RAGNARöK 202X 2021!!!

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.
Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Re: RAGNARöK 2020!!!

Post by Skkot » Sun May 10, 2020 1:54 pm

OK, so now this is happening in 2021.
Better times, I hope, for everyone

2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun May 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Skkot wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:54 pm
I took the liberty of adjusting the title of this thread.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Re: RAGNARöK 2021!!!

Post by AZRider » Thu May 14, 2020 5:22 pm

I spoke to David the new owner of Kiser Creek and we are all set for June 21-25 of 2021. Mark your calendars and request your vacation days.

Expect a Denver pre-party on June 20.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Thu May 14, 2020 5:30 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:07 pm
Skkot wrote:09 time=1589147662 user_id=3209]
I took the liberty of adjusting the title of this thread.
I would like you to re-rename it “RAGNARöK 202X 2021!!!

I tried to bold and red the X, but I only got one or the other. If you can fix my error and make it a bold red X, that’s perfect.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 am

AZRider wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:30 pm
I would like you to re-rename it “RAGNARöK 202X 2021!!!

I tried to bold and red the X, but I only got one or the other. If you can fix my error and make it a bold red X, that’s perfect.
I've made it as close to that as possible. Thread titles don't allow BBCode, I'm afraid, so red or bold are both out.
As regards making something both red and bold, try putting the code for red as the innermost set of tags. That is, highlight the text in question, and first select bold, then select the color.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

Post by Skkot » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:54 pm

boz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 pm
red wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:59 pm
Skkot wrote: The previous owner that signed the title was Dozer, and that was why my friend at the dealership mentioned it to me, as they knew him too. The crash bars looked familiar as they had been on my own XS-650 but I gave them to Dozer knowing he would use them and he did. As it happens, the University of Maryland School of Sociology now has a permanent installation of Dozer's work, and at the opening a couple weeks ago I talked with his sister and she wants that bike. I can get it for the cost of the tow (or less), but ironically it will probably cost more to ship it to LA than it is technically worth..
That is absolutely amazing you found his bike like that.

Can we start a fund to help decrease that cost for you?
Wow I never read through these blocks of text til today. Is there any more story to this?!

Dozer's XS650 is now in my care. Our friend at the Yamaha/Triumph place repatriated it unto us and would not accept money in payment. I have sent them a box of Oregon charcuterie on behalf of the DisOrg.
Noah's new bike.jpg
This is what it looked like when Noah got it.
This is what it looks like now.
noah's bike.jpg
The guy Dozer sold it too, also currently dead, apparently tried to add some Freedom. I do have the original seat, but I haven't even begun to get into how far it is from running. I presume everything rubber is probably rotten. Dozer's sister hasn't been able to take the class yet, because plague, but she's excited to have this connection. I was going to get a new battery first, make sure there's oil inside, clean the stator, pop in new plugs and see if it fires up. Any triage suggestions are most welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: RAGNARöK 202X 2021!!!

Post by red » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Reach out to Aggroton, he just got two Yammy XSeses if I recall correctly. Maybe he can assist with parts? Awesome to see it back in the family!
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-