up on the forum in a 40 degree shop wondering why I don't have legit heat up in this barn yet.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:
wyckedsin wrote:Making a Mexican Inspired Pork Stew
Who is the Mexican that inspired you to make the stew?
The guy I buy my Tamales from of course.

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 am

Trying to figure out how to get past the fatigue of a week of class and Physical Therapy to do some homework. I just want to sleep, but there's a pile of shit to do and it takes forever to do some of it at half hobble speed. (that said, the ankle is incrementally better every day, but it's not doing it quietly.)

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:17 am

I can't wait to get home from work. It's been a while since I've been so invested in actually fabricating something, and am really enjoying it.

Guess I'm not technically doing it right now, but spent a good part of the last 3-4 days on the headlight/steering damper and aux. light bar mount setup
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Today I learned to cut with Oxy Acetylene. Last week I learned to braze weld. It's the cat's ass. Need more practice though.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:47 am

Lesson I learned today about fixing my cracked vegetable crisper:
Don't.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:54 pm

I'm doing what I've been waiting three damn weeks to do.
Doing interetting and stuff, and not at the speed of Hewlett Potato.

Yes, The Beast™ is hooked up and running, ha!
21 days since the motherboard died. 13 days since the disloyal leftover PC did a died, too.
13 days of being limited to a computer that couldn't generally keep up with my typing, would take most of a minute to open a context menu, and restricting background edutainment to whatever I could run on my tiny tablet. And that I then had to operate via the bloody touchscreen.

Now, I've got my big screen back. Yes, when your half blind ass, and your half blind eyes, need the app and text zoom factor of 225%, having a 32" screen is vastly superior to 24". Not to mention being able to stop and start youtube videos by mouse, not having to fumble with that crowded touchscreen (seriously, youtubte, your app's interface is like trying to operate the control panel of a nuclear plant with a broomstick tied to another broomstick). Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it's gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh!

The Beast™ is yet to be fully restored. It's sitting on a rolling tea-tray thing right now, all case panels taken off, only one of two massive radiators present (the one for the CPU), and the graphics getting handled not by my still fancy watercooled card but by the conventionally aspirated card I viscerated from the disloyal leftover PC.

And the restoration yet needs some bits. You know how it is.
Biggest problem are o-rings. After three years of sterling service, they have become set in their shape, they're not giving it up now. Elasticity zero.
Being a space nut, o-ring elasticity is something I'm very careful with. But can I just buy a bag of loose o-rings at the nearest o-ring store?
Not those non-metric 1/4" rings I can't.
Online, I kept finding only two options.
Option one, don't buy new rings. Buy complete new, pricey fittings, each coming with one single o-ring.
Option two, buying loose o-rings from a "domestic" seller. Amazon or Ebay, those "domestic" sellers would "ship domestic" in only 2+ weeks. :x

But where do I finally find loose o-rings, at a reasonable price, and due to arrive before Pentecost?
The same store that had saved my bacon with the unobtanium motherboard. You better believe I've bookmarked them.

So now, after doing some backups and updates, I'm gonna set up my new SSD to be mirrored on the buggy old SSD. Still gonna backup stuff elsewhere, too. But while it's still there, even if it won't boot reliably any longer, might as well.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.